Jack Schidt®

Default crab cakes -- make ahead?

"Dawn" > wrote in message
> Howdy all,
>
> I'm planning to make crab cakes for appetizers for a fancy dinner
> Wednesday night. Is it possible to make the "batter" of crab, onion,
> egg, etc the day before and hold it in the fridge to be cooked just
> before serving? I'm trying to spread the cooking out over 2 days and do
> as much ahead of time as possible.

I wouldn't; crab cakes are best when they're made start to finish in one
session. I'd suggest moving it toward the end of your schedule and moving
something else to the early part. ('reprioritizing your timeline', isn't
that the corpspeak version?). If you can't do that, make the crab cakes
today; They'll do ok in the refrigerator for the day and a half you're
talking (it is THIS wednesday, right?)

Jack Schedule