Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oyster sauce substitute?

bolivar wrote:

> "Arri London" > wrote in message
> >

> > bolivar wrote:

> >> LKK is good stuff. But be aware that of the 4 or 5 different
> >> incarnations
> >> of LKK oyster sauce, only the Premium (full color picture of couple in a
> >> boat on label) lists "oyster extract" as the *first* ingredient. That's
> >> the
> >> one you want. Panda and the others I've seen in varioust Asian stores
> >> don't list it first.
> >>
> >> Boli

> > TY but I know that LOL. The Panda brand is for when the income is lower
> >

> Rats!! Sorry, Arri, that was meant for nb, and I see now that I didn't
> "address" him. lol
> I figured you knew that.
>
> Boli

No worries! With an erratic income, some months it's the premium stuff
and other months it's not. Keeps things interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> What would you use in place of oyster sauce, if you didn't have it on
> hand?
> I have soy, teriyaki, ponzu, hoisin.....but no oyster.
>
> It was called for in a Thai sauce for a shrimp dish.

http://www.foodsubs.com/Stock.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 3:40*pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> *She didnt have it though and hasnt replied to the
> thread.
>
> I'm curious what she did?

I just pretended it wasn't in the recipe and the dish was still fine.
I've decided that most recipes can withstand an omission.

Oyster Sauce & Fish Sauce xxtamxx General Cooking 11 09-09-2011 05:23 PM
Beef In Oyster Sauce James Lanka Recipes (moderated) 0 13-12-2008 11:30 PM
recommendation for best Oyster sauce Dee Randall Asian Cooking 9 16-11-2006 11:34 PM
Oyster Sauce Chicken Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-06-2005 12:02 AM
oyster sauce + MSG David Downie Asian Cooking 46 24-02-2005 03:13 AM