Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm Tired of Eating

Too much work. Love the taste but dwell on it too much. I've
gained 400 pounds in the last two years. 600 pounds now - but I'm
moving baby, I'm moving, just like Jackie Gleason gliding across the
stage. I realize now how I gained the weight.

It was not a desire for food. It was lack of interest in many
things that brought me to food, the same way a solitary subway
traveler might be brought to a crossword puzzle. It became a habit.

I don't care about losing weight. I don't care if I go over a
thousand pounds. I'd like to break the record. What is the record
anyway? I'll look it up later. What I care about is finding a hobby
or group of them that will allow me to make it through the day without
thinking of eating - so that when I sit down to eat it will be a
magnificent treasure. Or better yet, I want a life so energized and
enthralling that I never think of eating at all. Just give me the
once a day shot and let me go. Let this tiger go. Let him tear the
playground apart.

I'll eat you alive,
TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:18:10 -0800 (PST), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

> Too much work. Love the taste but dwell on it too much. I've
>gained 400 pounds in the last two years. 600 pounds now - but I'm
>moving baby, I'm moving, just like Jackie Gleason gliding across the
>stage. I realize now how I gained the weight.
>
> It was not a desire for food. It was lack of interest in many
>things that brought me to food, the same way a solitary subway
>traveler might be brought to a crossword puzzle. It became a habit.
>
> I don't care about losing weight. I don't care if I go over a
>thousand pounds. I'd like to break the record. What is the record
>anyway? I'll look it up later. What I care about is finding a hobby
>or group of them that will allow me to make it through the day without
>thinking of eating - so that when I sit down to eat it will be a
>magnificent treasure. Or better yet, I want a life so energized and
>enthralling that I never think of eating at all. Just give me the
>once a day shot and let me go. Let this tiger go. Let him tear the
>playground apart.
>
>I'll eat you alive,
>TJ

For you death would be a blessing.
So who feeds your grotesque parasitic ass, you don't work so there is
no way you can maintain 600 pounds with no money.
For you death would be a blessing, a blessing for those of us who
support ourselves. Merry Christmas, LOSER!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf sf is offline

On Dec 24, 6:18*pm, Tommy Joe > wrote:
> * * Too much work. *Love the taste but dwell on it too much. *I've
> gained 400 pounds in the last two years. *600 pounds now - but I'm
> moving baby, I'm moving, just like Jackie Gleason gliding across the
> stage. *I realize now how I gained the weight.
>
> * * *It was not a desire for food. *It was lack of interest in many
> things that brought me to food, the same way a solitary subway
> traveler might be brought to a crossword puzzle. *It became a habit.
>
> * * *I don't care about losing weight. *I don't care if I go over a
> thousand pounds. *I'd like to break the record. *What is the record
> anyway? *I'll look it up later. *What I care about is finding a hobby
> or group of them that will allow me to make it through the day without
> thinking of eating - so that when I sit down to eat it will be a
> magnificent treasure. *Or better yet, I want a life so energized and
> enthralling that I never think of eating at all. *Just give me the
> once a day shot and let me go. *Let this tiger go. *Let him tear the
> playground apart.
>
> I'll eat you alive,
> TJ

The fatter you get, the more lethargic you'll be. Sounds like you
need a job with built in exercise like a UPS/FedX deliveryman or city
postman (the one that walks from house to house).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 24, 6:18*pm, Tommy Joe > wrote:
> * * Too much work. *Love the taste but dwell on it too much. *I've
> gained 400 pounds in the last two years. *600 pounds now - but I'm
> moving baby, I'm moving, just like Jackie Gleason gliding across the
> stage. *I realize now how I gained the weight.
>
> * * *It was not a desire for food. *It was lack of interest in many
> things that brought me to food, the same way a solitary subway
> traveler might be brought to a crossword puzzle. *It became a habit.
>
> * * *I don't care about losing weight. *I don't care if I go over a
> thousand pounds. *I'd like to break the record. *What is the record
> anyway? *I'll look it up later. *What I care about is finding a hobby
> or group of them that will allow me to make it through the day without
> thinking of eating - so that when I sit down to eat it will be a
> magnificent treasure. *Or better yet, I want a life so energized and
> enthralling that I never think of eating at all. *Just give me the
> once a day shot and let me go. *Let this tiger go. *Let him tear the
> playground apart.
>
> I'll eat you alive,
> TJ

Come on over to the Hot Dog and Sloppy Joe club!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Dec 24, 6:18 pm, Tommy Joe > wrote:
>> Too much work. Love the taste but dwell on it too much. I've
>> gained 400 pounds in the last two years. 600 pounds now - but I'm
>> moving baby, I'm moving, just like Jackie Gleason gliding across the
>> stage. I realize now how I gained the weight.
>>
>> It was not a desire for food. It was lack of interest in many
>> things that brought me to food, the same way a solitary subway
>> traveler might be brought to a crossword puzzle. It became a habit.
>>
>> I don't care about losing weight. I don't care if I go over a
>> thousand pounds. I'd like to break the record. What is the record
>> anyway? I'll look it up later. What I care about is finding a hobby
>> or group of them that will allow me to make it through the day
>> without thinking of eating - so that when I sit down to eat it will
>> be a magnificent treasure. Or better yet, I want a life so energized
>> and enthralling that I never think of eating at all. Just give me the
>> once a day shot and let me go. Let this tiger go. Let him tear the
>> playground apart.
>>
>> I'll eat you alive,
>> TJ

> The fatter you get, the more lethargic you'll be. Sounds like you
> need a job with built in exercise like a UPS/FedX deliveryman or city
> postman (the one that walks from house to house).

UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS men
must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Dec 24, 6:18 pm, Tommy Joe > wrote:
>>> Too much work. Love the taste but dwell on it too much. I've
>>> gained 400 pounds in the last two years. 600 pounds now - but I'm
>>> moving baby, I'm moving, just like Jackie Gleason gliding across the
>>> stage. I realize now how I gained the weight.
>>>
>>> It was not a desire for food. It was lack of interest in many
>>> things that brought me to food, the same way a solitary subway
>>> traveler might be brought to a crossword puzzle. It became a habit.
>>>
>>> I don't care about losing weight. I don't care if I go over a
>>> thousand pounds. I'd like to break the record. What is the record
>>> anyway? I'll look it up later. What I care about is finding a hobby
>>> or group of them that will allow me to make it through the day
>>> without thinking of eating - so that when I sit down to eat it will
>>> be a magnificent treasure. Or better yet, I want a life so energized
>>> and enthralling that I never think of eating at all. Just give me the
>>> once a day shot and let me go. Let this tiger go. Let him tear the
>>> playground apart.
>>>
>>> I'll eat you alive,
>>> TJ

>> The fatter you get, the more lethargic you'll be. Sounds like you
>> need a job with built in exercise like a UPS/FedX deliveryman or city
>> postman (the one that walks from house to house).

>UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS men
>must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

I worked for UPS while in college.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote in
:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>sf wrote:

>>> The fatter you get, the more lethargic you'll be. Sounds like you
>>> need a job with built in exercise like a UPS/FedX deliveryman or
>>> city postman (the one that walks from house to house).

>>UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS
>>men must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

> I worked for UPS while in college.

Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.

And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Skydiving: Where immortality is touched through danger,
where life meets death on equal plane;
where man is more than man, and existence both supreme and valueless at the
same instant.

--- Charles A. Lindbergh ---
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 01:56:28 GMT, "I'm Back!!"
> wrote:

>Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote in
:

>> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS
>>>men must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

>> I worked for UPS while in college.
>>

>Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
>If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.
>
>And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

At 600 pounds I doubt he can walk, nor can he drive a cab, he'd not
fit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 01:56:28 GMT, "I'm Back!!"
> wrote:
>

> Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
> If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.
>
> And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

He claimed to be a taxi driver a few weeks ago and you know a 600 lb
person doesn't fit behind the steering wheel. Every time I see a
person at that weight on television, they've been bed ridden for years
because they're so fat they can't move, which would negate all of his
stories about living alone.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>sf wrote:

>>> The fatter you get, the more lethargic you'll be. Sounds like you
>>> need a job with built in exercise like a UPS/FedX deliveryman or city
>>> postman (the one that walks from house to house).

>>UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS men
>>must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

> I worked for UPS while in college.

Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:32:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS men
>>>must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

>> I worked for UPS while in college.

>Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!

I loaded huge semi trailors for UPS, no one saw me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/12/2011 1:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Brooklyn1"<Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> UPS would never hire him. I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS men
>>> must be strikingly handsome. I have never seen one who wasn't.

>> I worked for UPS while in college.

> Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!

Must have altered for the worse very quickly afterwards if that picture
he posted is any guide...

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:37:31 +1100, Krypsis >
wrote:

> On 27/12/2011 1:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Brooklyn1"<Gravesend1> wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"

> >> I worked for UPS while in college.

> > Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!
> >

> Must have altered for the worse very quickly afterwards if that picture
> he posted is any guide...

That was back when the UPS visual standards weren't so strict. Back
when I was dating my husband, one of his friends became a UPS driver -
he wasn't centerfold material either.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 7:56*pm, "I'm Back!!" > wrote:
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote :
>

> > On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >>UPS would never hire him. *I think it is an unwritten law that all UPS
> >>men must be strikingly handsome. *I have never seen one who wasn't.

> > I worked for UPS while in college.

> Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
> If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.
>
> And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

Gee, wow! Even us dumb-****s in Neeeebraska got that shit fingered
out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:32:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> I worked for UPS while in college.

>>Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!

> I loaded huge semi trailors for UPS, no one saw me.

Oh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Krypsis" > wrote in message
> On 27/12/2011 1:32 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Brooklyn1"<Gravesend1> wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:59:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> I worked for UPS while in college.

>> Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!
>>

> Must have altered for the worse very quickly afterwards if that picture he
> posted is any guide...

I must have missed that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 24, 9:56*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> For you death would be a blessing.
> So who feeds your grotesque parasitic ass, you don't work so there is
> no way you can maintain 600 pounds with no money.
> For you death would be a blessing, a blessing for those of us who
> support ourselves. *Merry Christmas, LOSER!

Ah yes, merry christmas indeed. The more I get called LOSER, the
longer I live. I want to live long enough to hear myself called LOSER
at least 10,000 more times before I finally die. Thanks for the
wonderful present Brooklyn1.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 5:20*pm, sf > wrote:

> The fatter you get, the more lethargic you'll be. *Sounds like you
> need a job with built in exercise like a UPS/FedX deliveryman or city
> postman (the one that walks from house to house).

My post was a hoax, by me. I thought it was funny. But it had no
direction, just one thought leading to another. Not only do I not
weight 600 pounds, I openly admit that those who are able to attain
such insane must be incredibly strong people. I should weight about
180, I guess - but I'm around 220. I'm not "the fat guy", but for my
own vanity I'd like to weigh less, though yet not ready to work at
it. Anyway, my post was a joke, but in all truth, any human who winds
up weight let's say double their normal weight - like if your perfect
weight is 160 and you go up to 320 pounds - you have to be pretty
damned strong internally to do that. Same thing applies to junkies
and drunks and so forth whose faces are irreversibly affected by abuse
over the years. They actually wear the label on their face years
after they quit. To go through those kind of changes and come out
alive, a person has to be incredibly strong - which of course doesn't
mean they're using their strength in the best possible way. Or do I
mean weigh?

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 5:27*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> Come on over to the Hot Dog and Sloppy Joe club!!

See you there tomorrow night when they use the crane to pick me
from my bed and lower me out the window into the bed of a large
industrial strength pickup truck waiting below. Shall we say noonish?

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 8:46*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> I worked for UPS while in college.

In my thirties I weighed 160 and worked for a year with two
different high stress and low paying delivery companies in L.A. For
one company I had the downtown route. Unlike UPS and FedEx, we had to
pay our own parking tickets. They gave us tiny cars to drive, the
backs loaded down with milk cartons of mail and so forth we had
arranged earlier that day for delivery. Rush rush rush. I quit the
$5 an hour job and went to the minimum wage job because they had a
friendlier and more appreciative way of doing things. At the second
place - Courrier Express - I drove the trunks that were hauled by
small cars. You know, the box trucks. I drove the larger one. I had
bags of stuff to deliver and none of it was delicate, just a bunch of
letters and so forth. I used to carry them and use them as weights to
do exercises as I worked. On the elevators going up to skyscraper
offices I would put down the stuff I was delivering, then scrunch my
ass up on the elevator rail and raise my legs the whole while, doing
leg lifts on the way up and down. I didn't need any gym, I'll tell
you that. If I was real beat at the end of the day, I might take a
bus home, but many times I'd walk it - about 5 miles.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 8:56*pm, "I'm Back!!" > wrote:

> Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
> If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.
>
> And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

I do not consider myself a troll, but I do admit that to insure
that other people knew I was kidding I should have used 1200 pounds
instead of 600. Yes, I was kidding. I could lose 20 pounds, maybe
more, no doubt, but I'm not a huge fat guy. I eat really well, good
healthy stuff - but I eat enough junk that if I really wanted to lose
weight I could quit that junk and do it. But I wouldn't want to do it
without getting in some kind of shape, and I'm not sure I'm ready just
yet to tackle that, although I'm thinking about it.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 9:07*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> At 600 pounds I doubt he can walk, nor can he drive a cab, he'd not
> fit.

I've seen an awful lot of fat cabbies. Most of them were that way
when they started. Most of them stink. There was one company I drove
for here where they had more than one driver who stunk. But there was
one guy in particular who reeked really bad with his own unique harvey
smell, because his name was Harvey. I'd go in to lease a cab for the
day, living only a block from the company, and they'd only have 2 or 3
left. One might have a headlight our a flat tire, one might have no
heat in the middle of winter - you never knew what you were going to
get - but when you got into a cab that had been driven that day or
even that week by Harvey, you knew that, that's for sure. And even if
you get used to the smell - just from living in it for a 12 hour shift
- it's still there - and every person you pick up thinks it's coming
from you. How does that feel? Give me the bald tires and the missing
headlights, I'll take my chances with that - I just don't want the
harvey car. But now he's dead and the company no longer exists anyway
- but you can bet he's not the only smelly cab driver on earth - or
the only smelly person in any field of endeavor, just as I'm sure
there are plenty of smelly people working in offices or other confined
spaces. My breath might smell from time to time - we have not yet
invented a way to know for sure - but my body is clean as a shower is
a must before driving the cab, even if I'm getting into one previously
driven by someone with a harveyesque odor. I have over the years
however learned to not change pants every day. That's nuts. I've
come home from a long stint in a cab driven previously by an obvious
reeker and taken off my pants and smelled the seat and just about
fainted. So I started wearing a pair just for the cab. The same way
a sewer worker wears his sewer suit, I wear my cab pants.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 9:21*pm, sf > wrote:

> He claimed to be a taxi driver a few weeks ago and you know a 600 lb
> person doesn't fit behind the steering wheel. *Every time I see a
> person at that weight on television, they've been bed ridden for years
> because they're so fat they can't move, which would negate all of his
> stories about living alone.

The truth is all I've got SF. If I post something that is not to
be believed, at that time I will say whether it's true or not. I do
not tell stories or pull pranks that do not resolve themselves in
truth - ever.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 26, 9:32*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Then you must have been very good looking, at least while in college!

Well, the guy is from Brooklyn New York, so I wouldn't expect much
of anything out of the ordinary.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 26/12/2011 9:21 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 01:56:28 GMT, "I'm Back!!"
> > wrote:
>>

>> Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
>> If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.
>>
>> And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

> He claimed to be a taxi driver a few weeks ago and you know a 600 lb
> person doesn't fit behind the steering wheel. Every time I see a
> person at that weight on television, they've been bed ridden for years
> because they're so fat they can't move, which would negate all of his
> stories about living alone.

You have a choice. You can believe a guy who claims to have gained that
much weight in a few short years, or you can believe a guy who really
has let himself go that far..... two to three times fatter than most
people would ever allow themselves to get. He is either a pathetic
troll or really pathetic fat slob. How much more respect would one
deserve over the other?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 23:15:16 -0800 (PST), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>On Dec 26, 8:56*pm, "I'm Back!!" > wrote:
>

>> Methinks "Tommy Joe" is a troll. 600lbs???!!! That's 272kgs+ !!
>> If he's telling the truth, he's a walking dead man.
>>
>> And here I was thinking I was 'big' at 202lbs (92kgs)!!!

> I do not consider myself a troll, but I do admit that to insure
>that other people knew I was kidding I should have used 1200 pounds
>instead of 600. Yes, I was kidding. I could lose 20 pounds, maybe
>more, no doubt, but I'm not a huge fat guy. I eat really well, good
>healthy stuff - but I eat enough junk that if I really wanted to lose
>weight I could quit that junk and do it. But I wouldn't want to do it
>without getting in some kind of shape, and I'm not sure I'm ready just
>yet to tackle that, although I'm thinking about it.

Should be easy for you to lose weight if folks stopped feeding your
ego.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/26/2011 9:24 PM, Tommy Joe wrote:

> I've seen an awful lot of fat cabbies. Most of them were that way
> when they started. Most of them stink. There was one company I drove
> for here where they had more than one driver who stunk. But there was
> one guy in particular who reeked really bad with his own unique harvey
> smell, because his name was Harvey. I'd go in to lease a cab for the
> day, living only a block from the company, and they'd only have 2 or 3
> left. One might have a headlight our a flat tire, one might have no
> heat in the middle of winter - you never knew what you were going to
> get - but when you got into a cab that had been driven that day or
> even that week by Harvey, you knew that, that's for sure. And even if
> you get used to the smell - just from living in it for a 12 hour shift
> - it's still there - and every person you pick up thinks it's coming
> from you. How does that feel? Give me the bald tires and the missing
> headlights, I'll take my chances with that - I just don't want the
> harvey car. But now he's dead and the company no longer exists anyway
> - but you can bet he's not the only smelly cab driver on earth - or
> the only smelly person in any field of endeavor, just as I'm sure
> there are plenty of smelly people working in offices or other confined
> spaces. My breath might smell from time to time - we have not yet
> invented a way to know for sure - but my body is clean as a shower is
> a must before driving the cab, even if I'm getting into one previously
> driven by someone with a harveyesque odor. I have over the years
> however learned to not change pants every day. That's nuts. I've
> come home from a long stint in a cab driven previously by an obvious
> reeker and taken off my pants and smelled the seat and just about
> fainted. So I started wearing a pair just for the cab. The same way
> a sewer worker wears his sewer suit, I wear my cab pants.
>
> TJ

I once worked with a stinky guy. He was from a strange land far away - I
think it was called "Illinois." An anomaly actually - a bad smelling
salesguy. OTOH, he was a pretty good salesguy. OTOH, he stank.

He was also a webmaster, a computer hacker, an instructor in many forms
of martial arts, including grappling (!), and a behavior modification
expert. My guess is that he was padding his resume just a tiny bit. My
boss had lost all sense of smell when he had his nose fixed and while he
was a good looking fella, it would have turned out better for us if he
kept the broken nose and forgot about the smelly salesguy.

As an added bonus, we got to learn strange new phrases and customs from
his homeland. Phrases like "bite me" and "eat me" and customs such as
making disparaging remarks about other people's spouses. Us Asians are
pretty non-confrontational so in the end, this guy, who was the rudest
guy I've ever known, was told off by our secretary/receptionist. She was
an energetic black woman who shaved her head and played the drums in an
ethnic musical group. She just might have been the rudest woman I've
ever known. Funny thing is that I loved her, hated him.

Eventually, he cleaned up his act - literally, and through much effort
on our part, got civilized. It was a wonder to behold. I think it
appropriate during this time of year to remember that miracles do
sometimes happen. Thank you Jesus! :-)

Mele Kalikimaka!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 4:02*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> [...]

> kept the broken nose and forgot about the smelly salesguy.
>
> As an added bonus, we got to learn strange new phrases and customs from
> his homeland. Phrases like "bite me" and "eat me" and customs such as
> making disparaging remarks about other people's spouses. Us Asians are
> pretty non-confrontational so in the end, this guy, who was the rudest
> guy I've ever known, was told off by our secretary/receptionist. She was
> an energetic black woman who shaved her head and played the drums in an
> ethnic musical group. She just might have been the rudest woman I've
> ever known. Funny thing is that I loved her, hated him.
>
> Eventually, he cleaned up his act - literally, and through much effort
> on our part, got civilized. It was a wonder to behold. I think it
> appropriate during this time of year to remember that miracles do

Eat ME.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

yes because you have obviously NOT met the right people from the midwest,
most of the men have a great sense of humor, bath more than simi annually
and keep the same job for a long time...

sorry you got to meet the short end of the gene pool, lol, Lee
"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 12/27/2011 1:35 PM, BillyZoom wrote:
>>>

>> I guess I just assumed the "Rick" part meant you had made a half assed
>> attempt at stalking me.

> Mr Zoom, the joke is supposed to be that you're my ex-coworker - of course
> I know that you're not Rick. It's a simple enough joke for most people to
> understand. My guess is that you guys from the mid-west think "eat me" is
> witty repartee and don't get most jokes. I am sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/27/2011 10:09 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
> yes because you have obviously NOT met the right people from the midwest,
> most of the men have a great sense of humor, bath more than simi annually
> and keep the same job for a long time...
>
> sorry you got to meet the short end of the gene pool, lol, Lee

I was just trying to annoy Mr. Zoom with that blanket statement about
men from the Midwest because, well, I'm a bad person. You, OTOH, seem
to be an earnest person so I'll take your word for it about them having
a sense of humor. I'm guessing you're not serious about the bath part... :-)

> > wrote in message
>> On 12/27/2011 1:35 PM, BillyZoom wrote:
>>>>
>>> I guess I just assumed the "Rick" part meant you had made a half assed
>>> attempt at stalking me.

>> Mr Zoom, the joke is supposed to be that you're my ex-coworker - of course
>> I know that you're not Rick. It's a simple enough joke for most people to
>> understand. My guess is that you guys from the mid-west think "eat me" is
>> witty repartee and don't get most jokes. I am sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

most people in the midwest do bathe on a more regular basis than i might
have indicated, but those who do not make up enough stench for the rest to
hate... I never see the zooms posts, but go haead and be as bad to him as
you want, Lee
"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 12/27/2011 10:09 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> yes because you have obviously NOT met the right people from the midwest,
>> most of the men have a great sense of humor, bath more than simi annually
>> and keep the same job for a long time...
>>
>> sorry you got to meet the short end of the gene pool, lol, Lee

> I was just trying to annoy Mr. Zoom with that blanket statement about men
> from the Midwest because, well, I'm a bad person. You, OTOH, seem to be
> an earnest person so I'll take your word for it about them having a sense
> of humor. I'm guessing you're not serious about the bath part... :-)
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> Mr Zoom, the joke is supposed to be that you're my ex-coworker - of
>>> course
>>> I know that you're not Rick. It's a simple enough joke for most people
>>> understand. My guess is that you guys from the mid-west think "eat me"
>>> is
>>> witty repartee and don't get most jokes. I am sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 10:36*am, Dave Smith > wrote:

> You have a choice. You can believe a guy who claims to have gained that
> much weight in a few short years, or you can believe a guy who really
> has let himself go that far..... two to three times fatter than most
> people would ever allow themselves to get. He is either a pathetic
> troll or really pathetic fat slob. How much more respect would one
> deserve over the other?

When you say to all "You have a choice", that is not true, as in
reality they have more than just one. I do not have to be a pathetic
troll or a really pathetic fat slob - I can be a guy who was trying to
be funny and failed in your eyes. In this case, that seems to be the
case. Not only that, I mentioned in a post after the original that I
was kidding. This place, like a lot of places, needs a bit of humor
now and then. Sorry if I am not the one to provide it to your
satisfaction. If I suck in here, just imagine how bad I'd be on
stage.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 12:10*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> Should be easy for you to lose weight if folks stopped feeding your
> ego.

Again, from your words come the truth, even if unintended. You
have it slightly mixed up though. I would lose more weight (I could
afford to lose 20 or 30 pounds), if more people would feed my ego, as
that would tend to satisfy me without having to raise a spoon or fork
to my mouth repeatedly through the day. I knew my thread title would
lure people in because I knew it was something even the most devoted
food lovers among us would probably at some point considered - that
they are tired of eating and wouldn't it be lovely to just pop a pill
and be done with it. Sure, I love food and don't do a bad job of
slinging it together, or I wouldn't be visiting this group in the
first place. But my fictional story was a fable of sorts - a fable
for fatties - that would tend to show that the more busy and devoted
and active people are in their daily lives, the less inclined they
would be to think of food in a compulsive way. That is all.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 4:02*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> [...]

> kept the broken nose and forgot about the smelly salesguy.
>
> As an added bonus, we got to learn strange new phrases and customs from
> his homeland. Phrases like "bite me" and "eat me" and customs such as
> making disparaging remarks about other people's spouses. Us Asians are
> pretty non-confrontational so in the end, this guy, who was the rudest
> guy I've ever known, was told off by our secretary/receptionist. She was
> an energetic black woman who shaved her head and played the drums in an
> ethnic musical group. She just might have been the rudest woman I've
> ever known. Funny thing is that I loved her, hated him.
>
> Eventually, he cleaned up his act - literally, and through much effort
> on our part, got civilized. It was a wonder to behold. I think it
> appropriate during this time of year to remember that miracles do

Funny post, very enjoyable. I especially liked the way you went
out of your way to paint the entire state of Illinois as a sewer
simply because your stinky co-worker hailed from there. Then we've
got the "energetic black woman" who played in an "ethnic group". I
can see it now - a quintet called The Ethnics made up of one white,
one black, one hispanic, one asian, and one oriental. Pretty soon the
law steps in and orders them to make it an octet because there are
more than 5 ethnicities and to call the group The Ethics would be a
lie.

"Sure, the other 3 guys can't play, but the law made us do it",
TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 6:02*pm, BillyZoom > wrote: To Mele

> > Mele Kalikimaka!

> Eat ME.

You must be from Illinois, talking to Mele that way - shame on
you.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 9:47*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Apparently your post was funny only to you.

Yeah, it's getting to be that way as I get older. Delusional, I
suppose - or maybe I just don't care. Yeah, I write for myself. If I
write something and think it's funny as I'm writing it, sorry, it's
worth it at the time even if you think otherwise. But of course it's
always better when one is able to make someone other than themselves
laugh. I have done that on occasion but I don't bat 1000%. No one
does. Sorry I failed you this time.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 6:22*am, dsi1 > wrote:

> >> Mr Zoom, the joke is supposed to be that you're my ex-coworker - of course
> >> I know that you're not Rick. It's a simple enough joke for most people to
> >> understand. My guess is that you guys from the mid-west think "eat me" is
> >> witty repartee and don't get most jokes. I am sad.

forced to share space with the smelly co worker from Illinois. I
enjoyed it. I sensed it was directed at others beyond myself, and
that is fine with me. I can talk about odor all day. No one likes
really bad smells. But let's admit it, it's all relative. I believe
sincerely that even the foulest of odors has an attraction of some
kind to the nose and the brain that hides behind it. Even the smell
of a dead animal off in the woods somewhere has a certain relaxing,
almost calming effect on the smeller. It's a double dose of a
thrill. First, you get the joy of coming alive with your open
rejection of the odor, as in, 'Holy Christ, what the hell is THAT?" -
while at the same time that you're cringing away from the odor, your
nose is twitching with uncontrollable primal excitement. All odors
are good. Plenty of time for not being able to smell when we're dead
and stinking.

That's what I always say,
TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 29, 7:32*am, Tommy Joe > wrote:

> * *Funny post, very enjoyable. *I especially liked the way you went
> out of your way to paint the entire state of Illinois as a sewer
> simply because your stinky co-worker hailed from there. *Then we've
> got the "energetic black woman" who played in an "ethnic group". *I
> can see it now - a quintet called The Ethnics made up of one white,
> one black, one hispanic, one asian, and one oriental.

Whoops, a bit redundant there with the asian and the oriental.
Whatever, just throw another one in, doesn't matter what it is, as
long as it's truly ethnic.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tommy Joe > wrote in news:2d7ef80c-2ebb-40da-87c5-
:

> On Dec 27, 10:36*am, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> You have a choice. You can believe a guy who claims to have gained that
>> much weight in a few short years, or you can believe a guy who really
>> has let himself go that far..... two to three times fatter than most
>> people would ever allow themselves to get. He is either a pathetic
>> troll or really pathetic fat slob. How much more respect would one
>> deserve over the other?

> When you say to all "You have a choice", that is not true, as in
> reality they have more than just one. I do not have to be a pathetic
> troll or a really pathetic fat slob - I can be a guy who was trying to
> be funny and failed in your eyes. In this case, that seems to be the
> case. Not only that, I mentioned in a post after the original that I
> was kidding. This place, like a lot of places, needs a bit of humor
> now and then. Sorry if I am not the one to provide it to your
> satisfaction. If I suck in here, just imagine how bad I'd be on
> stage.

"Humour" is not gained from lying about a physical disability.

You tell lies about your weight to get people to respond, you are a troll.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Skydiving: Where immortality is touched through danger,
where life meets death on equal plane;
where man is more than man, and existence both supreme and valueless at the
same instant.

--- Charles A. Lindbergh ---
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/29/2011 1:52 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
> most people in the midwest do bathe on a more regular basis than i might
> have indicated, but those who do not make up enough stench for the rest to
> hate... I never see the zooms posts, but go haead and be as bad to him as
> you want, Lee

OK, I will strive to be bad. Sorry to hear of your accident. Those kinds
of things do tend to rearrange your view of things for a while. Take care.