Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Johnny Mc

Default Winery license cost

Anybody have a link with information about federal requirements and fees to
start a winery?
I have the State info for Texas. State fee is $75

Thanks,
John Mc

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Greg Boyd

Feds ?
$0.00

Greg

"Johnny Mc" > wrote in message
> Anybody have a link with information about federal requirements and fees

> start a winery?
> I have the State info for Texas. State fee is $75
>
> Thanks,
> John Mc

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Here's a good place to start learning about the requirements:
http://www.wineinstitute.org/reflib/..._atf_forms.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
pcw

Start at www.ttb.gov. You should start there by finding out who the
agent for winery licensing in your area is. Now is a good time to
start, btw .. the feds have temporarily suspended the "Special
Occupation Tax" for wineries. You will still need to provide a bond ..
min of $1000 worth, or cash deposit (that's what I did).

But wait! ... There's MORE!!! You will need to check your city or
county for zoning restrictions and possibly a license. If you operate
a tasting room you will probably need a license for food handling from
your Health Dept or State Dept of Ag and you may need a license to sell
retail alcohol. You will probably need a "Food Producer" license from
your State Dept of Ag. Last, but certainly NOT least .. your states
alcohol regulatory agency. They are ALL different, but most involve
inspections, regulations, fees and a bond, oh, and TAXES.

It's daunting, but doable .. we started up in 2001 here in OR. Our
roughest sailing by far had to do with county zoning .. fortunately, we
decided to do that first! We had to resort to a rather clever way
around a zoning restriction. If you have trouble there, drop me an
email

Charlie

Johnny Mc wrote:
> Anybody have a link with information about federal requirements and fees to
> start a winery?
> I have the State info for Texas. State fee is $75
>
> Thanks,
> John Mc

New Mega Oregon Winery, one winery buys another Matt Wine 0 07-11-2006 08:23 PM
Moonies usurp Gabrielli Winery via "Campagna" winery [email protected] Wine 0 19-09-2006 04:34 PM
License to sell? Brad Winemaking 8 03-07-2006 01:40 PM
I think I need a license to use my fridge.... cathyxyz General Cooking 9 20-05-2005 12:55 PM
How much does the license cost? General 0 25-10-2003 06:43 PM