mary

Default Is all corn oil the same?

My store is offering corn oil that is a "value brand". Would the corn oil be
any different than Mazolla which is around $1.50 more per bottle. I know
olive oil has different grades.

Thanks

Tom

HiTech RedNeck

"mary" > wrote in message
> My store is offering corn oil that is a "value brand". Would the corn oil

be
> any different than Mazolla which is around $1.50 more per bottle. I know
> olive oil has different grades.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Tom ("Mary"?)

Only answer to that question would be to get some and try it for your
proposed use. When you buy a premium brand like Mazola much of what you are
probably paying for is consistency. It's selected and blended to be the
same color from lot to lot. Generics, they don't care. I've used generic
and store brand corn oils for almost 30 years and never got a bad bottle
yet.

PENMART01

> "HiTech RedNeck"
>
>When you buy a premium brand like Mazola much of what you are
>probably paying for is consistency.

Nope. Corn oil is corn oil, it's a chemical extraction, all produced exactly
the same. Mazzola costs more than some other brands due to advertising expense,
but probably costs the same as Fleischmans, Wesson, Goya brands.... there is
not a whit of product difference between the national name brands and store
brands.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...bl=chem&id=949

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

> "HiTech RedNeck"
>
>When you buy a premium brand like Mazola much of what you are
>probably paying for is consistency.

Nope. Corn oil is corn oil, it's a chemical extraction, all produced exactly
the same. Mazzola costs more than some other brands due to advertising expense,
but probably costs the same as Fleischmans, Wesson, Goya brands.... there is
not a whit of product difference between the national name brands and store
brands.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...bl=chem&id=949

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
HiTech RedNeck

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> > "HiTech RedNeck"
> >
> >When you buy a premium brand like Mazola much of what you are
> >probably paying for is consistency.

> Nope. Corn oil is corn oil, it's a chemical extraction, all produced

exactly
> the same. Mazzola costs more than some other brands due to advertising

expense,
> but probably costs the same as Fleischmans, Wesson, Goya brands.... there

is
> not a whit of product difference between the national name brands and

store
> brands.

Well OK, corn oil is used in hand lotion, what does that prove.

I have never seen a Fleischmann's corn oil per se, but have seen
Fleischmann's corn oil MARGARINE.

Go to the grocery, look at various different branded bottles of corn oil
held side by side. They are all generally a golden shade, but the colors
will differ from brand to brand. This makes sense because the colors come
from the natural coloration of the corn which varies from white to a deep
yellow.

Mazola is image conscious; it does not want different bottles of Mazola on
the same shelf that look different colors. Any more than Coke or Pepsi
coming in varying shades of brown.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...bl=chem&id=949

HiTech RedNeck