Reg

Default Do you leave the rub on?

jm wrote:

> I know this is a stupid question, but after the rub has been sitting on the
> meat overnight, or however long it is supposed to sit there, do you wash any
> of the rub off before you cook it or do you take it straight from the rub
> process to the grill? I was thinking it would make the meat so salty you
> couldn't eat it, but hey, what do I know? (don't answer that last part, it
> is obvious I know nothing.) Thanks.

Don't take off any rub, leave it on. The surface of the meat will not
be salty after it cooks because the meat will give off juice during
cooking and take a good deal of salt with it.

Also, you should consider reducing the salt in your rub if that's what
you want. There no law that says you need to use a lot of salt.
One of the reasons for making your own rub is that commerical rubs
contain way too much salt.