Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A bacon alarm clock!

Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.

http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Tracy wrote:

> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>
> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
>
> -Tracy

Now that's pretty inventive Cute, too!

Sky, who often cooks a lot of bacon

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>
> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

"HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night
before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is
set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the
alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to
generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal
is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal
to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that
slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes."

This would not meet USDA approval. A strip of bacon would thaw
out and come to room temp within an hour, leaving the bacon in the
danger zone for about 6-7 hours.

Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
food-safe.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 9, 1:34*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
> > Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.

> >http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

> "HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night
> before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is
> set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the
> alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to
> generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal
> is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal
> to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that
> slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes."
>
> This would not meet USDA approval. *A strip of bacon would thaw
> out and come to room temp within an hour, leaving the bacon in the
> danger zone for about 6-7 hours.
>
> Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
> food-safe.
>
> -sw

Plus, it needs more time to cook. I wouldn't ever eat bacon that
looks half uncooked.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Tracy wrote:
>> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>>
>> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

<snip>

> This would not meet USDA approval. A strip of bacon would thaw
> out and come to room temp within an hour, leaving the bacon in the
> danger zone for about 6-7 hours.
>
> Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
> food-safe.

I don't know much about USDA approval, but that's pretty much what I
thought when modom posted the same link back in June this year. I don't
think it would be 'safe to eat' either...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

There is no such thing as a little garlic. ~A. Baer

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 9, 1:59 pm, Tracy > wrote:
> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>
> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
>
> -Tracy

Great Xmas gift for those Weight Watcher types on yer list.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Tracy wrote:
>> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>>
>> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

> This would not meet USDA approval. A strip of bacon would thaw out and
> come to room temp within an hour, leaving the bacon in the danger zone for
> about 6-7 hours.
>
> Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
> food-safe.
>
> -sw

Bacon is cured. Bacon existed long before refrigeration.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>
>> Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
>> food-safe.

> Bacon is cured. Bacon existed long before refrigeration.

But the mass-produced supermarket bacon is not cured sufficiently
to where it needs no refrigeration. I can buy a Smithfield slab
bacon that's dry-cured and doesn't require a fridge, but that's
not typical bacon these days.

OTOH, I personally would have no problem cooking and eating bacon
that had been at room temp for 8-12 hours.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 9, 1:59*pm, Tracy > wrote:
> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>
> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
>
> -Tracy

Looks like someone saw the episode of The Office where Michael burned
his foot!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
>>
>> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.
>>
>> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
>>
>> -Tracy

> Now that's pretty inventive Cute, too!
>
> Sky, who often cooks a lot of bacon

Health concerns aside, it doesn't make NEARLY enough bacon!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.

Whaddaya mean... doncha wear lipstick?

> http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
>
> -Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Tracy wrote:
> > Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.

> >http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

> "HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night
> before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is
> set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the
> alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to
> generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal
> is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal
> to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that
> slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes."
>
> This would not meet USDA approval. �A strip of bacon would thaw
> out and come to room temp within an hour, leaving the bacon in the
> danger zone for about 6-7 hours.
>
> Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
> food-safe.
>
> -sw

I don't think that one stinkin' rasher of bacon is meant to be eaten,
it's for the aroma effect... that clock would work just as well with a
pinch of bacon bits.

Sqwertz' alarm clock is probably a big shiny tube of revlon hooker red
that sounds off with a loud squealing oink!

Hey, when Obama puts lipstick on a ghetto ho what has he got...

-

--

---

Michelle! <G>

I love watching Obama struggiling to escape his own woids like a
greased pig... Obama's selective stupidity just doesn't cut the
mustard. There's not a soul in the western world who doesn't know
that when a female is refered to in any way, shape, or form and under
any circumstances whatsoever as a pig she's being called a ho.

Obama is a twitching imbecile, can't hardly speak without he's reading
a script... let him keep jabbering, he's hanging himself, now he
thinks he's doing stand up ast the improv, big Howdy Doofus jerk is
just a manufactured sock puppet... even Bush has a better gift of the
gab, much better. And Bush can speak fluent Spanish, all Obama speaks
is ebonics, with a stutter. <G>

Obama didn't make that pig comment on purpose, he's much too stupid...
that was a freudian slip that just ooozed out of his smarmy mouth for
how he thinks of all females... wait'll his two little piglets grow up
and hear their daddy's remark... the kids in school (boys and girls)
will be slipping tubes of red tinted lard into their book bags.

Bubba is much smarter about women (even though he screws them left
right and center), he coulda easily pulled off Whaddaya get when you
put lipstick on a shark... Hillary! and everyone would laugh and move
on. And Hillary and all the female lawyers would have appreciated the
compliment. Obama obviously doesn't know his metaphors... the look on
his face immediately after he made that pig gaffe was exactly the look
on the face of a five year old Obama in the kitchen trying to deny
getting into the donuts and there he be in front of his mammy with his
big purple lips slathered white with powdered sugar. Obama didn't
make that misogynistic gaffe on purpose, it's just how he deep down
inside thinks of all women. He will never get past this, it will
haunt him till his dying day.

I'm very ascared of Obama for foreign diplomacy, he can't think on his
feet... everytime he wanders from his written text he takes it up his
lipsticked ass. He's a true doofus, has no common sense at all,
actually he's proficient at nothing, he reads writing pretty good is
all... and he can preach some, wonder who he emulates.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 9, 3:25�pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> > Tracy wrote:
> >> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.

> >>http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

> > This would not meet USDA approval. �A strip of bacon would thaw out and
> > come to room temp within an hour, leaving the bacon in the danger zone for
> > about 6-7 hours.

> > Looks like they're going to have to rethink it's design to be more
> > food-safe.

> > -sw

> Bacon is cured. �Bacon existed long before refrigeration.

That's a different kind of process, you know that. The kind of bacon
that needs no refrigeration is made like beef jerky, commonly called
rind bacon, it's hard and needs to be rehydrated... today it's sold as
dog treats. The type of bacon people are familiar with today is
highly perishable, it's not printed on the package with Keep
Refrigerated for no reason.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in news:II-
:

> Sky wrote:
>> Tracy wrote:
>>>
>>> Really. This is cool. Too bad no bacon in my house.

http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

>>> -Tracy

>> Now that's pretty inventive Cute, too!
>>
>> Sky, who often cooks a lot of bacon

> Health concerns aside, it doesn't make NEARLY enough bacon!
>
> Jill

wood, bacon fat, heat source, and sleeping person close...not a winning
combo. Can you say long pig from the house fire? I knew you could.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Hey, when Obama puts lipstick on a ghetto ho what has he got...

Your mother?

Alarm Clock brooklyn1 General Cooking 93 11-06-2010 12:58 AM
bacon alarm modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 4 06-08-2008 12:10 PM
Thermador oven as alarm clock ... Bert Hyman Cooking Equipment 0 30-07-2008 04:19 PM
REAL Canadian Bacon - Back Bacon - Peameal Bacon Online. [email protected] General Cooking 1 15-09-2007 04:41 PM
a bacon butty a bacon sarnie or The Ultimate Bacon Sandwich phillip.skinner General Cooking 38 14-08-2006 11:01 AM