Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Haze reappears after fining

I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?
Member

Location: Missouri
Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyMadVintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?
Have you cold stabalized it yet?

I would add no more than a teaspoon of Cream of Tartar per gallon, and then set it in a refrigerator with the temperature between 34 and 38 degrees (f).

Leave it in there for a month and it should clear just fine.

That is what I do and I've so far never had to use any chemicals. Quite frankly I've never had to use the cream of tartar either...but I know that it would help for a subborn haze that keeps comming back.

If you can try to bulk stabalize it by puting it in 1 gallon glass jugs first. Then you can go straight to bottling afterwards.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:44:33 AM UTC-9, wrote:
> I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?

Try Hot Sparkaloid
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:44:33 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> I have a white wine that has a haze to it. I tried a standard fining agent from a local home brew store and it cleared it. I racked it off of the sediment after a few days and the haze reappeared. Its most likely not a pectic haze because I used pectic enzyme to try and clear it. I tried filtering it but it's still hazey. Any thoughts?

How much Pectic Enzyme did you use ?. Other than that leave it settle and rerack it a few times

Haze C. U. Jimmy Winemaking 10 27-11-2008 12:46 AM
pectin haze? Kathi Jones Preserving 5 19-07-2005 01:46 PM
Cold haze? pp Winemaking 24 30-03-2005 01:01 AM
Bentonite Haze [email protected] Winemaking 27 11-03-2005 07:25 PM
Peach haze John Lauerhahs Winemaking 2 11-03-2005 03:33 PM