Marc

Default bread yeast

Hello folks

I have a rather silly question. I once used bread yeast in my earliest
winemaking experiments. Today, I was watching my wife kneading bread dough.
When she allows it to raise, it can easily triple its volume because of the
carbon dioxide that is produced. Does this mean there's also a tiny amount
of alcool produced by the yeast since it's the sugar in the dough that is
processed. I assume that the yeast produces the alcool and the gas at the
same time.

Marc

de sik

Yep! Correct. But then the unthinkable happens. The dough goes into the
oven, and the alcohol is driven out by the heat. A bloody shame.....

Ed

No flowers, no bees,
no leaves on the trees;
no wonder.
november.

"Marc" > schreef in bericht
> Hello folks
>
> I have a rather silly question. I once used bread yeast in my earliest
> winemaking experiments. Today, I was watching my wife kneading bread
> dough.
> When she allows it to raise, it can easily triple its volume because of
> the
> carbon dioxide that is produced. Does this mean there's also a tiny
> amount
> of alcool produced by the yeast since it's the sugar in the dough that is
> processed. I assume that the yeast produces the alcool and the gas at the
> same time.
>
> Marc

de sik

Yep! Correct. But then the unthinkable happens. The dough goes into the
oven, and the alcohol is driven out by the heat. A bloody shame.....

Ed

No flowers, no bees,
no leaves on the trees;
no wonder.
november.

"Marc" > schreef in bericht
> Hello folks
>
> I have a rather silly question. I once used bread yeast in my earliest
> winemaking experiments. Today, I was watching my wife kneading bread
> dough.
> When she allows it to raise, it can easily triple its volume because of
> the
> carbon dioxide that is produced. Does this mean there's also a tiny
> amount
> of alcool produced by the yeast since it's the sugar in the dough that is
> processed. I assume that the yeast produces the alcool and the gas at the
> same time.
>
> Marc

de sik

Yep! Correct. But then the unthinkable happens. The dough goes into the
oven, and the alcohol is driven out by the heat. A bloody shame.....

Ed

No flowers, no bees,
no leaves on the trees;
no wonder.
november.

"Marc" > schreef in bericht
> Hello folks
>
> I have a rather silly question. I once used bread yeast in my earliest
> winemaking experiments. Today, I was watching my wife kneading bread
> dough.
> When she allows it to raise, it can easily triple its volume because of
> the
> carbon dioxide that is produced. Does this mean there's also a tiny
> amount
> of alcool produced by the yeast since it's the sugar in the dough that is
> processed. I assume that the yeast produces the alcool and the gas at the
> same time.
>
> Marc

No Yeast Bread Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 04-06-2007 01:56 AM
Bread yeast [email protected] General Cooking 5 27-05-2005 01:51 PM
bread yeast Marc Winemaking 0 30-12-2004 04:31 PM
Non Yeast Bread Jerry Reed Baking 1 05-02-2004 06:59 PM
Chocolate bread, with yeast? Nexis General Cooking 7 06-01-2004 02:23 AM