Posted to rec.food.preserving
Jke Jke is offline

Default Watermelon Rind Pickle - serve with what?

> Fried rice. The Japenese, Koreans, and orientals all make pickles and
> serve with
> nearly every meal. Or so I've read. I have tried Bread & Butters with
> fried rice
> and other dishes, wonderful pairings possible.
> Edrena

Thank you for that. It soudsn like a combo I would enjoy. I am familair with
having atjar (acar) with fried rice, but atjar as I know it is much less
sweet and much crunchier. it will be interesting to try this with my pickle.

Maybe I'll put some mango into fried rice to make things match even better.