Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Succanat Sugar?

Anyone in here use Succanat sugar for wines? How about Maple Sugar? Think
there are two others I'm forgetting. Just curious, see them at health food
store that I buy juices and turbinado sugar from (used that with some light
brown sugar in jack's frozen strawberry recipe). Wondering if any of these
are worth getting to use in making wine(well, know turbinado is, wondering
if any of the others are).

Joel

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Marc

Hi

I made a maple wine from maple syrup and water and it sure does taste like
maple. Same thing with my coffee wine, it's obvious that I used dark brown
sugar, which is great with coffee. I guess it all depends on what kind of
wine you want to make. I sure wouldn't use these types of suger with
grapes.

Marc

> Anyone in here use Succanat sugar for wines? How about Maple Sugar?

Think
> there are two others I'm forgetting. Just curious, see them at health

food
> store that I buy juices and turbinado sugar from (used that with some

light
> brown sugar in jack's frozen strawberry recipe). Wondering if any of

these
> are worth getting to use in making wine(well, know turbinado is, wondering
> if any of the others are).
>
> Joel

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Joel Sprague

Yeah, I ahven't used any of them with grape, and wasn't planning on it.
Like you, have used Dark brown with coffee wine, and light brown with
instant mocha wine. Also used light brown and Turbinado with frozen
strawberry wine,a nd plan on using demerara with Wheat wines. Was just
wondering if there are any recipes out there that people know will benefit
from Succanat wine, or if I should continue to ignore it. Thanks for the
response.

Joel.