Waldo Centini

Tom surprised us with

> My name is Tom. I am looking for a recipe for "pulse", the food that
> Daniel ate in the Old Testament. From my research I know that it was
> not meat or fruit. I have searched the net and the book stores, but
> have not found anyone who could tell me which vegetables were used in
> pulse, or how it was prepared. If someone has this information and
> would be willing to share it with me, I would be ever so thankfull.

"Pulse" usually in culinary circles refers to seeds from vegetables,
usuallu those formed in pods, i.e beans and such. Usually in dried form.
Considering what was common fare in biblical terms, and still is in the
region (middle-east) my guess it woul be lentils, or broad beans.

--
Waldo

*** Is This A Dead Parrot I See Before Me ***
To respond through email remove removespam