Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OffTOpic: Susan Hattie Steinsaper

No comment necessary, least of all from me.

A-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:42:32 -0600, arthur alexander wrote:
>
> > No comment necessary, least of all from me.

> Are you done name-dropping and reminiscing, or is this going to
> be a daily nuisance?
>
> -sw
> --
> The original Coca-Cola bottle was fashioned after a kola nut.

No, it wasn't. It's modeled on the cacao pod (called
cocoa pod in the reference linked below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Co...nd_logo_design
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"arthur alexander" > wrote

> No comment necessary, least of all from me.

But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

nancy (nice to see you, art)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "arthur alexander" > wrote
>
> > No comment necessary, least of all from me.

> But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

It went into the same account with all the
GIrl Scout graft money. Best not to
ask questions about that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> "arthur alexander" > wrote
>>
>> > No comment necessary, least of all from me.

>> But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

> It went into the same account with all the
> GIrl Scout graft money. Best not to
> ask questions about that.

Dang. But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
arthur alexander > wrote:

> No comment necessary, least of all from me.

Indeed.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:09:08 +1300, Miche >
wrote:

>In article >,
> arthur alexander > wrote:
>
>> No comment necessary, least of all from me.

>Indeed.
>
>Miche

I got my first flaming from her.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> >>
> >> "arthur alexander" > wrote

> >> But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

> > It went into the same account with all the
> > Girl Scout graft money. Best not to
> > ask questions about that.

> Dang. But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!

I'd like to tell you the whole thing,
but the Campfire Girls have interests in this area,
if you know what I mean.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:09:08 +1300, Miche >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > arthur alexander > wrote:
> >
> >> No comment necessary, least of all from me.

> >Indeed.
> >
> >Miche

> I got my first flaming from her.
>
> Christine

Well-deserved?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Dang. But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!

> I'd like to tell you the whole thing,
> but the Campfire Girls have interests in this area,
> if you know what I mean.

I don't. But I did get a laugh anyway ... I ran outside to see the
eclipse, got a great view of it but it is freezing cold outside. Just
what I need to help my coughing. Long story short, came inside
to warm up only to find I can see the eclipse just fine through the
skylights from inside the warm house.

So we turned out the light and are watching when I hear MEOW
and the cat is staring up at the ceiling, essentially saying WHAT ARE
YOU LOOKING AT?? Cracked me up.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:21:23 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>> I got my first flaming from her.
>>
>> Christine

>Well-deserved?

Well..I had a good backup...Anne Bourget stood up for me.. Can't get
much better than that!!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> I don't. But I did get a laugh anyway ... I ran outside to see the
> eclipse, got a great view of it but it is freezing cold outside. Just
> what I need to help my coughing. Long story short, came inside
> to warm up only to find I can see the eclipse just fine through the
> skylights from inside the warm house.

The eclipse was cool. My hubby took some good video of it, including a plane
flying right in front of the moon when the eclipse was halfway done.

> So we turned out the light and are watching when I hear MEOW
> and the cat is staring up at the ceiling, essentially saying WHAT ARE
> YOU LOOKING AT?? Cracked me up.

LOL. Too funny.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:09:08 +1300, Miche >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > arthur alexander > wrote:
> >
> >> No comment necessary, least of all from me.

> >Indeed.

> I got my first flaming from her.

Can't remember who I got my first flaming from.

Miche (old-timer)

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >,
> Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:09:08 +1300, Miche >
>> wrote:

>>> Indeed.

>> I got my first flaming from her.

> Can't remember who I got my first flaming from.
>
> Miche (old-timer)

Mine was from Melinda Shore, I think. Google Groups may know:

Nope. It was Gwendolyn Dean, and now that I read it, it was just a
backhanded compliment, not exactly a flame.

So it was probably J*mb*t, then.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MareCat" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Long story short, came inside
>> to warm up only to find I can see the eclipse just fine through the
>> skylights from inside the warm house.

> The eclipse was cool. My hubby took some good video of it, including a
> plane flying right in front of the moon when the eclipse was halfway done.

Cool, maybe he could put it up on youtube or something.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene > wrote:

> Miche wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Christine Dabney > wrote:

> >> I got my first flaming from her.

> > Can't remember who I got my first flaming from.

> Mine was from Melinda Shore, I think. Google Groups may know:
>
> Nope. It was Gwendolyn Dean, and now that I read it, it was just a
> backhanded compliment, not exactly a flame.
>
> So it was probably J*mb*t, then.

Heheh, I'd have been more concerned if you hadn't been flamed by that
l00n.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:38:05 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:42:32 -0600, arthur alexander wrote:
>>
>> > No comment necessary, least of all from me.

>> Are you done name-dropping and reminiscing, or is this going to
>> be a daily nuisance?

>At least three times a day. She was quite a woman, although I never met
>her.

Oh, good grief. I don't even like the sounds of her "signature" *goat
cheese torte. Ugh. Why don't all the people who are so boohoo over
these missing people take it to email and have a love-fest reminiscing
with each other? Personally, I'd rather deal with the here and now.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Sqwertz > said:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:42:32 -0600, arthur alexander wrote:
>
> > No comment necessary, least of all from me.

> Are you done name-dropping and reminiscing, or is this going to
> be a daily nuisance?

I had the same thought myself.

ObFood - DH is finally going to play with the NuWave cooker thingy we
got for Christmas. He asked me to pick up a chicken, some spuds, and
green peppers. This could be interesting...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> >>
> >> "arthur alexander" > wrote

> >> But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

> > It went into the same account with all the
> > GIrl Scout graft money. Best not to
> > ask questions about that.

> Dang. But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!

I'm storyless this morning Nancy, but I'll send you a virtual bowl of
chicken soup to make you feel better... :-)

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(Little Malice) wrote in news:fpk8jb$4m18q_006
@news.avvanta.com:

> One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:

>> > It went into the same account with all the
>> > GIrl Scout graft money. Best not to
>> > ask questions about that.

>> Dang. But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!

> I'm storyless this morning Nancy, but I'll send you a virtual bowl of
> chicken soup to make you feel better... :-)

This story is true alas the cat now has passed and only the command words
I made up at that time and now have forgotten are the only invented part.

Be and my ex were down at my mom's cottage at the beach...A guy we knew
from high school was on the beach and recognized us...We felt impelled to
invite him up to the cottage for coffee. So he's talking about his great
danes a whole bunch. So I starts a Bullshit story about our cat. How it's
very smart and been attack trained . I tells him upon saying a certain
word my cat would assume gaurd mode. I looking around says to him the
word is Magoo, No sooner than the words leaving my mouth the cat runs
into the room jumps up on the coffee table...staring at this guy. So the
cat is holding her end of the BS story together. I say the release word
is MISSISSIPPI an the cat gets up and leaves. I swear this is a true
story...and my cat can BS with the best of them.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:08:56 -0800, sf wrote:

>Oh, good grief. I don't even like the sounds of her "signature" *goat
>cheese torte. Ugh. Why don't all the people who are so boohoo over
>these missing people take it to email and have a love-fest reminiscing
>with each other? Personally, I'd rather deal with the here and now.

Hey, just filter it out...like you suggest the rest of us do that
complain about all the OT posts..

Susan was a vital, active part of rfc when I first started here. She
contributed a lot of wonderful recipes of which her goat cheese torta
was only one. I found some wonderful olive oil based on the
recommendation of what she posted here in rfc, She was a font of
information about great food shopping, at least in Sacramento where
she lived.

Yes it was in the past, but it is part of the foundation of rfc and a
lot of us have great memories of her and others long gone. I
personally don't want to forget those memories.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote

> One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:

>> Dang. But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!

> I'm storyless this morning Nancy, but I'll send you a virtual bowl of
> chicken soup to make you feel better... :-)

Oh, thanks! (laugh) Chicken soup is perfect right about now.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 20, 8:56�pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "Mark Thorson" > wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >> "arthur alexander" > wrote

> >> But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

> > It went into the same account with all the
> > GIrl Scout graft money. �Best not to
> > ask questions about that.

> Dang. �But ... I'm sick and I need for someone to tell me a story!
>
> nancy

I wish Buffy and her friend and her little dog would post, I like
their stories and that would make you feel better I bet!!

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Both our links do indeed suggest that the kola/cola nut was the
> _inspiration_ for the original design :-P I'll change the
> wording of my cite to say "inspired by".

Who remembers "uncola nuts"?

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "MareCat" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Long story short, came inside
>>> to warm up only to find I can see the eclipse just fine through the
>>> skylights from inside the warm house.

>> The eclipse was cool. My hubby took some good video of it, including a
>> plane flying right in front of the moon when the eclipse was halfway done.

> Cool, maybe he could put it up on youtube or something.
>
> nancy

Yeah, so that those of us who were socked in by
clouds can see it.

:-(

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "MareCat" > wrote
>>
>>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> The eclipse was cool. My hubby took some good video of it, including a
>>> plane flying right in front of the moon when the eclipse was halfway
>>> done.

>> Cool, maybe he could put it up on youtube or something.

> Yeah, so that those of us who were socked in by
> clouds can see it.

Oh, it never fails to be cloudy here when there is something
like this. I was so excited when I peeked out the window and
saw stars.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Puester" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> "MareCat" > wrote

>>> Cool, maybe he could put it up on youtube or something.

>> Yeah, so that those of us who were socked in by
>> clouds can see it.

> Oh, it never fails to be cloudy here when there is something
> like this. I was so excited when I peeked out the window and
> saw stars.

Same here. It's almost always cloudy wherever we live when something like
this is scheduled to happen. It was pretty clear here last night, though,
and we had a great view of the moon. So cool to watch it gradually turn red
like that. We even let our 5 yo daughter (who's into astronomy) stay up a
bit later than her usual bedtime so she could see it also.

I'll have to get DH to download the video clips and put them on YouTube.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:56:25 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> "arthur alexander" > wrote
>>
>> > No comment necessary, least of all from me.

>> But ... I never heard what happened to the tshirt money ...

>It went into the same account with all the
>GIrl Scout graft money. Best not to
>ask questions about that.

there's nothing worse than being kneecapped by a girl scout. it's
embarrassing.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "MareCat" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Long story short, came inside
>>> to warm up only to find I can see the eclipse just fine through the
>>> skylights from inside the warm house.

>> The eclipse was cool. My hubby took some good video of it, including a
>> plane flying right in front of the moon when the eclipse was halfway done.

> Cool, maybe he could put it up on youtube or something.
>
> nancy

You find all kinds of stuff on You Tube.

Here in Shreveport, a woman was arrested for a DWI, and during the
course of her "interrogation", she ended up with 2 black eyes, a broken
nose, broken cheek bone, broken ribs and a couple of her teeth were
missing. It is amazing how a handcuffed woman can hurt herself like
that. ;-)

Part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=97mytik3-Jo

Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=juL9xaFpvnw

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

> Here in Shreveport, a woman was arrested for a DWI, and during the course
> of her "interrogation", she ended up with 2 black eyes, a broken nose,
> broken cheek bone, broken ribs and a couple of her teeth were missing. It
> is amazing how a handcuffed woman can hurt herself like that. ;-)

I'm afraid to look, is that the woman where the cop decided to
turn off the camera and when he turned it back on, she was in
a pool of blood? Yikes.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Christine Dabney > said:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:08:29 +1300, Miche >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > (Little Malice) wrote:

> >> I had the same thought myself.

> >I'm confused -- is anything forcing you guys to read these threads?
> >
> >Miche

> Yeah, I'm rather confused myself.
>
> Seems like if it is anything else that is OT or whatever that some of
> these folks say to just filter or KF the threads instead of
> complaining about them. Which I certainly do myself: I kf those
> threads.
>
> But, as I mentioned before, Susan was an active poster that
> contributed a lot to rfc when she was here. And some of us do
> remember her contributions and her spirit and don't want to forget
> that.
>
> So folks, follow your own advice...

But I didn't want to skip the thread. I was interested -- I
thought Art might actually have something to say about Susan.
Instead we get:

"No comment necessary, least of all from me."

Sorry, but that's not remembering "her contributions and her
spirit", that's "look at me, I remember an old timer"...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:22:23 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:08:29 +1300, Miche >
>wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> (Little Malice) wrote:

>>> I had the same thought myself.

>>I'm confused -- is anything forcing you guys to read these threads?
>>
>>Miche

>Yeah, I'm rather confused myself.
>
>Seems like if it is anything else that is OT or whatever that some of
>these folks say to just filter or KF the threads instead of
>complaining about them. Which I certainly do myself: I kf those
>threads.
>
>But, as I mentioned before, Susan was an active poster that
>contributed a lot to rfc when she was here. And some of us do
>remember her contributions and her spirit and don't want to forget
>that.
>
>So folks, follow your own advice...
>
>Christine

I believe that Susan was a little before my time, but judging by the
people who hold her in high esteem I wish I had been here to read her.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:15:33 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>I believe that Susan was a little before my time, but judging by the
>people who hold her in high esteem I wish I had been here to read her.

Here is a link to the page on Mimi Hiller's website..with tributes to
Susan..updates from when she had her heart transplant, links to her
recipes, etc...
http://www.mimimart.com/susan/

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Here in Shreveport, a woman was arrested for a DWI, and during the course
>> of her "interrogation", she ended up with 2 black eyes, a broken nose,
>> broken cheek bone, broken ribs and a couple of her teeth were missing. It
>> is amazing how a handcuffed woman can hurt herself like that. ;-)

> I'm afraid to look, is that the woman where the cop decided to
> turn off the camera and when he turned it back on, she was in
> a pool of blood? Yikes.
>
> nancy

Yes, that is the same woman. Her photo was in the local paper here in
Shreveport, she looked pretty bad. This encourages me to obey the speed
limit.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "Becca" > wrote
>>
>>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Here in Shreveport, a woman was arrested for a DWI, and during the
>>> course of her "interrogation", she ended up with 2 black eyes, a broken
>>> nose, broken cheek bone, broken ribs and a couple of her teeth were
>>> missing. It is amazing how a handcuffed woman can hurt herself like
>>> that. ;-)

>> I'm afraid to look, is that the woman where the cop decided to
>> turn off the camera and when he turned it back on, she was in
>> a pool of blood? Yikes.

> Yes, that is the same woman. Her photo was in the local paper here in
> Shreveport, she looked pretty bad. This encourages me to obey the speed
> limit.

I saw that picture, too. She was in handcuffs, I guess that's how she
wound up hitting her face over and over.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:01:54 GMT, Janet Baraclough
> wrote:

>The message >
>from "l, not -l" > contains these words:
>
>> I'm 99.44% sure Sheldon was the first to flame me; however, it was so long
>> ago, I don't recall if it was on this NG or on alt.collecting.pens-pencils

> I can't bear to think of my Sheldon over there on
>alt.collecting.pens-and-pencils.
>
> Pass the smelling salts.

There is a *real* ng called alt.collecting.pens-and-pencils? How
funny! Ha ha funny, that is.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first