Dave S

Default Shun Knives Without D Shaped Handles

In various threads about KAI Shun knives,
it's been mentioned that their handles are shaped for right handers.

A.G. Russell Knives often has variants of knives available elsewhere.
They have the Shun knife with handles made out of a white "Corian like"
material which seem to have a more conventional, ambidextrous, shape.

This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ife_block.html

Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
others:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html

The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...efs_knife.html

I own a KAI Shun santuko, not these.
My only affiliation with A.G. Russell is as a customer.
Caveat emptor, etc....

--
Dave S

Posting with TBird,
If they keep trying, so will I ;-)
JimLane

Dave S wrote:
> In various threads about KAI Shun knives,
> it's been mentioned that their handles are shaped for right handers.
>
> A.G. Russell Knives often has variants of knives available elsewhere.
> They have the Shun knife with handles made out of a white "Corian like"
> material which seem to have a more conventional, ambidextrous, shape.
>
> This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ife_block.html
>

> Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
> others:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html
>
> The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...efs_knife.html
>

> I own a KAI Shun santuko, not these.
> My only affiliation with A.G. Russell is as a customer.
> Caveat emptor, etc....

Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers Damascus,
not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.

So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer Damascus.

jim
JimLane

Dave S wrote:
> In various threads about KAI Shun knives,
> it's been mentioned that their handles are shaped for right handers.
>
> A.G. Russell Knives often has variants of knives available elsewhere.
> They have the Shun knife with handles made out of a white "Corian like"
> material which seem to have a more conventional, ambidextrous, shape.
>
> This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ife_block.html
>

> Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
> others:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html
>
> The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...efs_knife.html
>

> I own a KAI Shun santuko, not these.
> My only affiliation with A.G. Russell is as a customer.
> Caveat emptor, etc....

Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers Damascus,
not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.

So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer Damascus.

jim
JimLane

JimLane wrote:

> Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers Damascus,
> not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.
>
> So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer Damascus.
>

> jim

As a follow-on, the AG knives are sold in a set ($725). They also carry
KAI Damascus knives (the first replier mentioned) individually with
price ranges from $45 to $125 and a set (smaller than AG's) for $450.

See the KAI knives he

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...i_cutlery.html

jim
JimLane

JimLane wrote:

> Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers Damascus,
> not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.
>
> So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer Damascus.
>

> jim

As a follow-on, the AG knives are sold in a set ($725). They also carry
KAI Damascus knives (the first replier mentioned) individually with
price ranges from $45 to $125 and a set (smaller than AG's) for $450.

See the KAI knives he

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...i_cutlery.html

jim

alan

Dave S wrote:
> In various threads about KAI Shun knives,
> it's been mentioned that their handles are shaped for right handers.
>
> A.G. Russell Knives often has variants of knives available elsewhere.
> They have the Shun knife with handles made out of a white "Corian like"
> material which seem to have a more conventional, ambidextrous, shape.
>
> This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ife_block.html
>

> Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
> others:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html
>
> The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...efs_knife.html
>

> I own a KAI Shun santuko, not these.
> My only affiliation with A.G. Russell is as a customer.
> Caveat emptor, etc....

kershaw also has a line of 6600 series knives with round handles
alan

Dave S wrote:
> In various threads about KAI Shun knives,
> it's been mentioned that their handles are shaped for right handers.
>
> A.G. Russell Knives often has variants of knives available elsewhere.
> They have the Shun knife with handles made out of a white "Corian like"
> material which seem to have a more conventional, ambidextrous, shape.
>
> This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ife_block.html
>

> Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
> others:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html
>
> The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...efs_knife.html
>

> I own a KAI Shun santuko, not these.
> My only affiliation with A.G. Russell is as a customer.
> Caveat emptor, etc....

kershaw also has a line of 6600 series knives with round handles
Michel Boucher

Dave S > wrote in
:

> Caveat emptor, etc....

In this case it would first and foremost be caveat lector.

--

"It is easier for a rich man to enter heaven seated
comfortably on the back of a camel, than it is for

Supply Side Jesus
Michel Boucher

Dave S > wrote in
:

> Caveat emptor, etc....

In this case it would first and foremost be caveat lector.

--

"It is easier for a rich man to enter heaven seated
comfortably on the back of a camel, than it is for
a poor man to pass through the eye of a needle."

Supply Side Jesus
Dave S

JimLane wrote:

>> Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers
>> Damascus, not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.
>>=20
>> So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer
>> Damascus.

> As a follow-on, the AG knives are sold in a set ($725). They also
> carry KAI Damascus knives (the first replier mentioned) individually
> with price ranges from $45 to $125 and a set (smaller than AG's) for
> $450.
>=20
> See the KAI knives he
>=20
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...i_cutlery.html
>=20
>=20
>=20
> jim

OK.

I was the OP on the thread: "Shun Knives Without D Shaped Handles".
There are other Shun knife threads, current and last year.

If you look at the knives in the links I gave (and give again) you can
see that
the knives have different labels on the blades and different handles,
but are otherwise the same. If you read the descriptions you will see tha=
both lines have a hard steel (VG-10, AKA: VG-10 Gold, AKA: "supersteel")
core surrounded by layers of stainless to give a Damascus look.
What I think: the "A. G. Russell=99 VG-10 Core Damascus Kitchen Knives"
are made by KAI (Kershaw), the line is Shun Classic (as opposed to Pro),
they are the same knives with different handles.
The AG knives are also sold separately.

This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ll_oak_knife_=
block.html

Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
others:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html

The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...sell_knives/k=
itchen_knives/a_g_russell_damascus_10_chefs_knife.html

Google some combination of KAI, Kershaw, Shun, VG-10, damascus steel for
all kinds of info.

Dave S

Posting with TBird,
If they keep trying, so will I ;-)

Dave S

JimLane wrote:

>> Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers
>> Damascus, not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.
>>=20
>> So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer
>> Damascus.

> As a follow-on, the AG knives are sold in a set ($725). They also
> carry KAI Damascus knives (the first replier mentioned) individually
> with price ranges from $45 to $125 and a set (smaller than AG's) for
> $450.
>=20
> See the KAI knives he
>=20
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...i_cutlery.html
>=20
>=20
>=20
> jim

OK.

I was the OP on the thread: "Shun Knives Without D Shaped Handles".
There are other Shun knife threads, current and last year.

If you look at the knives in the links I gave (and give again) you can
see that
the knives have different labels on the blades and different handles,
but are otherwise the same. If you read the descriptions you will see tha=
both lines have a hard steel (VG-10, AKA: VG-10 Gold, AKA: "supersteel")
core surrounded by layers of stainless to give a Damascus look.
What I think: the "A. G. Russell=99 VG-10 Core Damascus Kitchen Knives"
are made by KAI (Kershaw), the line is Shun Classic (as opposed to Pro),
they are the same knives with different handles.
The AG knives are also sold separately.

This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ll_oak_knife_=
block.html

Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
others:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html

The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...sell_knives/k=
itchen_knives/a_g_russell_damascus_10_chefs_knife.html

Google some combination of KAI, Kershaw, Shun, VG-10, damascus steel for
all kinds of info.

Dave S

Posting with TBird,
If they keep trying, so will I ;-)
JimLane

Dave S wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>
>>> Shun is a brand of knife. Damascus is not. AG Russell offers
>>> Damascus, not Shun, which is what the OP asked specifically about.
>>>
>>> So to say AG offers Shun knives is incorrect. They do offer
>>> Damascus.

>> As a follow-on, the AG knives are sold in a set ($725). They also
>> carry KAI Damascus knives (the first replier mentioned) individually
>> with price ranges from $45 to $125 and a set (smaller than AG's) for
>> $450.
>>
>> See the KAI knives he
>>
>> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...i_cutlery.html
>>

>> jim

> OK.
>
> I was the OP on the thread: "Shun Knives Without D Shaped Handles".
> There are other Shun knife threads, current and last year.
>
> If you look at the knives in the links I gave (and give again) you can
> see that
> the knives have different labels on the blades and different handles,
> but are otherwise the same. If you read the descriptions you will see that
> both lines have a hard steel (VG-10, AKA: VG-10 Gold, AKA: "supersteel")
> core surrounded by layers of stainless to give a Damascus look.
> What I think: the "A. G. Russell™ VG-10 Core Damascus Kitchen Knives"
> are made by KAI (Kershaw), the line is Shun Classic (as opposed to Pro),
> they are the same knives with different handles.
> The AG knives are also sold separately.
>
> This shows the handle shape better than the other pages:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_p...ife_block.html
>

> Their kitchen knife page, with their versions, the original Shuns, and
> others:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_purpose/cooking.html
>
> The order page with individual knives, for a better side view:
> http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_m...efs_knife.html
>

> Google some combination of KAI, Kershaw, Shun, VG-10, damascus steel for
> all kinds of info.
>
> Dave S
>
> Posting with TBird,
> If they keep trying, so will I ;-)

I did look at the links you gave. How else do you think I gave the link
I did and the pricing? Crystal ball?

No matter, you are making an ASSumption that all come from the same
source and that KAI, Shun and AG are all the same. Until you can
definitely prove they have the same manufacturer and technical
standards, they remain distinct brands. Balls in your court to prove the
only difference is in the handles.

jim
JimLane

Shun knives sf[_9_] General Cooking 7 12-02-2014 10:27 AM
Big Discounts on Many Shun Knives and Sets Gary General Cooking 9 05-04-2013 07:43 PM
Shun knives Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 5 11-02-2009 10:10 AM
Question Shun Knives larry General Cooking 7 19-11-2004 12:52 PM
Shun Kershaw knives Anthony Cooking Equipment 1 20-02-2004 04:28 AM