Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default What do you think I can price these home build wood wine racks at?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:18:52 +0000 (UTC), Jeff
> wrote:

>How many bottles would you say 'most' homeowners would want to store?

Maybe 3 if you really mean most (or the average household). My sister
and her husband probably have 8 in their rack, but I don't see that
many in most homes.

Remember, for $100 or $150, you can get a refrigerated wine rack in
stainless steel that will hold a dozen or more bottles.

http://www.winecoolerdirect.com/Avan..._Refrigerators

I've seen this one much cheaper, by the way.

Don
Member

Location: Missouri
Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyMadVintor

I think it depends on who your target audience is. If you are looking at an amateur wine collecter then I would agree with Donald.

But, if you are looking to ask a vintor then you may get a much larger number. I'll explain why:

A lot of states here in the US I have researched allow for production of 100 US Gallons of Wine or Beer per year for 1 person over the age of 21 with a maximum of 200 gallons with 2 or more over 21.

Also considering that most wines recipies call for aging for at least 6 mos to a year before it's even done. Someone taking advantage of the full 200 gallons, I mean, you are looking at over 1,000 bottles of wine for the first year alone.

(200 gallons = 757,082 Milliliters / 750 mL = 1009.443 Bottles)
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

CrazyMadVintor,

I hope you're not really crazy and mad!!! :-{o

I thought it was 50 gals per person, 100 per household, but you're
correct. It's double that in the federal law, and in most US states.

In Ohio, it's the same. Technically, it's illegal to make homemade
beer here, but only because it wasn't specifically mentioned in the
law. I don't know of anyone who has been prosecuted for making beer at
home here.

I'm not absolutely sure of this, but I believe the amount of beer and
wine together isnt to exceed these amounts. Unfortunately, federal law
doesn't allow distillation of alcohol for personal beverage use. You
can get a permit to make it for adding to your automotive fuel, but I
don't know how many hoops you'd have to jump through to get the
permit, and how closely you would be watched if you intended to drink
some of the ethanol you made.

It's easy enough to make distilled alcohol. We did it in high school
chemistry class, but it was a very low grade alcohol. You can get a
very nice equipment setup from a company in Australia. It practically
automates the operation. Once you have the temperature points and
amount of water cooling set right, it just chugs away and you let it
go.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:51:03 +0000, CrazyMadVintor