Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight ..

Simple and good.

Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar sauce,
crispy baked russets with butter.

Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and kiwi
for dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Simple and good.
>
> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar sauce,
> crispy baked russets with butter.
>
> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and kiwi
> for dessert.

sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
not picked one out yet.
Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:
> On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> Simple and good.
>>
>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar sauce,
>> crispy baked russets with butter.
>>
>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and kiwi
>> for dessert.

> sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
> not picked one out yet.

We have tuna cubes. I'm going to make shishkabobs out of them, with
zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and lemon wedges (and a few without the
tuna for me -- I'm not that fond of fish in general). Alongside
that, I'll serve a wheatberry pilaf with butter, lemon, and parsley.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in :

> Simple and good.
>
> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>
> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
> kiwi for dessert.

What was the Kiwis' name?? ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie > wrote in
ups.com:

> On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> Simple and good.
>>
>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>>
>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>> kiwi for dessert.

> sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
> not picked one out yet.
> Rosie

Dinner last night was pan fried Pearl Perch fillets (with a hint of cajun
rub on them) fried in a bit of O/O and a dab of butter, then 1/2 a lemon
squeezed over while cooking, then served with the 'sauce' poured on the
top........ along with some crumbed prawns and a crisp mescalun and rocket
salad.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene-y the Meanie wrote:

> We have tuna cubes. I'm going to make shishkabobs out of them, with
> zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and lemon wedges

Oh, and bell pepper, japanese eggplant, and wheels of fresh corn on
the cob.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in news:46255204$0$24663
:

> cybercat wrote:
>> Simple and good.
>>
>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>>
>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>> kiwi for dessert.

> That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on the
> chicken?
>
> kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.

Tinned tuna??? (BLEEEECH!!!!)

Now if it was fresh tuna, seared on both sides so that the fillet is just
warmed thru but rare in the middle, then thinly sliced and drizzled with
soy sauce........ Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> Simple and good.
>>
>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>>
>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>> kiwi for dessert.

> That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on the
> chicken?

No coating! I just put it on a rack at 450 for ten minutes, add some water
to the baking pan to keep the drippings from burning, then bake another
35 minutes at 400, and the skin is brown and crispy and not greasy at
all, the chicken juicy and perfect. These chicken breasts, on sale (!)
tasted so fresh. I find the best way to get the skin nice and crispy is
to put nothing on it at all except a little salt an pepper. (And I crushed
a little bit of rosemary and place it under the skin of each breast.)
I made gravy too! Quite thin but very roasted brown and good.

I like tuna melts too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene-y the Meanie" > wrote in message
> rosie wrote:
>> On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>> Simple and good.
>>>
>>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>>> sauce,
>>> crispy baked russets with butter.
>>>
>>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>>> kiwi
>>> for dessert.

>> sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
>> not picked one out yet.

> We have tuna cubes. I'm going to make shishkabobs out of them, with
> zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and lemon wedges (and a few without the tuna
> for me -- I'm not that fond of fish in general). Alongside that, I'll
> serve a wheatberry pilaf with butter, lemon, and parsley.

Yum. You're a very good cook.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> Simple and good.
>>
>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar sauce,
>> crispy baked russets with butter.
>>
>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and kiwi
>> for dessert.

> sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
> not picked one out yet.
> Rosie

They are excellent for portion control! I like the sesame chicken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:02:00 -0500, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.

That's what we had last night. I'm painting the kitchen so making a
mess in the kitchen is not an option. The solid albacore from costco
is pretty good. To me it's comfort food.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> Simple and good.
>
> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>
> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
> kiwi for dessert.

That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on the
chicken?

kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in
> news:46255204$0$24663 :
>
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> Simple and good.
>>>
>>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>>> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>>>
>>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>>> kiwi for dessert.

>> That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on the
>> chicken?
>>
>> kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.
>>

> Tinned tuna??? (BLEEEECH!!!!)
>
> Now if it was fresh tuna, seared on both sides so that the fillet is
> just warmed thru but rare in the middle, then thinly sliced and
> drizzled with soy sauce........
> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Yeah, well, We're on a strict budget these days.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> Simple and good.
>>>
>>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>>> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>>>
>>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>>> kiwi for dessert.

>> That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on the
>> chicken?
>>

> No coating! I just put it on a rack at 450 for ten minutes, add some
> water to the baking pan to keep the drippings from burning, then bake
> another 35 minutes at 400, and the skin is brown and crispy and not
> greasy at all, the chicken juicy and perfect. These chicken breasts,
> on sale (!) tasted so fresh. I find the best way to get the skin nice
> and crispy is to put nothing on it at all except a little salt an
> pepper. (And I crushed a little bit of rosemary and place it under
> the skin of each breast.)
> I made gravy too! Quite thin but very roasted brown and good.
>
> I like tuna melts too!

Sounds good to me! I guess I missed dinner. :-(

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:02:00 -0500, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.

> That's what we had last night. I'm painting the kitchen so making a
> mess in the kitchen is not an option. The solid albacore from costco
> is pretty good. To me it's comfort food.
>
> Lou

Yeah, I made mine with albacore, too. I think it was Starkist. It wasn't
bad, but I stuffed it too much; I could only eat half. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in news:46256ff3$0$9959
:

> PeterLucas wrote:
>> "kilikini" > wrote in
>> news:46255204$0$24663 :

and

>>> That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on

the
>>> chicken?
>>>
>>> kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.
>>>

>> Tinned tuna??? (BLEEEECH!!!!)
>>
>> Now if it was fresh tuna, seared on both sides so that the fillet is
>> just warmed thru but rare in the middle, then thinly sliced and
>> drizzled with soy sauce........
>> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

> Yeah, well, We're on a strict budget these days.

Bugger :-(

That can put a dent in anyones culinary delights.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> Simple and good.
>
> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar sauce,
> crispy baked russets with butter.
>
> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and kiwi
> for dessert.

Brought to work for lunch:

Chicken leg quarter poached in chicken stock with cinnamon, star anise, soy
sauce, garlic and ginger. Cellophane noodles and raw spinach thrown in just
before removing from heat.

Chocolate-enrobed blood-orange cheesecake for dessert.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Apr 2007 22:01:06 -0500, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Brought to work for lunch:

>Chocolate-enrobed blood-orange cheesecake for dessert.
>
>Bob

Now THAT sounds great. Recipe please?????

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Christine Dabney wrote:

>> >Chocolate-enrobed blood-orange cheesecake for dessert.

> >Bob

> Now THAT sounds great. Recipe please?????

I don't think we will see a recipe on that anytime soon. It was made
for us by his Best Man that also staged, cooked for and hosted our
reception dinner. He is keeping the recipe a secret for awhile.

But, it was excellent .... I have never had anything like it. Found
out today that we were supposed to save that particular layer for our
first anniversary! OOOPS!

Bob is finishing it without me ... I'm back in Oklahoma doing the last
of my packing and working the final two weeks at my job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Apr 2007 20:22:07 -0700, Lin > wrote:

>> >Bob

>> Now THAT sounds great. Recipe please?????

>I don't think we will see a recipe on that anytime soon. It was made
>for us by his Best Man that also staged, cooked for and hosted our
>reception dinner. He is keeping the recipe a secret for awhile.

Can you entice him to share?

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Christine Dabney queried:

> He is keeping the recipe a secret for awhile.
>
> Can you entice him to share?

All I can do is ask! He might find it quite flattering if I tell him
that a whole NG wants it!

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene-y the Meanie wrote:
> rosie wrote:
>> On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>> Simple and good.
>>>
>>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>>> sauce,
>>> crispy baked russets with butter.
>>>
>>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>>> kiwi
>>> for dessert.

>> sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
>> not picked one out yet.

> We have tuna cubes. I'm going to make shishkabobs out of them, with
> zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and lemon wedges (and a few without the tuna
> for me -- I'm not that fond of fish in general). Alongside that, I'll
> serve a wheatberry pilaf with butter, lemon, and parsley.
>
> Serene

That sounds so good!

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "rosie" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On Apr 17, 5:45?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>> Simple and good.
>>>
>>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar sauce,
>>> crispy baked russets with butter.
>>>
>>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and kiwi
>>> for dessert.

>> sounds better than my dinner, by far, I am having a Lean Cuisine, have
>> not picked one out yet.
>> Rosie
>>

> They are excellent for portion control! I like the sesame chicken.

That's why I hate them! I'm always hungry after.

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in news:46255204$0$24663
> :
>
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> Simple and good.
>>>
>>> Crispy-baked chicken breasts, fresh broccoli with homemade cheddar
>>> sauce, crispy baked russets with butter.
>>>
>>> Vanilla pudding topped with raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and
>>> kiwi for dessert.

>> That is simple and good. What kind of coating are you putting on the
>> chicken?
>>
>> kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.
>>

> Tinned tuna??? (BLEEEECH!!!!)
>
> Now if it was fresh tuna, seared on both sides so that the fillet is just
> warmed thru but rare in the middle, then thinly sliced and drizzled with
> soy sauce........ Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Yummmmmmm....

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Lou Decruss wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:02:00 -0500, "kilikini"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> kili <-------- who may just end up with a tuna melt tonight. Sigh.

>> That's what we had last night. I'm painting the kitchen so making a
>> mess in the kitchen is not an option. The solid albacore from costco
>> is pretty good. To me it's comfort food.
>>
>> Lou

> Yeah, I made mine with albacore, too. I think it was Starkist. It wasn't
> bad, but I stuffed it too much; I could only eat half. :~)
>
> kili

I like the albacore. I can't look at the greasy chunk light mush anymore.

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Chocolate-enrobed blood-orange cheesecake for dessert.
>
> Bob

Is this homemade? Can I have the recipe? We have some beautiful blood
oranges on sale here right now.

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin wrote:
> Christine Dabney queried:
>

>> He is keeping the recipe a secret for awhile.
>>
>> Can you entice him to share?

> All I can do is ask! He might find it quite flattering if I tell him
> that a whole NG wants it!
>
> --Lin

He could maybe post it just once and never again? heee...I'm lusting
after it!

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

ravenlynne wrote:

> Is this homemade? Can I have the recipe? We have some beautiful blood
> oranges on sale here right now.

Okay ... I asked ... and he is refusing to give up his sooper-sekrit
recipe.

Sorry all ... but I do understand why he doesn't want to give it up.
It's just that good ...

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> ravenlynne wrote:
>
>> Is this homemade? Can I have the recipe? We have some beautiful blood
>> oranges on sale here right now.

> Okay ... I asked ... and he is refusing to give up his sooper-sekrit
> recipe.
>
> Sorry all ... but I do understand why he doesn't want to give it up.
> It's just that good ...

That's no reason. He has a niggardly personality.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote
>> They are excellent for portion control! I like the sesame chicken.

> That's why I hate them! I'm always hungry after.

I'd rather exercise more and eat more! PLUS--these dinners
are often so expensive when you break it down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin wrote:
> ravenlynne wrote:
>
>> Is this homemade? Can I have the recipe? We have some beautiful blood
>> oranges on sale here right now.

> Okay ... I asked ... and he is refusing to give up his sooper-sekrit
> recipe.
>
> Sorry all ... but I do understand why he doesn't want to give it up.
> It's just that good ...
>
> --Lin

booo hissss...

But I do understand. <off to experiment>

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On 17 Apr 2007 22:01:06 -0500, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>

>>Brought to work for lunch:

>>Chocolate-enrobed blood-orange cheesecake for dessert.
>>
>>Bob
>>

> Now THAT sounds great. Recipe please?????
>
> Christine

Something similar..........

Goat Cheesecake Enrobed in Hazelnut Brittle with Blood Orange Caramel
Sauce

adapted from Kate Zuckerman's The Sweet Life

makes (6) 4-in individual cheesecakes

Goat Cheesecake

1 egg

1 egg yolk

3 1/2 ounces granulated sugar

pinch of salt

10 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature

5 ounces crème fraîche

Hazelnut Brittle

7 ounces granulated sugar

1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/2 cup toasted, skinned, and finely ground hazelnuts

1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt

Blood Orange Caramel Sauce

4 1/2 ounces granulated sugar

1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/2 cup blood orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)

For the cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease 6 individual
ramekins.

Mix the eggs, sugar, and salt togther in a bowl and whisk for a couple
of minutes until well combined and there are no lumps.

Add in the goat cheese and whisk until smooth.

Add the crème fraîche and whisk together until combined. Do not
overwhisk or the cheesecake will develop a grainy texture.

Pour the batter into the prepared molds. Place the cheesecakes into the
oven and bake for about 20 to 24 minutes, rotating halfway. The centers
should be just set.

Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and allow to cool. Chill them in
the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

When you are ready to unmold the cheesecakes, run an offset spatula or
small knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it, then place a
plate over the top of the ramekin, flip it over, and shake vigorously
until the cheesecake comes loose from the mold.

The cheesecakes will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.

To make the brittle: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 11x17-in
baking pan with parchment or a Silpat (preferred).

Place the sugar, cream of tartar, and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan.

Cover and cook over high heat until the mixture comes to a boil, then
uncover and reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until the sugar is a
dark golden brown color.

Remove from heat and pour the caramel onto the prepared pan and let cool
and harden.

When the caramel is cool and hard, break it into small pieces and place
into a food processor. Grind the caramel into the fineness of granulated
sugar.

Stir in the ground hazelnuts.

Place a clean piece of parchment or Silpat on the baking pan and spread
the caramel and nut mixture onto the pan in a thin even layer.

Bake in the oven until the caramel remelts and bubbles, about 4-6
minutes.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle the sea salt over the hot caramel.

When the caramel is cool and hardened again, you can break it into
pieces or grind in the food processor into brittle to use in coating the
cheesecakes.

The brittle will keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry location
for a couple of weeks.

For the blood orange caramel sauce: Combine the sugar and cream of
tartar together in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of
water.

Cover and cook over high heat until the mixture boils, then uncover and
reduce heat to medium-high and cook until the sugar is dark golden brown
- don't let it burn!

Remove the saucepan from heat and carefully add in the orange juice (it
will bubble madly). Return the saucepan to the heat and whisk the
mixture so the caramel dissolves and mixes with orange juice.

When the mixture boils again, remove from the heat. Transfer to a
heatproof container and place in the refrigerator to chill and let
thicken before using.

This sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
-- George Orwell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin > wrote in news:1176866527.678023.229390
@b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> [...]

reduce heat to medium-high and cook until the sugar is dark golden brown
- don't let it burn!

Remove the saucepan from heat and carefully add in the orange juice (it
will bubble madly). Return the saucepan to the heat and whisk the
mixture so the caramel dissolves and mixes with orange juice.

When the mixture boils again, remove from the heat. Transfer to a
heatproof container and place in the refrigerator to chill and let
thicken before using.

This sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:
> Serene-y the Meanie wrote:

>> We have tuna cubes. I'm going to make shishkabobs out of them, with
>> zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and lemon wedges (and a few without the
>> tuna for me -- I'm not that fond of fish in general). Alongside that,
>> I'll serve a wheatberry pilaf with butter, lemon, and parsley.
>>
>> Serene

> That sounds so good!

It was even better, because I forgot to put the mushrooms on the
skewers, so I sliced them instead, cooked them in garlic butter, and
added them to the wheatberry pilaf (left out the lemon). It was SO
good!

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Lin" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> ravenlynne wrote:
>>
>>> Is this homemade? Can I have the recipe? We have some beautiful blood
>>> oranges on sale here right now.

>> Okay ... I asked ... and he is refusing to give up his sooper-sekrit
>> recipe.
>>
>> Sorry all ... but I do understand why he doesn't want to give it up.
>> It's just that good ...

> That's no reason. He has a niggardly personality.

Perhaps not. Perhaps he was given the recipe and someone asked him to
not share it? Or perhaps he isn't really making it all himself and can't
admit it? Or perhaps is hoping to sell it someday and not have it out
there for all to see?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Goomba38 wrote:

> cybercat wrote:

> > That's no reason. He has a niggardly personality.

> Perhaps not. Perhaps he was given the recipe and someone asked him to
> not share it? Or perhaps he isn't really making it all himself and can't
> admit it? Or perhaps is hoping to sell it someday and not have it out
> there for all to see?

I took exception to Cybercat's comment as well, but I just figure Cy
was being Cy.

Anyway, the gentleman did create the recipe all on his own and he
isn't going to part with it. But, I think he was quite flattered that
we desire it. He does moderate his own cuisine list, and he isn't
sharing it with us there either!

He is far from niggardly .... (Cy, you could have just said miserly or
stingy, neither of which this man is).

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

PeterLucas sent:

> Goat Cheesecake Enrobed in Hazelnut Brittle with Blood Orange Caramel
> Sauce

That looks very tasty. Have you tried the recipe yourself? If so, what
would you say the level of difficulty is? Prep time?

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
>
>> Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:02:00 -0500, "kilikini"

> I like the albacore. I can't look at the greasy chunk light mush anymore.

Yum, I like the chuck light packed in oil.

For dinner tonight, I am having BBQ beef ribs, baked potatoes, baked
beans and cole slaw.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lin wrote:

> He is far from niggardly .... (Cy, you could have just said miserly or
> stingy, neither of which this man is).

Niggardly isn't related to the N-word I think you're worried about.
It's a completely different thing.

ObDinnerTonight: Burrito bar -- beans, TVP, lettuce, tomato,
guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese -- so that we won't go
spending a bunch of money at the bar when we go to the poetry slam
tonight

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Serene-y wrote:

> Niggardly isn't related to the N-word I think you're worried about.
> It's a completely different thing.

Oh, I know what it means ... still, it is one of those words that is
probably on the way "out" because of the connotations it brings about
when people don't understand. People have lost their jobs for using
the word -- in the cotext it was meant!

> ObDinnerTonight: Burrito bar -- beans, TVP, lettuce, tomato,
> guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese -- so that we won't go
> spending a bunch of money at the bar when we go to the poetry slam
> tonight

Sounds quite good. I had something similar at my Bunko game tonight,
except it was a baked potato bar with all the same toppings.

Enjoy the poetry!

--Lin