Old 14-11-2005, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
tessamess

Default juniper berry wine?

My sister lives in the hills where there are tons of juniper berries. I
know they use them to make gin, is it possible to make wine with them?
Anyone ever attempt it? I know this is mostly a grape site ( I make
fruit and flower)..but I just wanted to know.

Old 14-11-2005, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
WannabeSomeone

"tessamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
My sister lives in the hills where there are tons of juniper berries. I
know they use them to make gin, is it possible to make wine with them?
Anyone ever attempt it? I know this is mostly a grape site ( I make
fruit and flower)..but I just wanted to know.

If you try to eat some of them you will find that they taste awful. You want
the that in your gin, not in your wine.

Wannabe
=======

Old 14-11-2005, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Ray Calvert

Jack Keller talks about using juniper berries like a spice to add to some
wines. You might do a search of his site.

Ray

oups.com...

Old 15-11-2005, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
TT

Uh, yeah, I'll second that as something you want in Gin, not wine.

Mmmmm... Gin, specifically Bombay Sapphire.. mmmm, my blue heaven.

-T

"WannabeSomeone" wrote in message
.. .

oups.com...

Old 15-11-2005, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
tessamess

Thanks..the idea of juniper berries made me go " hmmm" kinda
skeptically. That's why I asked first before jumping into a batch

Sea Buckthorn berry wine HELP! [email protected] Winemaking 1 15-10-2014 01:00 PM
"The wine was sweetened with honey and spiced with juniper, mint,cinnamon bark and other herbs." [email protected] Wine 1 25-11-2013 02:12 AM
firethorn berry wine rick c Winemaking 0 13-09-2005 04:00 AM
PH & TA in Black Berry (Copuntry) Wine atjo Winemaking 10 30-01-2005 10:09 AM
First time making berry wine, have a few questions. Harry Colquhoun Winemaking 8 10-08-2004 06:36 PM