Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beanitos not as expensive as you might think

If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.

All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
American taxpayer!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
MikeATX > wrote:

> If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
> to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
> chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
> in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.
>
> All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
> subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
> that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
> take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
> American taxpayer!

Like I said, the health benefits are more important to me. :-)
There is no question that bean chips are better than corn chips, and one
hell of a lot more satisfying so you eat fewer of them!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:05:07 -0700 (PDT), MikeATX wrote:

> If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
> to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
> chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
> in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.
>
> All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
> subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
> that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
> take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
> American taxpayer!

You didn't mention that you are the marketing manager for
Beanitos.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaellarocca

While you may have a point, honesty and straight-forwardness is
the best policy on Usenet. Now I may never try them.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:05:07 -0700 (PDT), MikeATX wrote:
>
> > If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
> > to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
> > chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
> > in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.
> >
> > All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
> > subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
> > that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
> > take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
> > American taxpayer!

> You didn't mention that you are the marketing manager for
> Beanitos.
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaellarocca
>
> While you may have a point, honesty and straight-forwardness is
> the best policy on Usenet. Now I may never try them.

I think a complaint to the FTC is in order.
This appears to be a serious violation of
Section 5 of 15 U.S.C. 45.

http://www.columbia.edu/~mr2651/ecom...tutes/FTCA.pdf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MikeATX" > wrote in message
> If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents.

How much is a serving? Weight/ Chips?

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:05:07 -0700 (PDT), MikeATX wrote:
>
> > If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
> > to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
> > chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
> > in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.
> >
> > All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
> > subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
> > that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
> > take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
> > American taxpayer!

> You didn't mention that you are the marketing manager for
> Beanitos.
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaellarocca
>
> While you may have a point, honesty and straight-forwardness is
> the best policy on Usenet. Now I may never try them.
>
> -sw

Your loss sweetheart... They really are rather good and if they increase
in popularity, the laws of supply and demand might bring the price down.

And for the record, I have no financial interest in them.
Just nutritional interest. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:05:07 -0700 (PDT), MikeATX wrote:
> >
> > > If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
> > > to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
> > > chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
> > > in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.
> > >
> > > All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
> > > subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
> > > that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
> > > take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
> > > American taxpayer!

> > You didn't mention that you are the marketing manager for
> > Beanitos.
> >
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaellarocca
> >
> > While you may have a point, honesty and straight-forwardness is
> > the best policy on Usenet. Now I may never try them.

> I think a complaint to the FTC is in order.
> This appears to be a serious violation of
> Section 5 of 15 U.S.C. 45.
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/~mr2651/ecom...tutes/FTCA.pdf

Oh get over it already! Geeze...
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:48:39 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

> "MikeATX" > wrote in message
>> If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents.

> How much is a serving? Weight/ Chips?

1 oz. A bag is $.3.69/6oz. No junk food (errr... snack) tax in
Texas except for soda.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/6/2010 2:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:05:07 -0700 (PDT), MikeATX wrote:
>
>> If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents. I am willing
>> to spend that to support something other than corn chips. Because corn
>> chips already have the upper hand in the form of 18 billion per year
>> in corn subsidies to the farmers that grow the corn for the chips.
>>
>> All in all we are use to those lower prices for chips because of these
>> subsidies that will run out in 5 years. I say support the companies
>> that are willing to go the extra mile for our health and not have to
>> take handouts from our government which is really our pockets as the
>> American taxpayer!

> You didn't mention that you are the marketing manager for
> Beanitos.
>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaellarocca
>
> While you may have a point, honesty and straight-forwardness is
> the best policy on Usenet. Now I may never try them.
>
> -sw

Of course but marketing guys think they are exempt from ideas like
honesty...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "MikeATX" > wrote in message
> > If you breakdown Beanitos per serving it's only 67 cents.

> How much is a serving? Weight/ Chips?
>
> Dimitri

A bag is 6 oz. A serving size is 1 oz. or approx.10 chips (reading my
bag label out of my bedroom trash bin). And that really is enough and
quite satisfying. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Mark Thorson > wrote:
> >
> > I think a complaint to the FTC is in order.
> > This appears to be a serious violation of
> > Section 5 of 15 U.S.C. 45.
> >
> > http://www.columbia.edu/~mr2651/ecom...tutes/FTCA.pdf

> Oh get over it already! Geeze...

I am over it. The complaint was filed less than five minutes ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > Mark Thorson > wrote:
> > >
> > > I think a complaint to the FTC is in order.
> > > This appears to be a serious violation of
> > > Section 5 of 15 U.S.C. 45.
> > >
> > > http://www.columbia.edu/~mr2651/ecom...tutes/FTCA.pdf

> > Oh get over it already! Geeze...

> I am over it. The complaint was filed less than five minutes ago.

Well, I still plan to continue purchasing Beanitos. They are tasty and
a LOT healthier than corn chips. I'll also continue to share them with
people...
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> In article >,
> Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> Oh get over it already! Geeze...

>> I am over it. The complaint was filed less than five minutes ago.

Oh, great. Now the guy's gonna come to *my* door with a shotgun
for stating your brain fart.

I'll give him Mark's address. Somebody posted it here a while
ago, I just hafta find where I put it now...

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 15:45:49 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

> Well, I still plan to continue purchasing Beanitos. They are tasty and
> a LOT healthier than corn chips.

Huh. Haven't seen those in the chip isle. Seems like something I'd
notice if they were there.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Oh, great. Now the guy's gonna come to *my* door with a shotgun
> for stating your brain fart.
>
> I'll give him Mark's address. Somebody posted it here a while
> ago, I just hafta find where I put it now...
>
> -sw

How is it you're seeing my posts? Didn't you twice
say recently that you killfiled me? Do you also
cheat at hide-and-seek?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:50:17 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Oh, great. Now the guy's gonna come to *my* door with a shotgun
> > for stating your brain fart.
> >
> > I'll give him Mark's address. Somebody posted it here a while
> > ago, I just hafta find where I put it now...
> >
> > -sw

> How is it you're seeing my posts? Didn't you twice
> say recently that you killfiled me? Do you also
> cheat at hide-and-seek?

Clearly, he's a psycho. Why else would he keep *your* address?

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 15:45:49 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> > Well, I still plan to continue purchasing Beanitos. They are tasty and
> > a LOT healthier than corn chips.

> Huh. Haven't seen those in the chip isle. Seems like something I'd
> notice if they were there.

I think they are only in Texas at the moment. It's a new product and I
had to hunt for it. It's next to the Corn chips and not very visible.
They'd likely do better trying them on an end cap.

The guy that takes care of the chip aisle did not even know what they
were or that they carried them. <g> The vendors do most of the stocking.

I caught up with the stock boy later in the store and showed him the
bag. ;-)

I'd heard them advertised on KLBJ Austin radio so I went looking for
them. I really really do like them!
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:25:39 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 15:45:49 -0500, Omelet >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Well, I still plan to continue purchasing Beanitos. They are tasty and
> > > a LOT healthier than corn chips.

> > Huh. Haven't seen those in the chip isle. Seems like something I'd
> > notice if they were there.

> I think they are only in Texas at the moment. It's a new product and I
> had to hunt for it. It's next to the Corn chips and not very visible.
> They'd likely do better trying them on an end cap.
>
> The guy that takes care of the chip aisle did not even know what they
> were or that they carried them. <g> The vendors do most of the stocking.
>
> I caught up with the stock boy later in the store and showed him the
> bag. ;-)
>
> I'd heard them advertised on KLBJ Austin radio so I went looking for
> them. I really really do like them!

TY, I'll keep an eye out for them then.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 15:45:49 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> > Well, I still plan to continue purchasing Beanitos. They are tasty and
> > a LOT healthier than corn chips.

> Huh. Haven't seen those in the chip isle. Seems like something I'd
> notice if they were there.

Maybe you don't live in that part of Texas?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> > I'd heard them advertised on KLBJ Austin radio so I went looking for
> > them. I really really do like them!

> TY, I'll keep an eye out for them then.
>
> --
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Cheers!

I hope you like them as much as I did...
I like chips but tend to avoid them for obvious reasons.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:54:52 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:50:17 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, great. Now the guy's gonna come to *my* door with a shotgun
>>> for stating your brain fart.
>>>
>>> I'll give him Mark's address. Somebody posted it here a while
>>> ago, I just hafta find where I put it now...
>>>
>>> -sw

>> How is it you're seeing my posts? Didn't you twice
>> say recently that you killfiled me? Do you also
>> cheat at hide-and-seek?

Because Om quoted it, dumbass. You'll notice I was piggybacking
off of her posts.

When I reinstalled my newsreader on the 26th, you were the first
one into the killfile, Mark. You lasted a whole 15 minutes, IIRC.

> Clearly, he's a psycho. Why else would he keep *your* address?

Anybody want to buy my yapping, stalking poodle? Only $.10, and
I'll even pay for the shipping to Ethiopia.

I almost hate to give her up. She's got my other crocodile-skin
boot up her ass and I could never wrench it out)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:54:52 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:50:17 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> > wrote:

> >> How is it you're seeing my posts? Didn't you twice
> >> say recently that you killfiled me? Do you also
> >> cheat at hide-and-seek?

> Because Om quoted it, dumbass. You'll notice I was piggybacking
> off of her posts.
>
> When I reinstalled my newsreader on the 26th, you were the first
> one into the killfile, Mark. You lasted a whole 15 minutes, IIRC.
>
> > Clearly, he's a psycho. Why else would he keep *your* address?

> Anybody want to buy my yapping, stalking poodle? Only $.10, and
> I'll even pay for the shipping to Ethiopia.
>
> I almost hate to give her up. She's got my other crocodile-skin
> boot up her ass and I could never wrench it out)
>
> -sw

ROFL... Ok, that was hilarious. ;-D