Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Newbie

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a good recipe/website/book which will help me create
wine from the elderberries, currants (blue ones from a ribes shrub) and
brambles growing in my Scottish garden?

thanks in advance

xiv

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Jack Keller's website should have everything you need. The URL is:
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

louisxiv wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Can anyone recommend a good recipe/website/book which will help me create
> wine from the elderberries, currants (blue ones from a ribes shrub) and
> brambles growing in my Scottish garden?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> xiv

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Welcome newbie,
If you look through this newsgroup you will see most folks referencing
Jack Keller's Winemaking website: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

I also reference to these sites:
http://winemakermag.com/mrwizard/
http://www.brsquared.org/wine/
http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~good...inerecipes.htm
http://www.geocities.com/lumeisenman/
http://homewinery.info/blog/

Good luck, I've never entered into elderberries or currants for wine.
But it sounds yummy!

--
DAve
p.s. with all on the web, I never invested in any books, if some

louisxiv wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Can anyone recommend a good recipe/website/book which will help me create
> wine from the elderberries, currants (blue ones from a ribes shrub) and
> brambles growing in my Scottish garden?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> xiv

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

As above, Jack Keller! But, mentioning a Scottish Garden, I would say you
need a copy of C.J.J. Berry's books. Look them up on the web site. I would
suggest him as the father of home winemaking. Very instrumental in bringing
it to the fore as a hobby. His books are a little dated but his recipes are
first rate and in English units which would go well with your garden. His
book "130 New Winemaking Recipes" is the only source of wine cartoons I have
ever seen. Worth having for that alone.

Ray

"louisxiv" > wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> Can anyone recommend a good recipe/website/book which will help me create
> wine from the elderberries, currants (blue ones from a ribes shrub) and
> brambles growing in my Scottish garden?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> xiv

newbie craftydragon1951 General Cooking 22 04-04-2006 07:00 AM
Newbie Q's Bulletsnbrains Winemaking 6 13-03-2006 12:28 AM
A NEWBIE HERE!!!.... arem_29 Recipes 1 30-09-2005 03:54 PM
newbie following newbie pu er threads Lara Burton Tea 12 29-08-2005 05:26 PM