Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses[_1_] The Joneses[_1_] is offline

Default Watermelon Rind Pickle - serve with what?

Jke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I mostly lurk here and envy you sometimes. For the huge amounts of fresh
> goodness that you seem to have at your disposal AND the apparant possibility
> to use your many preserves up
>
> I got very curious about watermelon rind picle after a recent discussion
> here and made a batch. It turned out much smaller than the starting amount,
> so I only have 2 small jars. I finished one, using it as a spread on cream
> cheese sandwiches. It was delicious. The other jar is sitting in the frdige.
> I suspect I need to eat it wihin a couple of weeks (didn't BWB or
> anything, )
>
> I used this recipe, BTW. It seemed manageable as well as promising:
> http://southernfood.about.com/od/pic...r/bl50729f.htm
>
> Now I am curious: what other things does it go well with? How do you use
> watermelon pickle?
>
> TIA,
> Jke

Fried rice. The Japenese, Koreans, and orientals all make pickles and serve with
nearly every meal. Or so I've read. I have tried Bread & Butters with fried rice
and other dishes, wonderful pairings possible.
Edrena