Bob

"HomeBrewer" > wrote in message
> >Obviously he's a masochist.....

> Definition: [n] someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment
> Antonyms: sadist
> See Also: degenerate, deviant, deviate, flagellant, pervert
>

> I was gonna let you have it Bob, I thought you were talking about me...or
> were you?

Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks!
Bob
--
Remember; Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

> --
> ___________________
> HomeBrewer
> http://85cj7.blogspot.com/
> http://85cj7.webhop.net/
> http://funfacts.webhop.org/

Bob

"HomeBrewer" > wrote in message
> >Obviously he's a masochist.....

> Definition: [n] someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment
> Antonyms: sadist
> See Also: degenerate, deviant, deviate, flagellant, pervert
>

> I was gonna let you have it Bob, I thought you were talking about me...or
> were you?

Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks!
Bob
--
Remember; Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

> --
> ___________________
> HomeBrewer
> http://85cj7.blogspot.com/
> http://85cj7.webhop.net/
> http://funfacts.webhop.org/

Bob

"Brett Hetherington" > wrote in message
> I guess you don't know shit then do ya bob?

No, I just don't know-it-all, as you think you do.

> A fungus converts the starch to sugar, and another one converts the sugar
> to alcohol simultaneously. A number of flavor components are produced that
> are subtle and best enjoyed when the sake is at body temperature,
> preferably the body temperature found between the thighs of a geisha.
> If there's one thing that ****es me off more than a sheep that wants to
> live to be a hundred, it's an asshole who knocks something before he's

even
> tried it.

If there's one thing that ****es me off it's some moron who assumes I've
never tried it. Used to live in Denver; very high Japanese population, as
the governor of Colorado refused to go along with holding Japanese citizens
in internment camps (like the one my Japanese uncle stayed in) and allowed
them to be free in Colorado.
I think the brand of Sake I tried was "Phu Yuc".
4Q, dumbarse.
Bob
--
Remember; Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

Brian Lundeen

"Bob" > wrote in message

> Problem: You have used the words "good" and "sushi" in the same
> sentence.
> Sorry, that's not a problem after all; you could form a sentence that
> says "It would be a good thing if sushi had never been introduced into
> Western Civilization." Sorry for the mixup.

After reading a few of your postings, I think "It would be a good thing if
Bob had never been introduced into Western Civilization." ;-)

Brian

Brian Lundeen

"Bob" > wrote in message

> Problem: You have used the words "good" and "sushi" in the same
> sentence.
> Sorry, that's not a problem after all; you could form a sentence that
> says "It would be a good thing if sushi had never been introduced into
> Western Civilization." Sorry for the mixup.

After reading a few of your postings, I think "It would be a good thing if
Bob had never been introduced into Western Civilization." ;-)

Brian

Rude Bastard

Since no one(almost) is helping the OP;

Whats a matter jim Bob? Got a 'Western Civilization' stick up your
ass? LOL.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:14:39 -0500, "Bob" > wrote:

>"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Bob" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Problem: You have used the words "good" and "sushi" in the same
>> > sentence.
>> > Sorry, that's not a problem after all; you could form a sentence that
>> > says "It would be a good thing if sushi had never been introduced into
>> > Western Civilization." Sorry for the mixup.

>> After reading a few of your postings, I think "It would be a good thing if
>> Bob had never been introduced into Western Civilization." ;-)
>>
>> Brian
>>

> Hey look, another moron!

Rude Bastard

Since no one(almost) is helping the OP;

Whats a matter jim Bob? Got a 'Western Civilization' stick up your
ass? LOL.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:14:39 -0500, "Bob" > wrote:

>"Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Bob" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Problem: You have used the words "good" and "sushi" in the same
>> > sentence.
>> > Sorry, that's not a problem after all; you could form a sentence that
>> > says "It would be a good thing if sushi had never been introduced into
>> > Western Civilization." Sorry for the mixup.

>> After reading a few of your postings, I think "It would be a good thing if
>> Bob had never been introduced into Western Civilization." ;-)
>>
>> Brian
>>

> Hey look, another moron!

Brian Lundeen

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "Brian Lundeen" > wrote in message
>>
>> After reading a few of your postings, I think "It would be a good thing
>> if
>> Bob had never been introduced into Western Civilization." ;-)
>>
>> Brian
>>

> Hey look, another moron!

OK, Bob, we'll keep this at your level. Takes one to know one.

Ha ha ha, wasn't that just a thigh-slapper?

BTW, what do you think your Japanese uncle would think of your derogatory
faux-Japanese words like Phu Yuc (which to my ears, sounds more like
faux-Chinese or perhaps, faux-Korean, but hey, I'm no expert on language
mocking)?

HAND!

Brian

A. M. Hawk Widner

I would think someone would be entitled to honestly just not sake - even to
have a very poor opinion thereof.

A. M. Hawk Widner

I would think someone would be entitled to honestly just not sake - even to
have a very poor opinion thereof.

arne thormodsen

What kind of rice are you using?

I've never had sulpher odor in sake I've made. It always has the
characteristic "koji" odor.

I just finished the last bottle of my last batch on Friday. It came
out heavier-bodied and sweeter than I wanted, but was OK chilled.

To be honest I'm thinking of giving up, only because after about
half-a-dozen tries I've never produced anything as good as I can buy,
unlike my experiences brewing beer. But it's still fun to try, it's
an interesting process.

If you want, you can check out a simplified recipe I worked out at:
http://www.exchangenet.net/thormodsen/sake.htm

The last batch I made didn't use this recipe, it followed Fred
Eckhard's recipe closely, except that I cut it in half. The result
was certainly the strongest sake I've ever made, I couldn't drink more
than about 250ml at a sitting without feeling it. It also produced
skull-splitting hangovers if consumed much in excess of this amount,
as I found out with the first bottle... ;-)

--arne

"Phil V." > wrote in message
news
> Hello,
>
> I'm making my first batch(es) of sake. I prepared the koji kome

over
> about 4 days. I then used two different techniques to make my moto.

One
> was from this group and the other from the koji-kin provider

(Vision). I
> noticed that both moto have gone through a fragrant, fruit-scented

phase
> which is quite enjoyable. One of the two has progressed onto a

sulfurous
> smell that I've encountered in making kolsch. I'm not worried about

this.
> However, I'm guessing that similar stages will occur in the main

mash.
> What can the smell tell me about the stage of fermentation /

alcohol % ?
> Are there rules I should adhere to regarding agitation and duration

in
> the carboy?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil
>
> If it helps, I'm using wyeast sake yeast and will be fermenting

outdoors,
> which is around 35-55* in my area of CA.

Brett Hetherington

Obviously, I didn't get that post canceled in time....

-Brett

"Bob" > drunkenly bellowed in
:

> "Brett Hetherington" > wrote in message
>> I guess you don't know shit then do ya bob?

> No, I just don't know-it-all, as you think you do.
>
>> A fungus converts the starch to sugar, and another one converts the
>> sugar to alcohol simultaneously. A number of flavor components are
>> produced that are subtle and best enjoyed when the sake is at body
>> temperature, preferably the body temperature found between the thighs
>> of a geisha. If there's one thing that ****es me off more than a
>> sheep that wants to live to be a hundred, it's an asshole who knocks
>> something before he's

> even
>> tried it.

> If there's one thing that ****es me off it's some moron who
> assumes I've
> never tried it. Used to live in Denver; very high Japanese population,
> as the governor of Colorado refused to go along with holding Japanese
> citizens in internment camps (like the one my Japanese uncle stayed
> in) and allowed them to be free in Colorado.
> I think the brand of Sake I tried was "Phu Yuc".
> 4Q, dumbarse.
> Bob
> --
> Remember; Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

--
"They who drink beer will think beer."
-Washington Irving
Brett Hetherington

I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, but after reading the rest
of your posts, I'm sorry I cancelled my original one.
I believe you lived in Denver like I believe you had a Japanese Uncle.
Although there are a few Japanese Americans in the Denver area, most of
them were relocated to southeast Colorado and the western slope.There was
never a "very high" population of Japanese in Denver, although there are
lots of Vietnamese and Koreans, many of whom are big fans of sake.
I suppose one little yellow slanty-eyed person is the same as another,
though, Right bob? Next time you have some sake I suggest you try the
other brand, "Phuck Yu". It's much better.

-Brett

"Bob" > drunkenly bellowed in
:

> "Brett Hetherington" > wrote in message
>> I guess you don't know shit then do ya bob?

> No, I just don't know-it-all, as you think you do.
>
>> A fungus converts the starch to sugar, and another one converts the
>> sugar to alcohol simultaneously. A number of flavor components are
>> produced that are subtle and best enjoyed when the sake is at body
>> temperature, preferably the body temperature found between the thighs
>> of a geisha. If there's one thing that ****es me off more than a
>> sheep that wants to live to be a hundred, it's an asshole who knocks
>> something before he's

> even
>> tried it.

> If there's one thing that ****es me off it's some moron who
> assumes I've
> never tried it. Used to live in Denver; very high Japanese population,
> as the governor of Colorado refused to go along with holding Japanese
> citizens in internment camps (like the one my Japanese uncle stayed
> in) and allowed them to be free in Colorado.
> I think the brand of Sake I tried was "Phu Yuc".
> 4Q, dumbarse.
> Bob
> --
> Remember; Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

--
"They who drink beer will think beer."
-Washington Irving
Brett Hetherington

Jeez, Brian, I'm hurt. I thought I was a ****ing asshole of the first
water, and here I find out that I'm merely a dickhead!

-Brett

"Brian Lundeen" > drunkenly bellowed in
:

--
"They who drink beer will think beer."
-Washington Irving

Brett Hetherington

Yeah? well I lived in Perry North on Rutledge in North Pittsburgh and I
screwed your mother, so that must prove I'm your daddy, huh?
rec.crafts.winemaking, I assume, since you don't even have enough sense not
to crosspost.

-Brett

"Bob" > drunkenly bellowed in
:

--
"They who drink beer will think beer."
-Washington Irving

Sake World Sake Newsletter, December, 2006 Gerry Sushi 0 06-12-2006 12:27 AM
Sake again Pat Kennedy Winemaking 3 23-09-2005 01:30 AM
Sake question Phil V. Winemaking 0 13-01-2005 06:03 PM
Sake question Phil V. Winemaking 0 13-01-2005 06:03 PM
Sake Question Weez Winemaking 10 17-07-2004 12:00 PM