Default I inherited a filter kit, but don't know how to use it...

Hi,
I recently inherited a Flowmaster filter kit. It seems to be missing
two things: the instructions and the pump. The carboy, tubing,
adapters, and filter assembly are all there. I can't find a home page
for the manufacturer with information about the kit.

I have a few questions about the filter:

1) What kind of air pump can I use with it?
2) What kind of filters does it use?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

ed

John Whitmore

Can I ask what a Flowmaster Filter looks like as I've inherited a pump I'm
trying to work out as well.
We might be on the same Filter.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
> I recently inherited a Flowmaster filter kit. It seems to be missing
> two things: the instructions and the pump. The carboy, tubing,
> adapters, and filter assembly are all there. I can't find a home page
> for the manufacturer with information about the kit.
>
> I have a few questions about the filter:
>
> 1) What kind of air pump can I use with it?
> 2) What kind of filters does it use?
>
> Any insight would be greatly appreciated...
>
> ed

John,
It includes a plastic carboy with an airtight cap. There are two
nipples for attaching hose, one fitted onto the cap and pne onto the
bottom of the carboy.

It also includes a three-piece filter assembly -- two flat plastic
discs about 10" in diameter that sandwich a doughnut-shaped plastic
ring that is about 8" in diameter. These three pieces are held
together by six perpendicular studs with wingnuts. When the wingnuts
are tightened the two discs squeeze together to clamp down on the ring.
Each of the three plastic pieces in has a nipple for attaching hose as
well.

The kit also includes several hoses of different sizes and Y adapters
for the hoses.

HTH,

ed