Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default What fruits are best to ferment

Complete novice has started fermenting orange juice and a mixture of orange
juice and sliced apple. Are these good fruits to go for or would I get
better results from other fruits?

Also I would be grateful to know very roughly how much sugar to how much
liquid produces what percentage of alcohol? Thanks.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tim west" wrote in message
Complete novice has started fermenting orange juice and a mixture of
orange juice and sliced apple. Are these good fruits to go for or would I
get better results from other fruits?

Also I would be grateful to know very roughly how much sugar to how much
liquid produces what percentage of alcohol? Thanks.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/hydrom.asp

Midway down the page is a chart listing amount of sugar in a gallon or added
to a gallon of water for percentage of alcohol.
You will also find recipes for any type of fruit listed on the web site.

Robert

Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tim west wrote:

Complete novice has started fermenting orange juice and a mixture of orange
juice and sliced apple. Are these good fruits to go for or would I get
better results from other fruits?

Orange juice should have a Brix of ~10.7 and an SG of 1.057. It will ferment
dry at 7.82 ABV. You can add sugar to it to increase both the SG and the ABV.

I'm not a big fan of fermented Orange Juice.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:59:05 PM UTC-5, Tim west remoove wrote:
Complete novice has started fermenting orange juice and a mixture of orange juice and sliced apple. Are these good fruits to go for or would I get better results from other fruits? Also I would be grateful to know very roughly how much sugar to how much liquid produces what percentage of alcohol? Thanks.

I've had very good reviews on my pear wine. I've also made apple, elderberry and quince wines.

Paul
Old 27-05-2016, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

how about Mango? how long can a Green Mango last when being fermented? or when added preservatives?

What fruits are best to ferment jim west Winemaking 7 30-01-2013 02:03 PM
ferment dry? k-dawg Winemaking 2 02-02-2006 10:52 AM
A strange ferment Ray Calvert Winemaking 17 17-10-2004 01:47 AM
Cool Kit Ferment Dan Emerson Winemaking 3 16-04-2004 02:21 PM
Pre-Ferment? Brian Mailman Sourdough 2 07-12-2003 06:14 PM