Bob

"JEP62" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bob wrote:
> >>

> > You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.
> > >

> Pretty harsh words towards someone that has been active in this and
> other fermentation related groups for a long time.

He started it.

> Andy

Bob

"JEP62" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bob wrote:
> >>

> > You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.
> > >

> Pretty harsh words towards someone that has been active in this and
> other fermentation related groups for a long time.

He started it.

> Andy

Bob

"JEP62" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bob wrote:
> >>

> > You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.
> > >

> Pretty harsh words towards someone that has been active in this and
> other fermentation related groups for a long time.

He started it.

> Andy

Brian Lundeen

"Bob" > wrote in message

> You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.

Bob just got my undivided attention.

Kindly explain (in 500 words or less) why my response makes me an idiot. If
you extrapolate (that basically means to expand, Bob) what I wrote into a
more general framework, you see there was a valid point to be made beyond
the sanitation practices of ancient Sumerians. It has to do with an
over-reliance on traditional winemaking methodologies, at the expense of
knowledge that scientific study has made available to us over the years.
There is undeniably a certain rustic charm to wine made the way Grandpa did
back home in Portugal (or wherever), indeed I have personally enjoyed the
experience of grabbing a tumbler and dipping it into a communal pail of
freshly fermented plonk alongside a few other old country grape buyers in a
little shop on a cool fall morning with wasps buzzing lazily about in a
drunken, placid state. But that doesn't mean I would recommend their methods
to people looking to improve their winemaking skills.

But really, we both know this wasn't about anything I said to Dan. You just
have a long memory about things I've said about you in the past. Really Bob,
after having this festering in you for ages, is that the best you could come
up with? Brian is an idiot? Well, if it makes you feel better....

Forsooth, I am stung to the quick. Or something like that.

Brian

Brian Lundeen

"Bob" > wrote in message

> You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.

Bob just got my undivided attention.

Kindly explain (in 500 words or less) why my response makes me an idiot. If
you extrapolate (that basically means to expand, Bob) what I wrote into a
more general framework, you see there was a valid point to be made beyond
the sanitation practices of ancient Sumerians. It has to do with an
over-reliance on traditional winemaking methodologies, at the expense of
knowledge that scientific study has made available to us over the years.
There is undeniably a certain rustic charm to wine made the way Grandpa did
back home in Portugal (or wherever), indeed I have personally enjoyed the
experience of grabbing a tumbler and dipping it into a communal pail of
freshly fermented plonk alongside a few other old country grape buyers in a
little shop on a cool fall morning with wasps buzzing lazily about in a
drunken, placid state. But that doesn't mean I would recommend their methods
to people looking to improve their winemaking skills.

But really, we both know this wasn't about anything I said to Dan. You just
have a long memory about things I've said about you in the past. Really Bob,
after having this festering in you for ages, is that the best you could come
up with? Brian is an idiot? Well, if it makes you feel better....

Forsooth, I am stung to the quick. Or something like that.

Brian

Dan and Alicia Quagliana

As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if the
two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to say
to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating the
subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line retort
of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about being
an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup and
plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread since
it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my equipment.
Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message

> "Bob" > wrote in message
>>
>> You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.
>>>

> Bob just got my undivided attention.
>
> Kindly explain (in 500 words or less) why my response makes me an idiot.
> If
> you extrapolate (that basically means to expand, Bob) what I wrote into a
> more general framework, you see there was a valid point to be made beyond
> the sanitation practices of ancient Sumerians. It has to do with an
> over-reliance on traditional winemaking methodologies, at the expense of
> knowledge that scientific study has made available to us over the years.
> There is undeniably a certain rustic charm to wine made the way Grandpa
> did
> back home in Portugal (or wherever), indeed I have personally enjoyed the
> experience of grabbing a tumbler and dipping it into a communal pail of
> freshly fermented plonk alongside a few other old country grape buyers in
> little shop on a cool fall morning with wasps buzzing lazily about in a
> drunken, placid state. But that doesn't mean I would recommend their
> methods
> to people looking to improve their winemaking skills.
>
> But really, we both know this wasn't about anything I said to Dan. You
> just
> have a long memory about things I've said about you in the past. Really
> Bob,
> after having this festering in you for ages, is that the best you could
> come
> up with? Brian is an idiot? Well, if it makes you feel better....
>
> Forsooth, I am stung to the quick. Or something like that.
>
> Brian

Dan and Alicia Quagliana

As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if the
two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to say
to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating the
subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line retort
of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about being
an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup and
plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread since
it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my equipment.
Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message

> "Bob" > wrote in message
>>
>> You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.
>>>

> Bob just got my undivided attention.
>
> Kindly explain (in 500 words or less) why my response makes me an idiot.
> If
> you extrapolate (that basically means to expand, Bob) what I wrote into a
> more general framework, you see there was a valid point to be made beyond
> the sanitation practices of ancient Sumerians. It has to do with an
> over-reliance on traditional winemaking methodologies, at the expense of
> knowledge that scientific study has made available to us over the years.
> There is undeniably a certain rustic charm to wine made the way Grandpa
> did
> back home in Portugal (or wherever), indeed I have personally enjoyed the
> experience of grabbing a tumbler and dipping it into a communal pail of
> freshly fermented plonk alongside a few other old country grape buyers in
> little shop on a cool fall morning with wasps buzzing lazily about in a
> drunken, placid state. But that doesn't mean I would recommend their
> methods
> to people looking to improve their winemaking skills.
>
> But really, we both know this wasn't about anything I said to Dan. You
> just
> have a long memory about things I've said about you in the past. Really
> Bob,
> after having this festering in you for ages, is that the best you could
> come
> up with? Brian is an idiot? Well, if it makes you feel better....
>
> Forsooth, I am stung to the quick. Or something like that.
>
> Brian

Dan and Alicia Quagliana

As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if the
two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to say
to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating the
subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line retort
of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about being
an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup and
plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread since
it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my equipment.
Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message

> "Bob" > wrote in message
>>
>> You must consider the source; Brian is an idiot.
>>>

> Bob just got my undivided attention.
>
> Kindly explain (in 500 words or less) why my response makes me an idiot.
> If
> you extrapolate (that basically means to expand, Bob) what I wrote into a
> more general framework, you see there was a valid point to be made beyond
> the sanitation practices of ancient Sumerians. It has to do with an
> over-reliance on traditional winemaking methodologies, at the expense of
> knowledge that scientific study has made available to us over the years.
> There is undeniably a certain rustic charm to wine made the way Grandpa
> did
> back home in Portugal (or wherever), indeed I have personally enjoyed the
> experience of grabbing a tumbler and dipping it into a communal pail of
> freshly fermented plonk alongside a few other old country grape buyers in
> little shop on a cool fall morning with wasps buzzing lazily about in a
> drunken, placid state. But that doesn't mean I would recommend their
> methods
> to people looking to improve their winemaking skills.
>
> But really, we both know this wasn't about anything I said to Dan. You
> just
> have a long memory about things I've said about you in the past. Really
> Bob,
> after having this festering in you for ages, is that the best you could
> come
> up with? Brian is an idiot? Well, if it makes you feel better....
>
> Forsooth, I am stung to the quick. Or something like that.
>
> Brian

Brian Lundeen

"Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
> spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

Hardly ongoing. I think I took a couple of shots at him long ago, and those
elephant genes of his kicked in. I guess he figured the enemy of my enemy is
my friend and leapt to your defense. Not sure where Bob went after my
response. Perhaps my eloquence left him speechless, perhaps he's just busy
trolling in alt.jaw.slack. I don't really post here that much anymore. A
quick perusal of some topics, then it's off to my main hangout,
rec.crafts.brewing, where I'm a proud card carrying member of the FA's.
Yeah, it means what you think it means. Well, I'm glad you weren't offended
by my flippant comments. I'd hate to see you spending time in the sulk room
with Bob. He's really not very good company. ;-)

Brian

Brian Lundeen

"Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
> spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

Hardly ongoing. I think I took a couple of shots at him long ago, and those
elephant genes of his kicked in. I guess he figured the enemy of my enemy is
my friend and leapt to your defense. Not sure where Bob went after my
response. Perhaps my eloquence left him speechless, perhaps he's just busy
trolling in alt.jaw.slack. I don't really post here that much anymore. A
quick perusal of some topics, then it's off to my main hangout,
rec.crafts.brewing, where I'm a proud card carrying member of the FA's.
Yeah, it means what you think it means. Well, I'm glad you weren't offended
by my flippant comments. I'd hate to see you spending time in the sulk room
with Bob. He's really not very good company. ;-)

Brian

Brian Lundeen

"Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
> spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

Hardly ongoing. I think I took a couple of shots at him long ago, and those
elephant genes of his kicked in. I guess he figured the enemy of my enemy is
my friend and leapt to your defense. Not sure where Bob went after my
response. Perhaps my eloquence left him speechless, perhaps he's just busy
trolling in alt.jaw.slack. I don't really post here that much anymore. A
quick perusal of some topics, then it's off to my main hangout,
rec.crafts.brewing, where I'm a proud card carrying member of the FA's.
Yeah, it means what you think it means. Well, I'm glad you weren't offended
by my flippant comments. I'd hate to see you spending time in the sulk room
with Bob. He's really not very good company. ;-)

Brian

Bob

"Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if

the
> two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
> impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to

say
> to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
> ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
> felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating the
> subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
> read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
> one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line

retort
> of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about

being
> an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
> really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup

and
> plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
> somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread

since
> it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my

equipment.
> Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
> spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

There's nothing going on between us since I KFd him back about the time
he called me a ****ing asshole and/or dickhead.

Bob

"Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if

the
> two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
> impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to

say
> to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
> ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
> felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating the
> subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
> read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
> one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line

retort
> of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about

being
> an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
> really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup

and
> plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
> somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread

since
> it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my

equipment.
> Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I somehow
> spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

There's nothing going on between us since I KFd him back about the time
he called me a ****ing asshole and/or dickhead.

Bob

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> > As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if

> the
> > two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
> > impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to

> say
> > to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
> > ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
> > felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating

the
> > subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
> > read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
> > one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line

> retort
> > of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about

> being
> > an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
> > really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup

> and
> > plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
> > somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread

> since
> > it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my

> equipment.
> > Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I

somehow
> > spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

> There's nothing going on between us since I KFd him back about the

time
> he called me a ****ing asshole and/or dickhead.

Oh, and I think this was right after he called me a liar.

Bob

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> > As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if

> the
> > two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
> > impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to

> say
> > to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
> > ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
> > felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating

the
> > subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
> > read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
> > one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line

> retort
> > of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about

> being
> > an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
> > really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup

> and
> > plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
> > somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread

> since
> > it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my

> equipment.
> > Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I

somehow
> > spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

> There's nothing going on between us since I KFd him back about the

time
> he called me a ****ing asshole and/or dickhead.

Oh, and I think this was right after he called me a liar.

Bob

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "Dan and Alicia Quagliana" > wrote in message
> > As I said before, I am new to this newsgroup...so I don't really know if

> the
> > two of you guys (Bob and Brian) have debated before, but I get the
> > impression that you guys are old friends. First of all, I would like to

> say
> > to Brian that I realize your comments about a possible past life as an
> > ancient Sumerian were meant as humor even though I had later said that I
> > felt "put down". Even I am capable of understanding and appreciating

the
> > subtle nuances of civil sarcasm, unlike Bob. I actually chuckled when I
> > read it and called my wife over so she could laugh too. It was a great
> > one-liner!!! I would also like to say to Bob that the short one line

> retort
> > of "Brian is an idiot" gave me an even bigger laugh than the one about

> being
> > an ancient Sumerian alcoholic in a past life. You guys are great!!!! I
> > really don't want to have anyone upset at me since I love this newsgroup

> and
> > plan on being a little more active in it as time goes on. But I do feel
> > somewhat responsible for you guys bickering on this particular thread

> since
> > it started when I mentioned using only soap and water to clean my

> equipment.
> > Is this bickering an ongoing thing between the two of you or did I

somehow
> > spark a fire by my comments of sanitation?

> There's nothing going on between us since I KFd him back about the

time
> he called me a ****ing asshole and/or dickhead.

Oh, and I think this was right after he called me a liar.

Brian Lundeen

"Bob" > wrote in message

>> There's nothing going on between us since I KFd him back about the

> time
>> he called me a ****ing asshole and/or dickhead.
>>

> Oh, and I think this was right after he called me a liar.

Actually, what I called Bob was a jerk for some borderline racist comments.
Anyone that wants to see the thread that precipitated our tragic falling out
can click on this google search link and look for our exchanges:

http://tinyurl.com/6pjpk

I can't believe I got kill-filed for that. Some people must be just a little
sensitive I guess. ;-)

Brian

Brian Lundeen