Old 20-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Waldo Centini

Tom surprised us with

My name is Tom. I am looking for a recipe for "pulse", the food that
Daniel ate in the Old Testament. From my research I know that it was
not meat or fruit. I have searched the net and the book stores, but
have not found anyone who could tell me which vegetables were used in
pulse, or how it was prepared. If someone has this information and
would be willing to share it with me, I would be ever so thankfull.

"Pulse" usually in culinary circles refers to seeds from vegetables,
usuallu those formed in pods, i.e beans and such. Usually in dried form.
Considering what was common fare in biblical terms, and still is in the
region (middle-east) my guess it woul be lentils, or broad beans.

--
Waldo

*** Is This A Dead Parrot I See Before Me ***
To respond through email remove removespam