Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default American Wineries need your HELP!

American wineries need your help to keep direct shipping available to
consumers. Selling bottles directly to the customer (via the web or
foot traffic) allows wineries keep a much larger cut. This allows them
greater growth, offering more variety and choice for the consumer.

Get involved now!

www.winerybound.com
offers viewable maps to see winery locations per state and details each
winery

www.freethegrapes.com
makes contacting your legislature easy and quick

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

This is a less than stellar website for PA; I clicked on
Erie/Chautauqua and it's missing quite a few good wineries. This is a
winemaking newsgroup.

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

This is fair view of NC wineries. And is accurate on NC "shipability".
Though this is a wine making newsgroup, we make our wine. Well, mostly.
DAve

ferment wrote:
> American wineries need your help to keep direct shipping available to
> consumers. Selling bottles directly to the customer (via the web or
> foot traffic) allows wineries keep a much larger cut. This allows them
> greater growth, offering more variety and choice for the consumer.
>
> Get involved now!
>
> www.winerybound.com
> offers viewable maps to see winery locations per state and details each
> winery
>
> www.freethegrapes.com
> makes contacting your legislature easy and quick

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

That seems a bit harsh, Joe. Maybe if the op had placed OT in title
of his post?!?

Seems to me that this group has benefitted over the years from small
wineries, both directly and indirectly. The situation is very serious
in the state's involved, with people's/family's livelihood at stake.
And in states like ours where it's not yet an issue, we're concerned
about changing tides. It's clearly a case of big money walking all
over the people's want. If this issue is not of interest to you, then
it's easy enough to ignore. I, for one, really appreciate the dialog.

Also, I recommend the "free the grapes" site. They make it real easy
to send a fax to your rep.

If your state isn't properly represented, the nice thing to do, for
all concerned, would be to let them know.

clyde

Developing an American Grand Cru from American Grapes John[_33_] Wine 3 06-05-2012 04:27 PM
2 newly found wineries...but not new wineries. Richard Neidich Wine 0 23-10-2007 11:02 PM
Map of wineries [email protected] Wine 4 04-02-2007 03:49 PM
American Wineries need your HELP! ferment General 0 01-02-2006 06:45 PM
American Wineries need your HELP! ferment Wine 0 01-02-2006 06:44 PM