TOM KAN PA

Default Meatballs in a crockpot question

Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These will
be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are to
be served should they be started to heat?

Vox Humana

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These

will
> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are

> be served should they be started to heat?

It is impossible to tell. All crock posts and all meatballs are not the
same size.

PENMART01

>"Vox Humana"
>
>"TOM KAN'S PA: EMERIL" BAMMED:
>> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These

>will
>> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
>> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are

>> be served should they be started to heat?

>It is impossible to tell. All crock posts and all meatballs are not the
>same size.

Also, Emeril's prodigy doesn't indicate if those frozen meatballs are raw or
cooked.... normal brained folks cook meatballs before freezing (a food safety
thingie).

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

jmcquown

TOM KAN PA wrote:
> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce.
> These will be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large
> crockpot.
> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before
> they are to be served should they be started to heat?

Depends on the size of the crock pot and what settings you have on it. Put
some in it and layer it twice. Think about if you put a roast in the crock.
It will easily cook that many.

Temps: "Warm"? "Low"? "High"? or does yours specify a temp setting (as in
degrees)?

I'd put the meatballs in and smother with the sauce about 2 hours on high
temp to thaw them out and start to heat them through. Then reduce to a low
temp and once they are hot, switch to "warm" or 250F. Have you considered
adding a nice rich red wine, say 1/4 cup, to that "spaghetti sauce"?

Jill

Puester

TOM KAN PA wrote:

> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These will
> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are to
> be served should they be started to heat?

If you have the option, I'd thaw and heat the meatballs in the sauce
on a stovetop then transfer to the crockpot to keep warm. That
would lessen the guess factor.

gloria p

Vox Humana

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"Vox Humana"
> >
> >"TOM KAN'S PA: EMERIL" BAMMED:
> >> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce.

These
> >will
> >> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> >> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they

are
> >> be served should they be started to heat?

> >It is impossible to tell. All crock posts and all meatballs are not the
> >same size.

> Also, Emeril's prodigy doesn't indicate if those frozen meatballs are raw

or
> cooked.... normal brained folks cook meatballs before freezing (a food

safety
> thingie).

But Mr. Tom doesn't really cook from what I can tell. He will be using
frozen mystery meat orbs from Giant Eagle or Kroger's.

Nancy Young

Puester wrote:

> TOM KAN PA wrote:
> >
> > Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These will
> > be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> > How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are to
> > be served should they be started to heat?

> If you have the option, I'd thaw and heat the meatballs in the sauce
> on a stovetop then transfer to the crockpot to keep warm. That
> would lessen the guess factor.

I would most assuredly brown the meatballs in a skillet first; second
choice, bake them first.

nancy

TOM KAN PA > wrote:
> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These will
> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are to
> be served should they be started to heat?

How many meatballs can be put in the crockpot depends on the size of
the crockpot and the size of the meatballs. Saying a crockpot is "large"
does nothing to explain its capacity. If you just look at the packages of
meatballs, you can pretty much judge yourself how many will fit in your
crockpot. Just put enough meatballs in the crockput to go about 2/3rds of
its capacity, then pour enough tomato sauce to cover the meatballs.

Cooking directions should be on the package of meatballs.

jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> Puester wrote:
>>
>> TOM KAN PA wrote:
>>>
>>> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce.
>>> These will be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large
>>> crockpot.
>>> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before
>>> they are to be served should they be started to heat?

>> If you have the option, I'd thaw and heat the meatballs in the sauce
>> on a stovetop then transfer to the crockpot to keep warm. That
>> would lessen the guess factor.

> I would most assuredly brown the meatballs in a skillet first; second
> choice, bake them first.
>
> nancy

Chances are, these are in bulk bought at Sam's or Costco, which means they
are already cooked.

Jill

Dimitri

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These

will
> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they are

> be served should they be started to heat?

As many as the crock-pot will hold - usually 1 bag of frozen is adequate.
Use enough sauce to covet the meatballs.
If he meatballs are cooked and frozen start in morning on high and reduce to
low when the sauce is warm.

Dimitri

Vox Humana

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
m...

> "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> > Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce. These

> will
> > be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> > How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they

are
> > be served should they be started to heat?

> As many as the crock-pot will hold - usually 1 bag of frozen is adequate.
> Use enough sauce to covet the meatballs.

Thou shat not covet they neighbor's meatballs.

Dimitri

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> > > Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce.

These
> > will
> > > be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
> > > How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before they

> are
> > > be served should they be started to heat?

> > As many as the crock-pot will hold - usually 1 bag of frozen is

adequate.
> > Use enough sauce to covet the meatballs.

> Thou shat not covet they neighbor's meatballs.

Why not????

They're home made and mine come from a bag.

LOL,

Dimitri

hahabogus

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
>> Gonna throw frozen meatballs into a crockpot with spaghetti sauce.
>> These

> will
>> be available all evening at a gathering. It's the large crockpot.
>> How many meatballs can be put in, how much sauce. How long before
>> they are

>> be served should they be started to heat?

> It is impossible to tell. All crock posts and all meatballs are not
> the same size.

My guess is around 50 meatballs and around a quart of sauce. I made the
dreaded "grape jelly meatballs" for a xmas pot luck and my large crockpot
(11qt) held around that many homemade meatballs (48 IIRC) and I think that
much or more sauce. To get the meatballs unfrozen and cooked my guess is 6-
8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high. Might be worth your while to pre-bake the
meatballs to mostly cooked and transfer the partially cooked balls to the
sauce in the crock pot, that you turned before you started baking the meat
balls.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
Vox Humana

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> > m...

> These
> > > will

they
> > are
> > >
> > > As many as the crock-pot will hold - usually 1 bag of frozen is

> adequate.
> > > Use enough sauce to covet the meatballs.

> > Thou shat not covet they neighbor's meatballs.

> Why not????

All I know is that there is talk about a constitutional amendment concerning
such things.

Jeff Bienstadt

Vox Humana wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> om...
>>
>> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> > m...

>> These

> they
>> > are

>> adequate.
>> >

>> > Thou shat not covet they neighbor's meatballs.

>> Why not????
>>

> All I know is that there is talk about a constitutional amendment
> concerning such things.

You can covet them all you want. You just cannot marry them.

---jkb

--
"Grandma taught me never to judge a species by their eating habits."
-- Commander Tucker