FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   Sour (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/68681-sour.html)

Roy boy 29-08-2005 02:06 AM

Sour

Just to let you guys know, the white must that I had done like red wine (
skins and pulp in the must) was extremely sour after the first fermentation.
I am going to go all the way with it and if it is as sour as it is now I
might add some sugar and serve it as hard lemon aid.

Roy

MBaker 29-08-2005 11:40 AM

Hi Roy,

Bear in mind that a decent period of aging can turn wines right around.
I have had batches that I have declared undrinkable, forgotten about
for a couple of years and found to be terrific.

Have faith!

Michael

Droopy 29-08-2005 05:01 PM

Freshly fermented wine will always taste a bit too acidic (I think they
taste like drunk vomit myself).

It should age out a bitt.

Roy boy 30-08-2005 03:15 AM

I will give it up to two years and then if it does not change I will add the
sugar and call it hard lemon aid.

Roy
oups.com...

MBaker 30-08-2005 07:49 AM