Rob

Default Meta - has this happened to you?

I was showing my mine area to someone the other day and while going
through various chemicals ("this is Campden, this is..."), I was asked
"What's Meta for?". I answered "it's to make an analogy." I was
stared at funny, and then I got a groan, though I don't think they
believed anything I said after that

So my real question is, did the winemakers shorten it to meta (as
opposed to any other shorthand name) just so everyone got a chance to
deliver this pun once?

Rob

Pavel314

"Rob" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was showing my mine area to someone the other day and while going
> through various chemicals ("this is Campden, this is..."), I was asked
> "What's Meta for?". I answered "it's to make an analogy." I was
> stared at funny, and then I got a groan, though I don't think they
> believed anything I said after that

I never metabisulphite I didn't like.

Rob

Ohhh, that's good...

I hope I get a chance to use that one, too!

Rob

Iodophor vs Pot. Meta Bisulfite bobdrob[_3_] Winemaking 2 16-02-2010 05:38 PM
Meta For [email protected] Winemaking 1 25-07-2005 10:18 PM
Sodium Meta or Pot Meta Allen Winemaking 2 06-10-2004 05:11 AM
Meta @ bottling pjyakker Winemaking 6 11-07-2004 06:39 AM
Na Meta vrs. K Meta glad heart Winemaking 5 01-11-2003 10:33 AM