FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   scupadine wine recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/97090-scupadine-wine-recipe.html)

wxfreqrs 25-07-2006 10:45 AM

scupadine wine recipe

Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
any an all help appreciated

--
Don
SEMPER VIGILIS
http://myweb.cableone.net/wxfreqrs/ REAL TIME WEATHER
http://www.qsl.net/kb5fhx/index.html HAM RADIO
http://donsradio.spaces.msn.com/blog/PersonalSpace.aspx MY BLOG

Dionysus 25-07-2006 01:05 PM

scupadine wine recipe

If you can't find it here, you will have to invent your own.
I have never heard of a scupadine grape but have heard of a scupernong(sp?) grape

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Mark Lipton[_1_] 25-07-2006 02:36 PM

scupadine wine recipe

wxfreqrs wrote:
> Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
> any an all help appreciated

Scupperdine is the name of a native American grape, probably a cross
between the better known Scuppernong and Muscadine grapes. The "recipe"
for making wine from it would be to crush it and let it ferment. Here's
a link to a winery that does just that:

http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2305

Mark Lipton

James Silverton[_1_] 25-07-2006 04:00 PM

scupadine wine recipe

Mark wrote on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:36:43 -0400:

ML> wxfreqrs wrote:
??>> Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
??>> any an all help appreciated
??>>
ML> Scupperdine is the name of a native American grape,
ML> probably a cross between the better known Scuppernong and
ML> Muscadine grapes. The "recipe" for making wine from it
ML> would be to crush it and let it ferment. Here's a link to
ML> a winery that does just that:

ML> http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2305

I've never tried wine from "Scupadine grapes" but I can safely
say that I have tried Scupernong grapes and wine made from them
*once* in each case!

James Silverton.

Joseph Coulter[_1_] 25-07-2006 04:28 PM

scupadine wine recipe

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in
:

> I've never tried wine from "Scupadine grapes" but I can safely
> say that I have tried Scupernong grapes and wine made from them
> *once* in each case!

or as my wife says, "Twice! The first time and the last time."
--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg 25-07-2006 05:00 PM

scupadine wine recipe

For what its worth---all the scuppernongs I've had, mostly amateur, are
better than the vinifera made in the Carolina's like Biltmore Estate---their
"better " wines use left coast grapes. Scuppernong is the mainstay of
"Mason-Dixon Meritage" composed of Skippering, concord or Niagara and
marechel foch.

The scuppernong marries well with BBQ Rutabaga and Ferret, a swampland
treat!!!!!!!!
. 97.136...