Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Question about warranty

I just bought a Kitchenaid stand mixer on ebay. It is new, not
refurbished or anything, but I am wondering if the warranty is good,
even though it wasn't sold to me through an authorized retailer. I
bet that much of the goods on ebay are in this category, being sold to
the buyer via the grey market. Has anyone had any experience with
this?

Todd

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Does one need a purchase receipt from an authorized retailer for
warranty coverage to be valid, or is registering the appliance on the
website enough? Would an ebay receipt from a private seller on a new
machine be a valid purchase receipt?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 18 Mar 2007 06:29:20 -0700, wrote:

>I just bought a Kitchenaid stand mixer on ebay. It is new, not
>refurbished or anything, but I am wondering if the warranty is good,
>even though it wasn't sold to me through an authorized retailer. I
>bet that much of the goods on ebay are in this category, being sold to
>the buyer via the grey market. Has anyone had any experience with
>this?
>
>Todd

Go to
www.kitchenaid.com and then go to customer service. You can
register your appliance on line. The worst that can happen is that
someone else has already registered it.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Just to give you all an update, I called Kitchenaid today and asked
about warranty coverage on items that, though new, are purchased
through an unauthorized sales channel such as eBay, and the
representative said that there is no warranty coverage on these
items. So, this is food for thought when buying an expensive mixer on
eBay. Why not spend $75 more and have the peace of mind that the
company will back up the product for a year by buying through a
regular retailer?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mar 26, 11:32 am, wrote:
> Just to give you all an update, I called Kitchenaid today and asked
> about warranty coverage on items that, though new, are purchased
> through an unauthorized sales channel such as eBay, and the
> representative said that there is no warranty coverage on these
> items. So, this is food for thought when buying an expensive mixer on
> eBay. Why not spend $75 more and have the peace of mind that the
> company will back up the product for a year by buying through a
> regular retailer?

I asked that question on the Kitchenaid board, and was told it depends
when the item was made. If the item has a recent serial # that shows
it was made within the last year by Kitchenaid, then you should have
coverage. I would call them again.