Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

Default sub for peanut oil in turkey fryer?

"Pete C." > wrote in message
> "D. Winsor" wrote:
>>
>> "ms_peacock" > wrote in message

<snip a bunch here>

It's tough when it's your own kid not to "host" him.

He's allergic to, cinnamon, milk, chicken, peanuts, crab, strawberries,
eggs, and corn. And believe me, he didn't quit eating any of them because
he's picky and didn't like them.

We'd just like to fry a turkey he's not allergic to. If it can be done with

canola that's what we'll do.

Ms P

You can get by easily with canola oil Ms P. I do it all the time. I fry
many of the common items including chicken and french fries in
my benchtop Krupps deep fat fryer filled with canola oil. After each
fry, I drain the oil into a tightly capped jug for use again later. Remember
that oil exposed to the air will rapidly deteriorate into an unuseable
product. Also, while canola oil is originally a poly-unsaturated oil,

prolonged exposure to heat turns it toward a saturated oil . While
it never actually solidifies, it nevertheless takes on the bad
characteristics
of saturated fat.
--
Brick(I'm paddling as fast as I can)