Jeff Chorniak

Default powdery mildew

For all of us who grow wine grapes, and have been scratching our heads with
all the powdery mildew, here's an interesting article about how it's been a
problem for everyone this year.

http://westernfarmpress.com/news/8-2...mildew-season/

Jeff

William Frazier

Interesting article Jeff. I had some of what I suppose was powd. mildew in
Chambourcin, Cabernet Sauvignon and Franc. In years past I did not have the
problem. I routinely spray Nova/Mancozeb early and Nova/Captan late. The
last spray, or perhaps 10 inches of rain followed by some warm weather,
seemed to stop the problem. I wonder what "soft chemistry" is...any idea.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA

"Jeff Chorniak" > wrote in message
> For all of us who grow wine grapes, and have been scratching our heads
> with
> all the powdery mildew, here's an interesting article about how it's been
> problem for everyone this year.
>
> http://westernfarmpress.com/news/8-2...mildew-season/
>
> Jeff

miker

"I wonder what "soft chemistry" is...any idea."

Soft chemistry usually refers to things like sulfur, biologicals, soap,
oils, and the like

Miker

Is it mold or mildew? Kalmia General Cooking 19 08-06-2012 02:11 PM
Powdery Mildew Strongarm Winemaking 6 03-09-2009 07:37 PM
Powdery mildew taste Darwin Vander Stelt Winemaking 3 07-11-2005 09:45 PM
icemaker has stinky/powdery ice problem Shel Cooking Equipment 2 04-06-2005 07:46 PM
Powdery mildew Darwin Vander Stelt Winemaking 5 24-08-2004 04:21 PM