Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier

Default News - 10-year seal performance warranty for NZ screwcaps.

The opening of New Zealand's first screwcap manufacturing plant is a major
boost to local winemakers and exporters.

Esvin Wine Resources, founded in 1993 and initially an importer of cork, was
the first to bring premium grade screwcaps into New Zealand. Now the
company, producing wine screwcaps under the brand name Alvis, is the
country's first and only screwcap manufacturer.

Stephan Jelicich managing director of Esvin Wine Resources Ltd says local
supply of screwcaps is critical.

"80 percent of all New Zealand still wine is now bottled under screwcap, so
local manufacturing, with the sole focus of supplying kiwi wineries is
critical.

"We've been working to develop this plant for some time. As a multi-million
dollar facility it's a big investment for us, but it's one we are confident
will pay off, both for us at Esvin and the New Zealand wine industry.

Relying on off-shore manufacturers was simply not sustainable for the New
Zealand wine industry, he says.

"In addition to time zone, logistical and language difficulties, there are
the delays ever present in dealing with imports."

Any problems in supply, or errors in production, took four to five months to
rectify, he says.

"If you've got wine in the tank and the barrel ready for bottling, you just
can't wait that long."

He says unexpected and unplanned export orders to local wineries could often
not be fulfilled in time, due to the delays of off-shore manufacturers.

Winemaker Kim Crawford, the first major producer to use screwcaps, says
access to locally made and decorated screwcaps is a major boost.

"I see two key benefits. We can turn around export orders in weeks instead
of months. You wouldn't believe the amount of orders lost to import time
lags. Now we can service and supply our customers, when and how we need to,"
she says.

"It's also good for small producers. Big overseas companies weren't
interested in turning out the small runs that new and boutique producers
needed their screwcaps in. Now the little guys get a chance to go to market
with all the benefits of a top end screwcap."

Wither Hills managing director and founder Brent Marris, says the biggest
benefit to him, is forging a close relationship and working in tight
partnership with like minded people.

"We've worked with Esvin for more than 10 years and bringing this critical
technology to New Zealand, allows adaptability in our production. Proximity
allows for direct timely response and that means we can guarantee quality
not just in our wine, but in the wine's packaging, presentation and
delivery. Wine is a very competitive business and New Zealand producers need
to constantly look for every competitive edge we can get," he says.

"Brand is critical to your success, so being able to stand in the production
plant and sign off on my screwcaps, on the art execution and every aspect or
decoration of that screwcap, is crucial. That we can stop and check, amend
and adjust production as it's running is a long overdue service to local
wine makers and marketers."

In what is believed to be another first, Mr Jelicich says the screwcaps also
come with a 10-year seal performance warranty.
"As far as I know, that is the first such warranty available anywhere in the
world and when you compare it to the 48 hour warranty, which was the best we
could do with cork, it shows the advances we've made."

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Pronay

"st.helier" > wrote:

> In what is believed to be another first, Mr Jelicich says the
> screwcaps also come with a 10-year seal performance warranty.

Your lordship,

is there a web source for this?

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Pronay

Michael Pronay > wrote:

>> In what is believed to be another first, Mr Jelicich says the
>> screwcaps also come with a 10-year seal performance warranty.

> Your lordship,
>
> is there a web source for this?

Found it, thank you!

M.

ds games. cheap as genuine nintendo japanese MEGA games. 3 year warranty stoja General Cooking 1 12-05-2011 03:10 PM
Screwcaps Dee Dee Wine 7 30-09-2007 10:34 AM
Question about warranty [email protected] Cooking Equipment 8 31-03-2007 09:44 PM
GE refrigerator warranty repair misery [email protected] Cooking Equipment 10 22-02-2005 10:00 AM
GE refrigerator warranty repair misery [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 17-02-2005 02:13 PM