Frenchy

Default REC: Great Fruit Cake

REALLY EASY AND TRULY DELICIOUS FRUIT CAKE

1 kg of dried mixed fruit mix (you can use less, if you want it lighter)

2 cups of orange juice

Soak fruit in orange juice overnight

Next day add any essences you feel like (rum, whisky, brandy, vanilla etc)

Add two cups of self raising flour. Mix well with a spatula

Put in oven at 140 degrees for approx two hours.

This is good, that it could double as a Christmas Pudding, served hot with
cream and ice cream!

Frenchy

limey

"Frenchy" > wrote in message
> REALLY EASY AND TRULY DELICIOUS FRUIT CAKE
>
> 1 kg of dried mixed fruit mix (you can use less, if you want it lighter)
>
> 2 cups of orange juice
>
> Soak fruit in orange juice overnight
>
> Next day add any essences you feel like (rum, whisky, brandy, vanilla etc)
>
> Add two cups of self raising flour. Mix well with a spatula
>
> Put in oven at 140 degrees for approx two hours.
>
> This is good, that it could double as a Christmas Pudding, served hot with
> cream and ice cream!
>
> Frenchy

140ºC = 285ºF.

Dora

limey

"Frenchy" > wrote in message
> REALLY EASY AND TRULY DELICIOUS FRUIT CAKE
>
> 1 kg of dried mixed fruit mix (you can use less, if you want it lighter)
>
> 2 cups of orange juice
>
> Soak fruit in orange juice overnight
>
> Next day add any essences you feel like (rum, whisky, brandy, vanilla etc)
>
> Add two cups of self raising flour. Mix well with a spatula
>
> Put in oven at 140 degrees for approx two hours.
>
> This is good, that it could double as a Christmas Pudding, served hot with
> cream and ice cream!
>
> Frenchy

140ºC = 285ºF.

Dora