Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Homemade Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce

In article
Nicholas Fryer > wrote:

> George, thank you for the reply! I searched and did indeed find many
> informative posts you have written over the years! One final question:
> if I do not ferment the chilies, and I want to bottle the sauce in the
> small "woozy" style bottles, is it necessary to process the bottled
> sauced in a water bath? If so, how long would you recommend? Thanks
> again for sharing your knowledge!

You can't expect a seal if your cap doesn't have a sealing compound and
I don't think I've ever seen a little cap like that with a plastisol
liner. All that vinegar will keep it just fine in the fridge.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011