Posted to rec.food.cooking
jillie

Default Fried Meyer lemon slices

I just returned from a lovely luncheon at La Provence Restaurant, here
in Roseville.

I had calamari, which was excellent, but the thing that was beyond
wonderful were the fried Meyer lemon slices that were served as a
garnish.

The slices were paper thin and dropped in the same batter as the
calamari and then fried. They were "almost" crisp and tasted so good.
There were about six slices on the plate and I ate every one of them

I'm going to try this at home and the next time I go there am going to
order a whole plate of these delightful morsels.

jillie
Rosevill, CA