Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Very expensive vinegar!

I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.
http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
$999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure 'cause
that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that stuff.

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:47:57 -0400,
wrote:

>I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.

http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
>$999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
>Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
>listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
>Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure 'cause
>that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
>Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that stuff.
>
>Ross.

Hi Ross,

What's the beef...?

Right next to that expensive one was another of the same
size, not as old, but for less than $150.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.
> http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
> $999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
> Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
> listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
> Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure 'cause
> that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
> Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that stuff.
>
> Ross.

New one for me...used on ice cream? vinegar on ice cream?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:24:27 -0400, "Peter" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>>I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.
>> http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
>> $999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
>> Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
>> listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
>> Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure 'cause
>> that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
>> Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that stuff.
>>
>> Ross.

>New one for me...used on ice cream? vinegar on ice cream?

Howdy,

Have you tasted 'em?

I ask because these aged balsamics are something way beyond
ordinary vinegar.

Indeed, they are very sweet. (And I have not tasted one of
the super old varieties. I think I topped out at around 20
years.)

I've not tried them on ice cream, but I bet it would be
great.

(I'll also mention a far less expensive taste treat that you
might not have tried. Take a thick slice of Parmigiana
Reggiano and dip it in some good honey. Enjoy...)

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter" > wrote in news:rNudndXV-
:

> > wrote in message
>>I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.

http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
>> $999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
>> Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
>> listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
>> Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure

'cause
>> that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
>> Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that

stuff.

>> Ross.

> New one for me...used on ice cream? vinegar on ice cream?

Try it on cut/sliced strawberries. *Very* nice.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

The path of a warrior never deviating,
one has to become not just a part of nature
but a force of nature,
acting in accordance with the laws of the universe.
(Getsumei No Michi, the Moonlit Path)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in news:6ihh24l3uhj4b8en208ulom7g6i5i9mejd@
4ax.com:

> I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.

http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
> $999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
> Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
> listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
> Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure 'cause
> that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
> Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that stuff.
>
> Ross.

You'll find, if you ever buy one, that it's like honey in consistency.

And very, *very* concentrated. A few drops is all that is needed.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

The path of a warrior never deviating,
one has to become not just a part of nature
but a force of nature,
acting in accordance with the laws of the universe.
(Getsumei No Michi, the Moonlit Path)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kenneth > wrote in message
[snip]
> (I'll also mention a far less expensive taste treat that you
> might not have tried. Take a thick slice of Parmigiana
> Reggiano and dip it in some good honey. Enjoy...)

Oh yeah, man! Not too thick but a nice blueberry/sage honey
with a little wedge of PR is awesome...

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterLucas" > wrote in message
.25...
> "Peter" > wrote in news:rNudndXV-
> :
>

>> > wrote in message
>>>I was just surfing Costco.ca and came upon this balsamic vinegar.

http://tinyurl.com/5tyle2
>>> $999.99 per bottle so I took a look to see how big a bottle.
>>> Wow! A huge 2.39 fl. oz, that's a whole 14 teaspoons. One of the uses
>>> listed is "a teaspoon at the end of a meal to aid digestion".
>>> Your indigestion is most likely caused by the price of the cure

> 'cause
>>> that one little teaspoon you take costs almost 70 bucks.
>>> Even with delivery included in the price, I'll be skipping that

> stuff.
>>>
>>> Ross.

>> New one for me...used on ice cream? vinegar on ice cream?
>>

> Try it on cut/sliced strawberries. *Very* nice.

I can picture that being good and I will try that some time. On soft dairy
(ice cream) seems odd to me. Though some aged cheeses would be good.