Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Stabiliser question.

I recently started making cheap wine using large bottles of fruit squash
(concentrate), white sugar & a high alcohol yeast. Been succesful, so far.
However, I bought a "tropical" squash today & it has *stabiliser* listed
towards the back of it's ingredients. Would this have the same function
as the *stabiliser* that I've had included with wine "kits" that I've bought
from homebrew stores ? Will it prevent any fermentation at all ?

Cheers !

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Evertonian" > wrote in message
>I recently started making cheap wine using large bottles of fruit squash
> (concentrate), white sugar & a high alcohol yeast. Been succesful, so far.
> However, I bought a "tropical" squash today & it has *stabiliser* listed
> towards the back of it's ingredients. Would this have the same function
> as the *stabiliser* that I've had included with wine "kits" that I've
> bought
> from homebrew stores ? Will it prevent any fermentation at all ?
>
> Cheers !

Yes it is the same and it will prevent fermentation.
Check out frozen juice concentrates in the freezer section. more choices and
I yet to find one with stabilizer.
The produce section is another choice.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> Yes it is the same and it will prevent fermentation.
> Check out frozen juice concentrates in the freezer section. more choices
> and I yet to find one with stabilizer.
> The produce section is another choice.
>
> Robert

Thank you Sir !