FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   source for chest freezer cooler parts (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/62316-source-chest-freezer-cooler.html)

woodwerks 07-06-2005 04:51 PM

source for chest freezer cooler parts

I have access to a small chest freezer that I would like to convert to a
cool ferment area. Need some sort of thermostat/coupler to have it chill
the chest, but not freeze. Have heard about this being done, but don't
know the specifics of how to do this or what equipement I will need.

during the summer in Kentucky it get quite hot, nearly cooked a batch of
fruit medley as it went to super-active ferment and temps pushed 90.

thanks in advance

Charles H 07-06-2005 08:38 PM

woodwerks wrote:

> I have access to a small chest freezer that I would like to convert to a
> cool ferment area. Need some sort of thermostat/coupler to have it chill
> the chest, but not freeze. Have heard about this being done, but don't
> know the specifics of how to do this or what equipement I will need.

Something like the controller listed he http://kegman.net/9025.html
will do the job nicely, taking over the thermostat of the freezer. (No
association with the site, etc.) HTH

--
Charles Horslin
Kitchener, ON