FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   useful info (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/61747-re-useful-info.html)

Joe Sallustio 25-05-2005 12:36 PM

useful info

Pinot Noir is often called the heartbreak grape; it can be stunning or
stunningly disappointing.

The area it's grown in usually dictates the style as much as anything,
but even the French in Burgundy do it quite a few ways. If you are
looking for color a good idea is to pull off some of the free run as a
blush, that increases the skin to wine ratio of what is left. Some add
the stems (if mature); some add a portion to increase tannins.

My supplier of Pinot is pretty mediocre so I would not think my style
is worth covering, I treat it more as a generic red wine than a true
Pinot.

Joe