Dimitrie Morrison

Default Smokey Joe Gold

Hello from the Netherlands.

I want to buy a smokey joe platinum, but I am not shore if it has bottom
vents? Is this the case?

Thank you!

Dimitrie Morrison

"Steve Wertz" > schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:28:06 +0200, "Dimitrie Morrison"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hello from the Netherlands.
> >
> >I want to buy a smokey joe platinum, but I am not shore if it has bottom
> >vents? Is this the case?

> Yes, it *is* the case that you are not sure.
>
> As for the vent, yes - it exists on all Weber charcoal products.
>
> -sw

Steve, thank you for your answer, and your correction of my English.

..

DukeDude

"Dimitrie Morrison" > wrote in message
i.nl...

> "Steve Wertz" > schreef in bericht
> > On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:28:06 +0200, "Dimitrie Morrison"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Hello from the Netherlands.
> > >
> > >I want to buy a smokey joe platinum, but I am not shore if it has

bottom
> > >vents? Is this the case?

> > Yes, it *is* the case that you are not sure.
> >
> > As for the vent, yes - it exists on all Weber charcoal products.
> >
> > -sw

> Steve, thank you for your answer, and your correction of my English.

Don't thank him, he's wrong. I just bought a jumbo joe. It does not have
bottom vents, it has side vents. However, in spite of this, it works as good
as any grill I have used in 27 years of grilling.

DukeDude

DukeDude

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:33:19 GMT, "DukeDude"
> > wrote:
>
> >Don't thank him, he's wrong. I just bought a jumbo joe. It does not have
> >bottom vents, it has side vents. However, in spite of this, it works as

good
> >as any grill I have used in 27 years of grilling.

> 27 years!? Wow. I'm impressed.

Wasn't trying to impress you or anyone else for that matter.

> OK, they're not dead center as in the smaller Joe's, but they're
> still *bottom* vents

Dude, they are above the coals. They are in no sense *bottom vents*.

> _designed to feed air to the fire_ not for
> exhaust like the *top* vent.

Correct! That is what they are designed for.

> Picky, picky.

Not at all. When I first saw the configuration of the Jumbo Joe I was
concerned that it wouldn't draw correctly. However, being it is a Weber
product, I was certain that they wouldn't be selling something with a
serious design flaw. I assumed the original poster may have had a similar
concern and decided to offer my input.

DukeDude