Ron

Default Diammonium Phosphate Nitrogen?

I have seen a lot of comments about adding diammonium phosphate nitrogen
at the beginning to be sure the yeast can complete the process and eliminate
rotten egg odor. In my mine its more alcohol too, at the end if that's what
you are after and I'm after. Is this correct? Is there a source that would
be local for the food grade "dap" for my wine creations? What else have you
folks tried without the belly ache? I would like to get it locally instead
of having to order and wait or order ahead. Just start the new batch and
add it, cutting out another phone call or online order.

Ron

Joe Sallustio

DAP is used to correct a nitrogen deficiency, it's not relly called DAP
nitrogen. The only place I have seen it is in winemaking stores, but
any chemical supply house that will sell to you can supply it also.
You don't need a whole lot.

Joe

Ron wrote:
> I have seen a lot of comments about adding diammonium phosphate

nitrogen
> at the beginning to be sure the yeast can complete the process and

eliminate
> rotten egg odor. In my mine its more alcohol too, at the end if

that's what
> you are after and I'm after. Is this correct? Is there a source

that would
> be local for the food grade "dap" for my wine creations? What else

have you
> folks tried without the belly ache? I would like to get it locally

instead
> of having to order and wait or order ahead. Just start the new batch

and
> add it, cutting out another phone call or online order.
>
> Ron

Ron

Joe
Thanks
I have called all I know around here in Greenville, NC areas and no one here
even knows what it is. I do have a couple of places trying to locate it for
me.

Ron

"Joe Sallustio" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> DAP is used to correct a nitrogen deficiency, it's not relly called DAP
> nitrogen. The only place I have seen it is in winemaking stores, but
> any chemical supply house that will sell to you can supply it also.
> You don't need a whole lot.
>
> Joe
>
> Ron wrote:
> > I have seen a lot of comments about adding diammonium phosphate

> nitrogen
> > at the beginning to be sure the yeast can complete the process and

> eliminate
> > rotten egg odor. In my mine its more alcohol too, at the end if

> that's what
> > you are after and I'm after. Is this correct? Is there a source

> that would
> > be local for the food grade "dap" for my wine creations? What else

> have you
> > folks tried without the belly ache? I would like to get it locally

> instead
> > of having to order and wait or order ahead. Just start the new batch

> and
> > add it, cutting out another phone call or online order.
> >
> > Ron

STEPHEN PEEK

Just ask for yeast nutrient. Generally that is what it is commonly called.
Steve
"Ron" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Joe
> Thanks
> I have called all I know around here in Greenville, NC areas and no one
> here
> even knows what it is. I do have a couple of places trying to locate it
> for
> me.
>
> Ron
>

> "Joe Sallustio" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> DAP is used to correct a nitrogen deficiency, it's not relly called DAP
>> nitrogen. The only place I have seen it is in winemaking stores, but
>> any chemical supply house that will sell to you can supply it also.
>> You don't need a whole lot.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> Ron wrote:
>> > I have seen a lot of comments about adding diammonium phosphate

>> nitrogen
>> > at the beginning to be sure the yeast can complete the process and

>> eliminate
>> > rotten egg odor. In my mine its more alcohol too, at the end if

>> that's what
>> > you are after and I'm after. Is this correct? Is there a source

>> that would
>> > be local for the food grade "dap" for my wine creations? What else

>> have you
>> > folks tried without the belly ache? I would like to get it locally

>> instead
>> > of having to order and wait or order ahead. Just start the new batch

>> and
>> > add it, cutting out another phone call or online order.
>> >
>> > Ron

Joe Sallustio

That's a better idea actually. DAP is often included with yeast
nutrient, but it has some other things DAP alone won't provide. I have
used brands called yeastex, fermaid and super ferment all do a nice
job.

Did you try looking under beer _and_ winemaking in the phone books?
Sometimes they have a hard time categorizing beer and winemaking supply
shops.

Joe

STEPHEN PEEK wrote:
> Just ask for yeast nutrient. Generally that is what it is commonly

called.
> Steve
> "Ron" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Joe
> > Thanks
> > I have called all I know around here in Greenville, NC areas and no

one
> > here
> > even knows what it is. I do have a couple of places trying to

locate it
> > for
> > me.
> >
> > Ron
> >

> > "Joe Sallustio" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >> DAP is used to correct a nitrogen deficiency, it's not relly

called DAP
> >> nitrogen. The only place I have seen it is in winemaking stores,

but
> >> any chemical supply house that will sell to you can supply it

also.
> >> You don't need a whole lot.
> >>
> >> Joe

> >> nitrogen

and
> >> eliminate
> >> that's what

source
> >> that would

else
> >> have you

locally
> >> instead

batch
> >> and

Bob

"Ron" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Joe
> Thanks
> I have called all I know around here in Greenville, NC areas and no one

here
> even knows what it is. I do have a couple of places trying to locate it

for
> me.

Any good wine supply shop sells Di-Ammonium Phosphate as a Yeast
Nutrient. I just bought a pound from ECKRAUS.COM

> Ron
>

> "Joe Sallustio" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > DAP is used to correct a nitrogen deficiency, it's not relly called DAP
> > nitrogen. The only place I have seen it is in winemaking stores, but
> > any chemical supply house that will sell to you can supply it also.
> > You don't need a whole lot.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > Ron wrote:
> > > I have seen a lot of comments about adding diammonium phosphate

> > nitrogen
> > > at the beginning to be sure the yeast can complete the process and

> > eliminate
> > > rotten egg odor. In my mine its more alcohol too, at the end if

> > that's what
> > > you are after and I'm after. Is this correct? Is there a source

> > that would
> > > be local for the food grade "dap" for my wine creations? What else

> > have you
> > > folks tried without the belly ache? I would like to get it locally

> > instead
> > > of having to order and wait or order ahead. Just start the new batch

> > and
> > > add it, cutting out another phone call or online order.
> > >
> > > Ron

Bob

It's not called Di-Ammonium Phosphate Nitrogen. It's just plain
Di-Ammonium Phosphate, and it is sold as "Yeast Nutrient", and it should be
available at your local wine shop. I get mine from Wine and Cake Hobbies in
Norfolk, VA.
Bob
--
http://www.RoanokeIsland.com