Chris Smolinski

Default Concord Grape disease?

I seem to have some disease (or lack of nutrients?) on my concord
grapes. The fruit, which is not yet ripe, is getting dark spots and
areas on it. I had this same problem last year, I thought maybe it was
due to the heavy rains we had.

Figuring a picture is worth a thousand words, I took a photo of some of
the fruit: http://www.blackcatsystems.com/concordgrapes.jpg

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the leaves or vines.

Maybe someone can identify what the problem is, and what some solutions
might be? I was looking forward to making some grape juice this year :-(

--
---
Chris Smolinski
Mike McGeough

Chris,

That looks like Black Rot, and kinda well established on the fruit
pictured. Nova or Manzate areprotectant sprays, but it looks like you
need an eradicant. Google it up.

Good luck.

--

Mike MTM, Cokesbury, New Jersey, USA

http://www.usenet.com

Mike,

Nova is also an eradicant. The best I know of. It's systemic action has
"kick back" of about 5 days.

Bob

Chris Smolinski

In article >,
Mike McGeough > wrote:

> Chris,
>
> That looks like Black Rot, and kinda well established on the fruit
> pictured. Nova or Manzate areprotectant sprays, but it looks like you
> need an eradicant. Google it up.
>
> Good luck.

Thanks Mike. Now to see what I can find locally to deal with it.

--
---
Chris Smolinski
http://www.blackcatsystems.com

Chris,

If you have a Lesco near you , Myclobutanil is sold under the name of
Eagle.

Bob

Mike,

It means that an infection that started 5 days ago will be eradicated.
I'm a big Myclobutanil fan. Never seen anything as good at stopping
what it's advertized to stop than Myclobutanil. Awesome stuff. LIke you
said, it really is cheap when you look at how long it lasts and the job
it does.

Bob

Mike,

Where did you by your pound of myclobutanil????

TIA,

Bob

Dwayne

Since it is a systemic, arent you afraid to eat or use any of this years
grapes? I have never used a systemic on any of my fruit and vegies for that
reason.

Dwayne

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mike,
>
> Nova is also an eradicant. The best I know of. It's systemic action has
> "kick back" of about 5 days.
>

> Bob

Grape Disease Identification Request - Grape Leaf Disease.jpg (0/1) Charles E Winemaking 8 30-05-2007 04:03 AM
Concord grape SG Rick Winemaking 2 12-09-2006 03:44 AM
Concord grape disease-Nova in grapes [email protected] Winemaking 0 16-07-2005 09:40 PM
Concord grape disease [email protected] Winemaking 0 16-07-2005 03:33 AM
REC & Q: Concord Grape Cake Scott Baking 1 15-09-2004 05:35 PM