Dick Adams

Default Turbo Yeast

Has anyone tried Turbo Yeast? 8kg of sugar + water + Turbo Yeast
in a 25-liter pail for 7 to 10 days produces a clean 20% alcohol
product. Now add flavoring and age! Is this true or is this a
"fortified wine recipe"?

Dick
Weez

I think it's for distillers...
Louise)

--

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried Turbo Yeast? 8kg of sugar + water + Turbo Yeast
> in a 25-liter pail for 7 to 10 days produces a clean 20% alcohol
> product. Now add flavoring and age! Is this true or is this a
> "fortified wine recipe"?
>
> Dick

arne thormodsen

I tried it to make a really strong braggot once. Came out awful,
really undrinkable. The yeast does not produce "clean alcohol", in
fact the kits come with a charcoal filter to remove the taste made by
the yeast. What the yeast does do is ferment up to the 20% claimed,
provided it is kept quite warm and well nourished. The kit actually
contains a large packet of yeast and a huge load of DAP and other
nutrients all mixed together. I seived most of the yeast from the
nutrients for my experiment, figuring the malt in the braggot would
provide enough nutrition. It may not have, or the yeast may have a
very specialized diet. In any case it isn't for general use.

--arne

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried Turbo Yeast? 8kg of sugar + water + Turbo Yeast
> in a 25-liter pail for 7 to 10 days produces a clean 20% alcohol
> product. Now add flavoring and age! Is this true or is this a
> "fortified wine recipe"?
>
> Dick

arne thormodsen

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried Turbo Yeast? 8kg of sugar + water + Turbo Yeast
> in a 25-liter pail for 7 to 10 days produces a clean 20% alcohol
> product. Now add flavoring and age! Is this true or is this a
> "fortified wine recipe"?
>
> Dick

Steve Waller

Dick:

Works fine for me. However, I make 23 litres for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks
in primary,. Then rack off sediment, add sorbate, & clearing agent.
I also use activated charcoal to help clear & remove some taste. Next
time (spring?) I will try charcoal filter pads instead, since I have
been filtering anyway.

Depending where you live, Check out
http://www.brewhaus.com
http://www.brewhaus.ca
http://www.partyman.se

I'm not affiliated with these companies, although I do sell their
product in my store (sorry I don't do mail order).

Steve

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:53:39 -0000, (Dick Adams)
wrote:

>Has anyone tried Turbo Yeast? 8kg of sugar + water + Turbo Yeast
>in a 25-liter pail for 7 to 10 days produces a clean 20% alcohol
>product. Now add flavoring and age! Is this true or is this a
>"fortified wine recipe"?
>
>Dick

Steve Waller

wrote:

>Has anyone tried Turbo Yeast? 8kg of sugar + water + Turbo Yeast
>in a 25-liter pail for 7 to 10 days produces a clean 20% alcohol
>product. Now add flavoring and age! Is this true or is this a
>"fortified wine recipe"?
>
>Dick

Turbo Cooker Infomercial Mark Thorson General Cooking 5 22-12-2008 04:21 PM
Turbo Yeast Lou[_1_] Winemaking 2 10-10-2008 05:48 AM
Turbo Baker II with manual hawkeye Baking 0 06-05-2006 04:54 PM
Bottled Turbo Wine mdginzo Winemaking 11 15-12-2005 04:57 PM
Turbo Apple Cider mdginzo Winemaking 0 26-11-2005 05:39 PM