Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Default My Favorite FANTASTIC Wine!

Hi:

Here is my wine fantasy.

Ripe French white wine grapes are used.

Before fermentation, all acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals,
ions, and electrolytes are removed from the grape juice. Ph is at least
7.

Fermentation is performed solely by wine yeasts. Yeasts are protected
from their own alcohol so that it doesn't injure or kill them. Vinegar
yeasts, acidic bacteria [e.g. lactic and acetic], mold, mildew, and
other foreign microbes are prohibited from entering the wine or any of
the wine's equipment.

After alcoholic fermentation is complete, all CO2 as well as any acids,
sulphides, oxides, ions, minerals, metals, and electrolytes indirectly
occurring during the fermentation are removed. All yeast are also
removed from the wine. The pH now is also at least 7.

Now the aging process begins and is performed by bacteria. Anaerobic
bacteria [excluding lactic and acetic acid bacteria] enter the white
wine. The bacteria initially feed on all organic substances present in
the wine [excluding ethanol] and produce foul-smelling substances.
After this, any resulting acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metal,
ions and electrolytes are removed from the wine. Following this, the
bacteria then feed on 50% of the molecules of ethanol present in the
wine while leaving the other half of ethanol molecules unaffected --
this decrease the alcohol content of the wine by 50%. More
foul-smelling substances are excreted from these bacteria. Following
this, any resulting acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions
and electrolytes are removed from the stinky white wine.

Next, these bacteria die [for some mysterious reason] and a new batch
of anaerobic, non-acidic bacteria are inserted into the stinky white
wine. These new set of bacteria then cannibalize the all dead bacteria
and produce more foul-smelling substances. The new bacteria then flee
the wine and the wine equipment. Finally, any resulting acids,
sulfides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions and electrolytes are once
again removed from the even stinkier white wine.

End result: my favorite white wine!!!

Would anyone like to try my favorite white wine???

Regards,

Radium

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology
CJ CJ is offline

I'm not sure about the wine, but I'd like to try whatever you smoked
before posting this !

;-)

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Sounds absolutely horrible!

Ray

"Radium" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi:
>
> Here is my wine fantasy.
>
> Ripe French white wine grapes are used.
>
> Before fermentation, all acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals,
> ions, and electrolytes are removed from the grape juice. Ph is at least
> 7.
>
> Fermentation is performed solely by wine yeasts. Yeasts are protected
> from their own alcohol so that it doesn't injure or kill them. Vinegar
> yeasts, acidic bacteria [e.g. lactic and acetic], mold, mildew, and
> other foreign microbes are prohibited from entering the wine or any of
> the wine's equipment.
>
> After alcoholic fermentation is complete, all CO2 as well as any acids,
> sulphides, oxides, ions, minerals, metals, and electrolytes indirectly
> occurring during the fermentation are removed. All yeast are also
> removed from the wine. The pH now is also at least 7.
>
> Now the aging process begins and is performed by bacteria. Anaerobic
> bacteria [excluding lactic and acetic acid bacteria] enter the white
> wine. The bacteria initially feed on all organic substances present in
> the wine [excluding ethanol] and produce foul-smelling substances.
> After this, any resulting acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metal,
> ions and electrolytes are removed from the wine. Following this, the
> bacteria then feed on 50% of the molecules of ethanol present in the
> wine while leaving the other half of ethanol molecules unaffected --
> this decrease the alcohol content of the wine by 50%. More
> foul-smelling substances are excreted from these bacteria. Following
> this, any resulting acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions
> and electrolytes are removed from the stinky white wine.
>
> Next, these bacteria die [for some mysterious reason] and a new batch
> of anaerobic, non-acidic bacteria are inserted into the stinky white
> wine. These new set of bacteria then cannibalize the all dead bacteria
> and produce more foul-smelling substances. The new bacteria then flee
> the wine and the wine equipment. Finally, any resulting acids,
> sulfides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions and electrolytes are once
> again removed from the even stinkier white wine.
>
> End result: my favorite white wine!!!
>
> Would anyone like to try my favorite white wine???
>

> Regards,
>
> Radium

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Ray Calvert wrote:
> Sounds absolutely horrible!

No offense but why wouldn't you like it?

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

crackhead!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Radium wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Here is my wine fantasy.
>
> Ripe French white wine grapes are used.
>
> Before fermentation, all acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals,
> ions, and electrolytes are removed from the grape juice. Ph is at least
> 7.
>
> Fermentation is performed solely by wine yeasts. Yeasts are protected
> from their own alcohol so that it doesn't injure or kill them. Vinegar
> yeasts, acidic bacteria [e.g. lactic and acetic], mold, mildew, and
> other foreign microbes are prohibited from entering the wine or any of
> the wine's equipment.
>
> After alcoholic fermentation is complete, all CO2 as well as any acids,
> sulphides, oxides, ions, minerals, metals, and electrolytes indirectly
> occurring during the fermentation are removed. All yeast are also
> removed from the wine. The pH now is also at least 7.
>
> Now the aging process begins and is performed by bacteria. Anaerobic
> bacteria [excluding lactic and acetic acid bacteria] enter the white
> wine. The bacteria initially feed on all organic substances present in
> the wine [excluding ethanol] and produce foul-smelling substances.
> After this, any resulting acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metal,
> ions and electrolytes are removed from the wine. Following this, the
> bacteria then feed on 50% of the molecules of ethanol present in the
> wine while leaving the other half of ethanol molecules unaffected --
> this decrease the alcohol content of the wine by 50%. More
> foul-smelling substances are excreted from these bacteria. Following
> this, any resulting acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions
> and electrolytes are removed from the stinky white wine.
>
> Next, these bacteria die [for some mysterious reason] and a new batch
> of anaerobic, non-acidic bacteria are inserted into the stinky white
> wine. These new set of bacteria then cannibalize the all dead bacteria
> and produce more foul-smelling substances. The new bacteria then flee
> the wine and the wine equipment. Finally, any resulting acids,
> sulfides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions and electrolytes are once
> again removed from the even stinkier white wine.
>
> End result: my favorite white wine!!!
>
> Would anyone like to try my favorite white wine???
>

> Regards,
>
> Radium

Is this YOUR WAY to make people stop drinking? A good job done badly :-)

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Farooq W wrote:

> Is this YOUR WAY to make people stop drinking?

No I am just describing a new way to make the most delicious [IMHO]
French white wine.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 4/24/2006 11:56 AM, Radium wrote:
[snipped]

Please do not feed the cross-posting trolls...

Cheers,
Ken
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Radium wrote:
> Farooq W wrote:
>

>>Is this YOUR WAY to make people stop drinking?

> No I am just describing a new way to make the most delicious [IMHO]
> French white wine.

And, like your other fantasies, completely unfeasible.
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Larry Farrell wrote:

> And, like your other fantasies, completely unfeasible.

With today's technology is is unfeasible. However, with high-end
nanotechnology it is physically-possible, its just that scientists
don't yet have a way of doing this and neither do I. If fun to think of
this possibility though.

>From what I can tell, I would really like to indulge in this high-tech

heavenly French white wine, if only it were available.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Most wines have pH closer to 3 than 7. A completely neutral wine isn't
wine- it's diluted vodka.

Besides, if you pull out all the minerals, ions, and electrolytes out
of the juice, you'll not only pull out all the flavour, you'll also
pull out the nutrients that the yeasts need in order to ferment
whatever you've got left.

Any oenophile will tell you that this "wine" ins't going to work- even
if it did ferment, it'd be undrinkable.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Madalch wrote:
> Most wines have pH closer to 3 than 7. A completely neutral wine isn't
> wine- it's diluted vodka.

Okay.

> Besides, if you pull out all the minerals, ions, and electrolytes out
> of the juice, you'll not only pull out all the flavour, you'll also
> pull out the nutrients that the yeasts need in order to ferment
> whatever you've got left.

What if those yeasts got the minerals, ions, and electrolytes from
other sources [e.g. high-tech nanotubes seperate from the grape juice]?

BTW, minerals, ions, and electrolytes do not provide any flavor to the
wine.

> Any oenophile will tell you that this "wine" ins't going to work- even
> if it did ferment, it'd be undrinkable.

Why wouldn't it be drinkable [other than the fact that it stinks of
bacterial waste]?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Ken wrote.....Please do not feed the cross-posting trolls...

I totally agree . This guy has a history of similar posts in other
groups. Search the history of posters with odd postings is the best way
to go. ...Andy j.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

"Radium" wrote .......

> Here is my wine fantasy.

Nightmare more like it !!!!!!!

> Ripe French white wine grapes are used.

Why? You live in LA! Why on earth do you want to import grapes from France?

With the process you are proposing, why not just add sugar to water and
ferment that?

> Before fermentation, all acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals,
> ions, and electrolytes are removed from the grape juice.

Leaving what?

> Ph is at least 7.

Ah, now here you show your total ignorance - may I suggest a career in
Dreamworld, Hollywood.

You see, pH levels are fundamental to the wine-making industry. It strongly
influences wine properties such as color, oxidation, biological and chemical
stability.

pH values range from 2.9 to 4.2 in wine. Wine's chemical and biological
stability are very dependent on pH value. Lower pH values are known to
improve the stability, so winemakers usually prefer a pH range of 3.0 to
3.5. The wine is so stable in this range that many winemakers believe pH is
a crucial guideline in wine-making.
There are many advantages to low pH values in wine. Low pH inhibits
bacteria, causes sugar fermentation to progress more evenly and makes
malolactic fermentation easier to control.

Low pH also has a direct influence on the stability of wine.

Low wine pH results in better visual qualities as well. When pH is lower,
both red and white wines maintain better color intensity. Red wines have
more and better color and white wines do not brown as easily.

When wine has high pH values, bacteria grow rapidly and undesirable
bacterial fermentation is more problematic. This condition causes less
biological and chemical stability, and poorer color. Wines with a high pH
always need more attention and greater care.

> Fermentation is performed solely by wine yeasts.

Roll back the tape: you have already said that "Before fermentation, all
acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions, and electrolytes are
removed from the grape juice"

So how on earth are you going to remove just about everything except the
water while leaving the natural yeast - oh I see, you are going to
virtually sterilise everything then start adding "stuff".

What is this American fixation - trying to create something totally
artificial to replace wholesome, natural foods?

Just like trying to make a pizza containing no meat or vegetable or cheese
on an inert, "cardboard" base.

Radium, I think that your brain has been nuked!!!!!

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

st.helier wrote:
> "Radium" wrote .......
> >
> > Here is my wine fantasy.
> >

> Nightmare more like it !!!!!!!
>

> > Ripe French white wine grapes are used.
> >

> Why? You live in LA! Why on earth do you want to import grapes from France?

> With the process you are proposing, why not just add sugar to water and
> ferment that?

Because I want the organic substances that are naturally present in the
grape juice. They give flavor to the wine. Water and sugar alone just
give alcohol when fermented, which is boring.

> > Before fermentation, all acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals,
> > ions, and electrolytes are removed from the grape juice.

> Leaving what?

Phenols, phytonutrients, xanthophylls, chlorophylls,and other organic
substances naturally present in the grape juice.

> > Ph is at least 7.
> >

> Ah, now here you show your total ignorance - may I suggest a career in
> Dreamworld, Hollywood.
>
> You see, pH levels are fundamental to the wine-making industry. It strongly
> influences wine properties such as color, oxidation, biological and chemical
> stability.
>
> pH values range from 2.9 to 4.2 in wine. Wine's chemical and biological
> stability are very dependent on pH value. Lower pH values are known to
> improve the stability, so winemakers usually prefer a pH range of 3.0 to
> 3.5. The wine is so stable in this range that many winemakers believe pH is
> a crucial guideline in wine-making.
> There are many advantages to low pH values in wine. Low pH inhibits
> bacteria, causes sugar fermentation to progress more evenly and makes
> malolactic fermentation easier to control.
>
> Low pH also has a direct influence on the stability of wine.
>
> Low wine pH results in better visual qualities as well. When pH is lower,
> both red and white wines maintain better color intensity. Red wines have
> more and better color and white wines do not brown as easily.

> When wine has high pH values, bacteria grow rapidly and undesirable
> bacterial fermentation is more problematic. This condition causes less
> biological and chemical stability, and poorer color. Wines with a high pH
> always need more attention and greater care.

Actually, fermentation by anaerobic bacteria [excluding acid-producing
bacteria] is one thing I want.

> > Fermentation is performed solely by wine yeasts.

> Roll back the tape: you have already said that "Before fermentation, all
> acids, sulphides, oxides, minerals, metals, ions, and electrolytes are
> removed from the grape juice"

> So how on earth are you going to remove just about everything except the
> water while leaving the natural yeast - oh I see, you are going to
> virtually sterilise everything then start adding "stuff".

FYI, more than just water remains. Grapes contain other organic
compounds such as phenols.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

nailer wrote:
> why bother?

Because different plants have different flavors. Flavors aren't always
acids, sulfides, minerals, metals, or ions.

>just start with potatoes or cane sugar or rye. After your
> process you'll get the same crap noone wants to drink.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

> FYI, more than just water remains. Grapes contain other organic
> compounds such as phenols.

For your information, phenols are fairly acidic, and you insisted on
stripping out all the acids.

Try learning just a little bit about wines before posting such nonsense
about how "heavenly" your wine would be if you could only remove
absolutely everything that is there to give it flavour.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

It sounds chemically manufactured rather than natural. I do not see anyway
it could realistically be done. You would have to add base to bring the ph
up to 7 and you would never make it drinkable again.

Ray

"Radium" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ray Calvert wrote:
>> Sounds absolutely horrible!

> No offense but why wouldn't you like it?

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Madalch wrote:
> > FYI, more than just water remains. Grapes contain other organic
> > compounds such as phenols.

> For your information, phenols are fairly acidic, and you insisted on
> stripping out all the acids.

Phenols are not acids. They end in -ol so they are alcohols. Ethan-ol
and methan-ol and most any substance ending in -ol is an alcohol.

> Try learning just a little bit about wines before posting such nonsense
> about how "heavenly" your wine would be if you could only remove
> absolutely everything that is there to give it flavour.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

nailer wrote:
> On 24 Apr 2006 19:32:53 -0700, "Radium" > wrote:
>
> #
> #nailer wrote:
> #> why bother?
> #
> #Because different plants have different flavors. Flavors aren't
> always
> #acids, sulfides, minerals, metals, or ions.

> so, acids, minerals, metals, or ions DO NOT contribute to wine
> quality?

They definitely do contribute to the flavor. However, they are not the
only substances that give wine its smells and tastes.

> which you want to remove and which to retain for a great taste,
> flavour?
>
> you'll end up with chateau de ****
>

> #
> #>just start with potatoes or cane sugar or rye. After your
> #> process you'll get the same crap noone wants to drink.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

In article .com>, "Radium" > wrote:

>Madalch wrote:
>> > FYI, more than just water remains. Grapes contain other organic
>> > compounds such as phenols.

>> For your information, phenols are fairly acidic, and you insisted on
>> stripping out all the acids.

>Phenols are not acids. They end in -ol so they are alcohols. Ethan-ol
>and methan-ol and most any substance ending in -ol is an alcohol.

Phenols aren't usually classified as alcohols, since the carbon to which
the OH is attached isn't saturated. And they are more acidic than alcohols.
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

> Phenols are not acids. They end in -ol so they are alcohols. Ethan-ol
> and methan-ol and most any substance ending in -ol is an alcohol.

Look twit, phenols are a class of alcohols which have the hydroxyl
group on an aromatic ring. They are appreciably acidic- the pKa of
phenol is about 10, which is why it is referred to carbolic acid.

Why don't you run along and try making some wine of your own? You'll
have the wine you want, and we won't have to read your nonsense, and
we'll all be happy.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology
GS GS is offline

"Radium" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Madalch wrote:
>> > FYI, more than just water remains. Grapes contain other organic
>> > compounds such as phenols.

>> For your information, phenols are fairly acidic, and you insisted on
>> stripping out all the acids.

> Phenols are not acids. They end in -ol so they are alcohols. Ethan-ol
> and methan-ol and most any substance ending in -ol is an alcohol.

<snip>

Like salbutamol and propanolol, for example...

GS

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

"Radium" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ray Calvert wrote:
>> Sounds absolutely horrible!

> No offense but why wouldn't you like it?

Wine with a pH => 7??? Yeech! Sounds like the definition of "insipid" to
me.

Eric Lucas

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

"Radium" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Ray Calvert wrote:
>
>> It sounds chemically manufactured rather than natural.

>>I do not see anyway it could realistically be done.

> It can't be done with today's technology. Thats true.
>
>> You would have to add base to bring the ph
>> up to 7 and you would never make it drinkable again.

> Or, nanobots could be programmed to selectively remove the acids,
> oxides, minerals, metals, ions, electrolytes, and sulfides while
> leaving the other substances alone.

James Clerk Maxwell is now rolling over in his grave.

Eric Lucas

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Try a lambic beer and you'll get about what you're talking about
here--whatever this is.
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

nailer wrote:
> except phenols are aromatics with hydroxy group attached to the ring,
> alkohols have hydroxy group in an aliphatic chain.

Okay

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Radium wrote:
> Madalch wrote:
> > Most wines have pH closer to 3 than 7. A completely neutral wine isn't
> > wine- it's diluted vodka.

> Okay.
>
> > Besides, if you pull out all the minerals, ions, and electrolytes out
> > of the juice, you'll not only pull out all the flavour, you'll also
> > pull out the nutrients that the yeasts need in order to ferment
> > whatever you've got left.

> What if those yeasts got the minerals, ions, and electrolytes from
> other sources [e.g. high-tech nanotubes seperate from the grape juice]?
>
> BTW, minerals, ions, and electrolytes do not provide any flavor to the
> wine.

Are you nuts? Do you think wineries use distilled water to make their
product? Or breweries or distilleries for that matter!

Chris

> > Any oenophile will tell you that this "wine" ins't going to work- even
> > if it did ferment, it'd be undrinkable.

> Why wouldn't it be drinkable [other than the fact that it stinks of
> bacterial waste]?

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

wrote:

> Do you think wineries use distilled water to make their product?

I never said they do.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Radium wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Here is my wine fantasy.

~snip painful reading~

> End result: my favorite white wine!!!

Why not just get some Everclear and dilute it with distilled water?
And add whatever else you *thought* would be left after you ~somehow
magically~ got rid of all the sulfides, ions, yada yada yada...

> Would anyone like to try my favorite white wine???

Sorry, no thanks.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Default A word about trolling (Was: My Favorite FANTASTIC Wine!)

It is obvious that Radium is not serious about his posts and while he seems to
possess a little (dangerous) scientific knowledge about what he writes about,
he is only out to push everyone's buttons rather than engage in serious
discussion. In previous postings he was known to constantly shift his position
whenever he felt his "food fantasy" was too reasonable.

Those subscribers to sci.bio.food-science who feel his intent to be serious
(that won't be too many people) should be the only people answering the post.
The rest of us -- rather than indulge in name-calling should just ignore
Radium. I figure that the threads won't nearly be as long if this rule is
followed. Raising the pH of wine above 7, for that reason alone, would
disqualify him from reasoned discourse about foods in general let alone wine.
But if anyone wants to indulge him, please do so without the name-calling.

Radium appears to be fishing for aggravated responses, and this is called
"Trolling". Trolls tend to be attention-seekers (including negative
attention), and the only reasonable way to handle them is not to give them
that attention. I have observed that Radium has broadcasted his posting to 5
newsgroups - this is typical of trolling behaviour.

In short: "Don't feed the trolls". People responding to Radium should kindly
remove all newsgroups from the "Newsgroups:" line except the one to which you
are subscribing so that the rest of us don't have to wade through this stuff.

Thanks for everyone's co-operation.

Paul King
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

Paul wrote on Fri, 05 May 2006 07:02:45 -0400:

PK> Those subscribers to sci.bio.food-science who feel his
PK> intent to be serious (that won't be too many people) should
PK> be the only people answering the post. The rest of us --
PK> rather than indulge in name-calling should just ignore
PK> Radium. I figure that the threads won't nearly be as long
PK> if this rule is followed. Raising the pH of wine above 7,
PK> for that reason alone, would disqualify him from reasoned
PK> discourse about foods in general let alone wine. But if
PK> anyone wants to indulge him, please do so without the
PK> name-calling.

PK> Radium appears to be fishing for aggravated responses, and
PK> this is called "Trolling". Trolls tend to be
PK> attention-seekers (including negative attention), and the
PK> only reasonable way to handle them is not to give them that
PK> attention. I have observed that Radium has broadcasted his
PK> posting to 5 newsgroups - this is typical of trolling
PK> behaviour.

PK> In short: "Don't feed the trolls". People responding to
Radium
PK> should kindly remove all newsgroups from the "Newsgroups:"
PK> line except the one to which you are subscribing so that
PK> the rest of us don't have to wade through this stuff.

All the above is good advice and there is confirmation that
"Radium" has achieved the attention that he or she desires in
that a new nonsense thread has appeared on another cross-posting
to groups including uk.food+drink.indian: "My ultimate exotic
butter fantasy".

Again, don't feed the trolls!

James Silverton.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

["Followup-To:" header set to sci.bio.food-science *not* sci.chem.]
On 2006-05-05, Paul King > wrote:
> It is obvious that Radium is not serious about his posts and while he seems to
> possess a little (dangerous) scientific knowledge about what he writes about,
> he is only out to push everyone's buttons rather than engage in serious
> discussion. In previous postings he was known to constantly shift his position
> whenever he felt his "food fantasy" was too reasonable.

A lot of this trolling is a disturbance but when one does a cross-posting it
is good to set a "Followup-To:" to header so that subsequent replies go to a
specific group.

Apparently, one troll tactic that was successful was to have you initiate
cross-posting on a troll related topic with no "Followup-To:" to disparate
groups (rec.crafts.winemaking, sci.chem). Killfile the the troll and be done
with it and just snicker about s/h/it (not to it) if it morphs, etc.

In the meantime, if you have a post that doesn't have to do with chemistry
then please leave sci.chem off your cross-posting agenda.

--
Louis Pasteur is rolling in his grave because I wrote "disparate
groups (rec.crafts.winemaking, sci.chem)".
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

With the greatest respect Paul, Radium's cross-posted rubbish was posted
weeks ago, and the thread had effectively died - until *you* resurrected
it (albeit under a new guise).

Rule #2 in dealing with trolls.

If it is topical *and recent* - sure! respond in any way you deem fit.

If it is dead - then please R.I.P.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

On my server, the last posting in the thread was dated May 2, only 4 days ago.
It is likely that not everyone gets all postings.

Paul King

On Sat, 6 May 2006 07:45:51 +1200, "st.helier" > wrote:

>With the greatest respect Paul, Radium's cross-posted rubbish was posted
>weeks ago, and the thread had effectively died - until *you* resurrected
>it (albeit under a new guise).
>
>Rule #2 in dealing with trolls.
>
>If it is topical *and recent* - sure! respond in any way you deem fit.
>
>If it is dead - then please R.I.P.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking,sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,sci.bio.microbiology

When it becomes obvious that a post is commercial or it becomes obvious that
a poster is a troll, I block it so they do not bother me again. I blocked
his as either a troll or an i***t a few days ago. Of couse if someone does
not like my posts, they can certainly block them as well.

Ray