Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default ECB Fit onto a Smokey Joe?

I seem to remember Matthew Martin (Martin Matthew? - something like that)
did something like this.

Anybody with an ECB and a standard (not platinum) Smokey Joe tell me if
the ECB body fits onto a Smokey Joe?

Come to think of it, maybe it only fits onto a Platinum Smokey Joe... Do
they even make the Platinum any more? All I see are the Gold and Silver
models on their web site.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> I seem to remember Matthew Martin (Martin Matthew? - something like that)
> did something like this.
>
> Anybody with an ECB and a standard (not platinum) Smokey Joe tell me if
> the ECB body fits onto a Smokey Joe?
>
> Come to think of it, maybe it only fits onto a Platinum Smokey Joe... Do
> they even make the Platinum any more? All I see are the Gold and Silver
> models on their web site.
>
> -sw

Sqwertz,
Good idea! Can't say, but in the past I went to a local store with a
display and measured to be sure. Hope it helps. I went the other with a
little fabrication. I cut the ends off a 55 gallon drum, then cut it
down the length, then reduced the diameter to fit onto my weber 19". The
barrel I pop riveted together to hold the new diameter and set it on the
base and the lid goes on top. Use nuts and bolts thru the bbl sides to
hold new grills.
Piedmont
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 22, 6:46*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> I seem to remember Matthew Martin (Martin Matthew? - something like that)
> did something like this.
>
> Anybody with an ECB and a standard (not platinum) Smokey Joe tell me if
> the ECB body fits onto a Smokey Joe?
>
> Come to think of it, maybe it only fits onto a Platinum Smokey Joe... *Do
> they even make the Platinum any more? *All I see are the Gold and Silver
> models on their web site.
>
> -sw

He seems to be alive and well at least

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.r...1?dmode=source
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 26 May 2009 22:13:22 -0700 (PDT), Duwop wrote:

> On May 22, 6:46*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> I seem to remember Matthew Martin (Martin Matthew? - something like that)
>> did something like this....

> He seems to be alive and well at least
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.r...1?dmode=source

Oh, jeeze. He's gone over to the Dark Side. Looks like we can
write him off as unsalvageable.

-sw

Smokey Keemun Melinda Tea 4 10-10-2005 04:44 PM
Smokey Joe to cold Carsten Sohn Barbecue 8 06-06-2005 06:23 PM
Smokey taste? Squet General Cooking 15 26-04-2005 10:12 PM
Smokey Joe Gold Dimitrie Morrison Barbecue 3 04-06-2004 09:40 PM
Got me a Smokey Joe ;-) Sal Monella Barbecue 11 04-06-2004 06:16 AM