FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   Potassium Sorbate (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/424834-potassium-sorbate.html)

Ray Bowler 10-07-2013 09:23 PM

Potassium Sorbate

I have started a rhubarb wine. I accidentally dumped some Potasium
Sorbate Into it at the same time I added the yeast. Since the Potassium
Sorbate keeps fermentation from starting is there any eay to get
fermentation going?

Thanks for the group.

--
Ray Bowler

Doug Miller[_4_] 10-07-2013 10:44 PM

Potassium Sorbate

Ray Bowler > wrote in news:rbowler-8DC580.15235310072013
@netnews.mchsi.com:

> I have started a rhubarb wine. I accidentally dumped some Potasium
> Sorbate Into it at the same time I added the yeast. Since the Potassium
> Sorbate keeps fermentation from starting is there any eay to get
> fermentation going?

Make a starter culture of the same yeast in sugar-water, and wait until that's fermenting
vigorously -- a couple of days, probably. Add that to your wine, and it MIGHT work.