Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Interesting GMO article

On 9/1/2014 2:39 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 10:35 AM, Mayo wrote:

>>> Ah come on... that would be going far too easy on me. I must be made to
>>> pay dearly! :-)

>> The it's got to be Burger King, McD's will never do.

> Burger King! Do you think I'm a crazy idiot!!?

Lol, do you folks have Carl's over there?

I'm sorry, I'd never subject you to those yucky batter dip fries BK
foists upon folks.

Why they even had the nerve to take the Satisfries off the menu!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 8/31/2014 11:36 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Eating GMO anything sounds a lot better than starving but that's just
>>> me.

>> You are very persuasive
>>

> The problem is that people are able to stuff their faces far to easily.

Yes. I asked someone the other day what was in something she was buying.
Not food but a green tea supplement. Her answer was that she didn't know.

How can people do that? I don't know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 2:54 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Bottom line is the planet can only provide so much sustainable food. And
>>> we
>>> are exceeding that capacity now.

>> The most efficient solution then is to have less people.

> Yes but that would mean less economic growth.

It sure would.

> What it means is that human
> society is well and truly doomed. As is pretty much every living species.
> Even rats cannot escape extinction when human bellies must be filled. The
> planet will go on but it won't be such a nice place as it was. Couple
> million years though and things will start looking up.

Bleak, but not anything I'd dispute given past extinctions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 10:50 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Bottom line is the planet can only provide so much sustainable food. And
>>> we
>>> are exceeding that capacity now.
>>>

>> That's what they said a hundred years ago. They were wrong.

> We've learned a little since then. GMOs are not sustainable and in only a
> mere decade we have learned of their terrible double edge.

I can dig where you're coming from - I dislike these big corporation
too. They literately stole this land from the Hawaiians. OTOH, they help
feed people on a global scale.

> ---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 3:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Uh oh... I should have used "too" instead of "to." I'm so ashamed to
>>> have made this rookie mistake. As penance, I will stuff my face with a
>>> Big Mac.

>> That seems a tad harsh, maybe a Filet-o-fish would suffice...

> I have been to that establishment *once*. A friend was passing through
> and rather than have me cook he took me there. Not having been before I
> perused the menu and being a fish lover, settled on Filet-o-fish since I
> didn't fancy any of the other stuff. When it arrived, I took one bite
> out of it ... and nearly threw up! It was full of gunk!!!!
>
> There was a slice of plastic cheese on it and ... gunk. Who could even
> taste fish! Never again!

Oh yes, it's like children's play food, right down to the bun.

And they use a particularly noxious tartar sauce on it too.

There was a time when our Wendy's chain offered a really decent Arctic
Cod sandwich with panko coating.

I've not seen those on the menu in a while though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 11:05 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Yes and many don't seem to be too fussed about what they use to stuff
>>> them.
>>>

>> Uh oh... I should have used "too" instead of "to." I'm so ashamed to
>> have made this rookie mistake. As penance, I will stuff my face with a
>> Big Mac.

> Hahaha a big Mac eh? Now tell me. Is that really a penance? It would
> be for me)

Not much of a penance. OTOH, those 2 all-beef patties give me the creeps
cause they don't appear to possess any flavor at all. It's just a blank...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 11:12 AM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 2:39 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> The it's got to be Burger King, McD's will never do.

>> Burger King! Do you think I'm a crazy idiot!!?

> Lol, do you folks have Carl's over there?

They do! My friend took me to it one time. It was attached to a gas
station and called "Carl's Jr." They weren't kidding about the junior
part either. People would come in to buy burgers and get gas. I've never
seen anything like it. A setup like that pretty much screams "We're not
good enough to stand alone by ourselves!" OTOH, it was goofy as hell and
I dig goofy.

> I'm sorry, I'd never subject you to those yucky batter dip fries BK
> foists upon folks.
>
> Why they even had the nerve to take the Satisfries off the menu!

Eating a burger at BK makes me feel ill. I have no idea what they put in
those things! OTOH, I used to buy a one dollar baked potato and dump a
cup of one dollar chili on the potato. That was tasty and cheap and
didn't make me ill. That would pretty much be the three cornerstones of
my credo on fast food places. Of course, they ditched those items pretty
fast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/1/2014 3:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> That seems a tad harsh, maybe a Filet-o-fish would suffice...

>> I have been to that establishment *once*. A friend was passing through
>> and rather than have me cook he took me there. Not having been before I
>> perused the menu and being a fish lover, settled on Filet-o-fish since I
>> didn't fancy any of the other stuff. When it arrived, I took one bite
>> out of it ... and nearly threw up! It was full of gunk!!!!
>>
>> There was a slice of plastic cheese on it and ... gunk. Who could even
>> taste fish! Never again!
>>

> Oh yes, it's like children's play food, right down to the bun.
>
> And they use a particularly noxious tartar sauce on it too.
>
> There was a time when our Wendy's chain offered a really decent Arctic
> Cod sandwich with panko coating.
>
> I've not seen those on the menu in a while though.

It has put me off ever trying any fast food chain again.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/1/2014 3:13 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> The most efficient solution then is to have less people.

>> Or ... Soylent Green?
>>

> Heh, that had to be Edward G. Robinson's most bizarre film ever.

Who knows, if there are more people than there is food ... Scary stuff.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/1/2014 11:05 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Uh oh... I should have used "too" instead of "to." I'm so ashamed to
>>> have made this rookie mistake. As penance, I will stuff my face with a
>>> Big Mac.

>> Hahaha a big Mac eh? Now tell me. Is that really a penance? It would
>> be for me)
>>

> Not much of a penance. OTOH, those 2 all-beef patties give me the creeps
> cause they don't appear to possess any flavor at all. It's just a blank...

I've never tried them. I didn't like the look of them.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 4:04 PM, JohnJohn wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:19:27 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message

>>> IOW, "If ya ain't with us, ya must be agin us!"
>>>
>>> Mighty presumptuous.
>>>

>> Monsanto's reputation is well documented. If ever a truly evil corporation
>> existed, it is them.

> Defending Monsanto is a bit like defending the Bush/Cheney government
> or ISIS.

Wow!

All Bush/Cheney did was liberate 50 million.

Shame on them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 4:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 10:50 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> That's what they said a hundred years ago. They were wrong.

>> We've learned a little since then. GMOs are not sustainable and in
>> only a
>> mere decade we have learned of their terrible double edge.
>>

> I can dig where you're coming from - I dislike these big corporation
> too. They literately stole this land from the Hawaiians. OTOH, they help
> feed people on a global scale.

I guess being on the Dole has a diffeernt meaning where you live...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 4:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 11:12 AM, Mayo wrote:

>>> Burger King! Do you think I'm a crazy idiot!!?

>> Lol, do you folks have Carl's over there?

> They do! My friend took me to it one time. It was attached to a gas
> station and called "Carl's Jr." They weren't kidding about the junior
> part either. People would come in to buy burgers and get gas. I've never
> seen anything like it. A setup like that pretty much screams "We're not
> good enough to stand alone by ourselves!" OTOH, it was goofy as hell and
> I dig goofy.

Their big burgers are absolute gut bombs of sat. fat.

>> I'm sorry, I'd never subject you to those yucky batter dip fries BK
>> foists upon folks.
>>
>> Why they even had the nerve to take the Satisfries off the menu!

> Eating a burger at BK makes me feel ill. I have no idea what they put in
> those things! OTOH, I used to buy a one dollar baked potato and dump a
> cup of one dollar chili on the potato. That was tasty and cheap and
> didn't make me ill. That would pretty much be the three cornerstones of
> my credo on fast food places. Of course, they ditched those items pretty
> fast.

I think you can still get that at Wendys.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 4:31 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> I have been to that establishment *once*. A friend was passing through
>>> and rather than have me cook he took me there. Not having been before I
>>> perused the menu and being a fish lover, settled on Filet-o-fish since I
>>> didn't fancy any of the other stuff. When it arrived, I took one bite
>>> out of it ... and nearly threw up! It was full of gunk!!!!
>>>
>>> There was a slice of plastic cheese on it and ... gunk. Who could even
>>> taste fish! Never again!
>>>

>> Oh yes, it's like children's play food, right down to the bun.
>>
>> And they use a particularly noxious tartar sauce on it too.
>>
>> There was a time when our Wendy's chain offered a really decent Arctic
>> Cod sandwich with panko coating.
>>
>> I've not seen those on the menu in a while though.

> It has put me off ever trying any fast food chain again.

Ouch.

But in the end, small loss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 4:33 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Or ... Soylent Green?
>>>

>> Heh, that had to be Edward G. Robinson's most bizarre film ever.

> Who knows, if there are more people than there is food ... Scary stuff.

I've seen enough science "fiction" come true not to rule much out. I
just hope I'll not be around to see it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/1/2014 4:31 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Oh yes, it's like children's play food, right down to the bun.
>>>
>>> And they use a particularly noxious tartar sauce on it too.
>>>
>>> There was a time when our Wendy's chain offered a really decent Arctic
>>> Cod sandwich with panko coating.
>>>
>>> I've not seen those on the menu in a while though.

>> It has put me off ever trying any fast food chain again.
>>

> Ouch.
>
> But in the end, small loss.

Is is to me.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/1/2014 4:33 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Heh, that had to be Edward G. Robinson's most bizarre film ever.

>> Who knows, if there are more people than there is food ... Scary stuff.

> I've seen enough science "fiction" come true not to rule much out. I just
> hope I'll not be around to see it.

Ya mean you don't want someone chomping on yer wee foot then? You could
offer them some mayo to dress it with <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JohnJohn" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:53:28 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

>>> Who knows, if there are more people than there is food ... Scary stuff.

>>I've seen enough science "fiction" come true not to rule much out. I
>>just hope I'll not be around to see it.

> You won't be around, but you might be shared around.

lol there is that!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 12:45 PM, Mayo wrote:

> I guess being on the Dole has a diffeernt meaning where you live...

He was the first President of Hawaii after a group of mostly American
businessmen overthrew the monarchy. After that he was the first
Governor. These days we try not to think about him too much. I'll get a
can of Dole pineapple if it's on sale. Mostly I buy Safeway canned
pineapple.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 12:52 PM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 4:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Lol, do you folks have Carl's over there?

>> They do! My friend took me to it one time. It was attached to a gas
>> station and called "Carl's Jr." They weren't kidding about the junior
>> part either. People would come in to buy burgers and get gas. I've never
>> seen anything like it. A setup like that pretty much screams "We're not
>> good enough to stand alone by ourselves!" OTOH, it was goofy as hell and
>> I dig goofy.

> Their big burgers are absolute gut bombs of sat. fat.

You had me at "gut bomb." :-)

>>> I'm sorry, I'd never subject you to those yucky batter dip fries BK
>>> foists upon folks.
>>>
>>> Why they even had the nerve to take the Satisfries off the menu!

>> Eating a burger at BK makes me feel ill. I have no idea what they put in
>> those things! OTOH, I used to buy a one dollar baked potato and dump a
>> cup of one dollar chili on the potato. That was tasty and cheap and
>> didn't make me ill. That would pretty much be the three cornerstones of
>> my credo on fast food places. Of course, they ditched those items pretty
>> fast.

> I think you can still get that at Wendys.

Wendy's is great, I think. I don't ever get to go there. Too far.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 4:56 PM, JohnJohn wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:53:28 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

>>> Who knows, if there are more people than there is food ... Scary stuff.

>> I've seen enough science "fiction" come true not to rule much out. I
>> just hope I'll not be around to see it.

> You won't be around, but you might be shared around.

Ha!

Good one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 5:01 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> It has put me off ever trying any fast food chain again.
>>>

>> Ouch.
>>
>> But in the end, small loss.

> Is is to me.

With the seafood you folks have up there, well I'd find it hard to
justify anything more "fast" than fish and chips.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 5:04 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Who knows, if there are more people than there is food ... Scary stuff.

>> I've seen enough science "fiction" come true not to rule much out. I
>> just hope I'll not be around to see it.

> Ya mean you don't want someone chomping on yer wee foot then? You
> could offer them some mayo to dress it with <g>

That stuff is troll attractant, I do not need the little dumpling
posting pics of me on his deck rail between two slices of ciabatta bread...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 5:10 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 12:45 PM, Mayo wrote:
>>
>> I guess being on the Dole has a diffeernt meaning where you live...
>>

> He was the first President of Hawaii after a group of mostly American
> businessmen overthrew the monarchy. After that he was the first
> Governor. These days we try not to think about him too much. I'll get a
> can of Dole pineapple if it's on sale. Mostly I buy Safeway canned
> pineapple.

Lol, old grudges die hard eh?

I wonder how that deal is going where Larry Ellison bought an entire island.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 5:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 12:52 PM, Mayo wrote:

>>> They do! My friend took me to it one time. It was attached to a gas
>>> station and called "Carl's Jr." They weren't kidding about the junior
>>> part either. People would come in to buy burgers and get gas. I've never
>>> seen anything like it. A setup like that pretty much screams "We're not
>>> good enough to stand alone by ourselves!" OTOH, it was goofy as hell and
>>> I dig goofy.

>> Their big burgers are absolute gut bombs of sat. fat.

> You had me at "gut bomb." :-)

>>> Eating a burger at BK makes me feel ill. I have no idea what they put in
>>> those things! OTOH, I used to buy a one dollar baked potato and dump a
>>> cup of one dollar chili on the potato. That was tasty and cheap and
>>> didn't make me ill. That would pretty much be the three cornerstones of
>>> my credo on fast food places. Of course, they ditched those items pretty
>>> fast.

>> I think you can still get that at Wendys.
>>

> Wendy's is great, I think. I don't ever get to go there. Too far.

I just think its cool in this day and age for a baked potato to even
exist at a fast food joint.

They also do a reasonable Asian chicken salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 5:19 PM, JohnJohn wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 00:05:02 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>>> You won't be around, but you might be shared around.

>> lol there is that!!!

> "Would you like some mayo with that?"

Wasabi please!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/1/2014 4:04 PM, JohnJohn wrote:

>>> Monsanto's reputation is well documented. If ever a truly evil
>>> corporation
>>> existed, it is them.

>> Defending Monsanto is a bit like defending the Bush/Cheney government
>> or ISIS.
>>

> Wow!
>
> All Bush/Cheney did was liberate 50 million.

We would not be in this mess had they not "liberated" Iraq. The world
warned of the consequences and this is precisely what they predicted would
happen. You ask any Iraqi which was better, life under Hussein or life now.
You'll have to wait for them to stop laughing before they can answer you.

> Shame on them.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/1/2014 10:50 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> That's what they said a hundred years ago. They were wrong.

>> We've learned a little since then. GMOs are not sustainable and in only
>> mere decade we have learned of their terrible double edge.
>>

> I can dig where you're coming from - I dislike these big corporation too.
> They literately stole this land from the Hawaiians. OTOH, they help feed
> people on a global scale.

When the mafia (which doesn't exist, got that?) was getting started the cops
would never pin anything on them. The locals all said "yeah they are bad
but they spend a lot of money in our neighborgood."

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/1/2014 12:45 PM, Mayo wrote:
>>
>> I guess being on the Dole has a diffeernt meaning where you live...
>>

> He was the first President of Hawaii after a group of mostly American
> businessmen overthrew the monarchy. After that he was the first Governor.
> These days we try not to think about him too much. I'll get a can of Dole
> pineapple if it's on sale. Mostly I buy Safeway canned pineapple.

We did the same thing in Guatemala, except we used the US military and
killed thousands of peasants.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 7:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>> On 9/1/2014 4:04 PM, JohnJohn wrote:

>>> Defending Monsanto is a bit like defending the Bush/Cheney government
>>> or ISIS.
>>>

>> Wow!
>>
>> All Bush/Cheney did was liberate 50 million.

> We would not be in this mess had they not "liberated" Iraq.

Yes we would.

> The world
> warned of the consequences and this is precisely what they predicted would
> happen. You ask any Iraqi which was better, life under Hussein or life now.
> You'll have to wait for them to stop laughing before they can answer you.

You present some poling that proves that, else I call BS on you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 7:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> You ask any Iraqi which was better, life under Hussein or life now.
> You'll have to wait for them to stop laughing before they can answer you.

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/world-aff...ut-saddam.html

So what do Iraqis think about the occupation, the invasion and their
lives in general? If you listen too much to some keyboard jihadis, you’d
think that the US is despised and the “freedom fighters” are
representative of the Iraqi people. Well, pardon me for letting the
facts speak for themselves.

· nearly six in ten Iraqis say life is better than it was under the
former dictator

· Asked how things were going in their lives these days, seven in 10
said the situation was very good or quite good, and only 15 percent said
things were very bad. Looking ahead,
· 71 percent said they expected conditions in their lives to be much
better or somewhat better a year from now.
· half of those questioned believe the invasion was the right thing to
do, compared with 39 percent who said it was wrong

· more than four in five Iraqis say they want to have democracy

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...6&pageNumber=0

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...er-Saddam.html

The most extensive survey of public opinion undertaken in Iraq reveals
that most people think life is better since the removal of Saddam Hussein.
The findings will provide a welcome boost to the morale of the Coalition
Provisional Authority as it weighs its achievements after nearly a year
running the country.
The poll is based on 6,000 interviews, with the sample selected to
reflect the geographical, ethnic, religious and cultural realities of Iraq.
It found that 70 per cent believed things were going well or quite well
in their lives. Only 29 per cent disagreed and 56 per cent believed the
situation was better now than it was before the war.
The disparity may be explained by the fact that one of the few benefits
of living under Saddam Hussein's dictatorship was that crime levels were
low.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/1/2014 7:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> Wow!
>>>
>>> All Bush/Cheney did was liberate 50 million.

>> We would not be in this mess had they not "liberated" Iraq.

> Yes we would.

No we would not. A huge number of these Jighadis for example are survivors
of the refuge camps they had been sent to after Americans killed their
entire families. All our war fro their freedom did was make millions of
angry young men who are out for revenge now.

>> The world
>> warned of the consequences and this is precisely what they predicted
>> would
>> happen. You ask any Iraqi which was better, life under Hussein or life
>> now.
>> You'll have to wait for them to stop laughing before they can answer you.

> You present some poling that proves that, else I call BS on you.

Oh I am sure Iraqis are just loving their new freedom. Tell me, did any of
them actually ask for our help? Hmmm? Be sure to ask those Iraqi women who
used toy have jobs equal to men but who must now where chadors and submit to
having their clitoris removed with a razor blade.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 1:27 PM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/1/2014 5:10 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 9/1/2014 12:45 PM, Mayo wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess being on the Dole has a diffeernt meaning where you live...
>>>

>> He was the first President of Hawaii after a group of mostly American
>> businessmen overthrew the monarchy. After that he was the first
>> Governor. These days we try not to think about him too much. I'll get a
>> can of Dole pineapple if it's on sale. Mostly I buy Safeway canned
>> pineapple.

> Lol, old grudges die hard eh?

Not really, if a can of Dole sells for a nickle less, I'll buy it!

> I wonder how that deal is going where Larry Ellison bought an entire
> island.

The deal went through just fine. I visited the island on business and
was surprised to find that the locals thought Ellison purchase was not a
bad thing. Odd since it looks like he's going to change everything. He's
going to build another resort hotel and double the population to 6,000
residents. My guess it's going to be a place where the rich and famous
can go without being hassled by the locals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 1:29 PM, Mayo wrote:

> I just think its cool in this day and age for a baked potato to even
> exist at a fast food joint.
>
> They also do a reasonable Asian chicken salad.

I agree on the matter of the potato. I'm lobbying for a McTadder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Hahaha a big Mac eh? Now tell me. Is that really a penance? It would
>>> be for me)
>>>

>> Not much of a penance. OTOH, those 2 all-beef patties give me the
>> creeps cause they don't appear to possess any flavor at all. It's just
>> a blank...

> I've never tried them. I didn't like the look of them.

Not Scottish enough? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 3:21 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> When the mafia (which doesn't exist, got that?) was getting started the cops
> would never pin anything on them. The locals all said "yeah they are bad
> but they spend a lot of money in our neighborgood."

The Yakuza tends to operate in that manner. I think it's great when
organized crime can work with regular folks and the cops.

> ---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/1/2014 3:31 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 9/1/2014 12:45 PM, Mayo wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess being on the Dole has a diffeernt meaning where you live...
>>>

>> He was the first President of Hawaii after a group of mostly American
>> businessmen overthrew the monarchy. After that he was the first Governor.
>> These days we try not to think about him too much. I'll get a can of Dole
>> pineapple if it's on sale. Mostly I buy Safeway canned pineapple.

> We did the same thing in Guatemala, except we used the US military and
> killed thousands of peasants.

The US military does tend to kill a whole shitload of people. The
Hawaiians made out like bandits in that regard.