David D.

Default Poly Drums for long term storage

Is anyone using Poly Drums for long term storage? If so, have you
noticed any problems/benefits?

I know that plastic can "breathe", but the walls of a poly drum seem
pretty thick, and the container holds pressure well...so it doesn't
seem that there would be any more oxygen entering the container than in
a barrel, assuming there isn't any headspace or that the headspace
doesn't contain oxygen.

I've got more wine than my usual containers can handle, but I use poly
drums for fermentation, so I thought these might do the trick.

Thanks, -David
Denver, CO USA